Kidnapping in public / broad daylight with guns

Narco

Just now, arkan said:

crime does not wait for the right time of day.

people get murdered.

people get kidnapped.

people get robbed.

The same can be said of vigilantism

Armed gunmen get wrestled down

Masked killers get shot by their victims

Muggers can't always intimidate 

If one side is allowed to "do something stupid" then the other side should have just the same allowance.

On 7/15/2021 at 3:47 PM, DasFroggy said:

If one side is allowed to "do something stupid" then the other side should have just the same allowance.

the issue with that is every other person carries a military grade desert eagle and immediately attempts a citizen's arrest. not everyone carries a gun publicly unless they got an actual reason to believe their life may be in targeted danger. in fact, very few people do.

Edited by Wuhtah
Please don't use derogatory terms.
Just now, DasFroggy said:

and the solution instead of doing everything you said to in game and in character is to complain on the forums and blame IFM for the fact people are being robbed?

10 minutes ago, hillievonb said:

The IRL videos are reference to things that aren't really being discussed here. They are mostly irrelevant to the point. You just don't know what the point is. You read the words 'broad daylight' and post your little videos like a knee-jerk reaction, like Pavlov's dog that drooled when he heard someone ring a bell. It's a text-based game, so, you know... reading and writing are a thing? Try doing them sometime! Thanks.

Why're you toxic? Admins please remove this guys post and give him forum moderation points. We can't have this behavior on the forums nor the community.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, arkan said:

and the solution instead of doing everything you said to in game and in character is to complain on the forums and blame IFM for the fact people are being robbed?

If I do any of those ingame, I'll get reported for "poor FearRP", which is a strange situation as criminals seem a-okay to bypass FearRP with "He's allowed to do something stupid."

Why can't a civilian do something stupid and attack their attacker? Why is FearRP one-sided?

9 minutes ago, Sidar said:

the issue with that is every other lesbian mallrat carries a military grade desert eagle and immediately attempts a citizen's arrest.

...and every other mugger insists on escalating to armed assault charges if their target so much as sneezes wrong. I had my character hospitalized by two muggers because she offered over her phone and wallet too soon.

So if you're going to enforce rules on one side for a few bad apples, when are you going to do the same for the other, equally guilty side?

"Why does only one side have to follow some rules?"

"Because lesbians have guns, or something."

Such a weird point for you to hide behind...

Edited by DasFroggy
Just now, DasFroggy said:

If I do any of those ingame, I'll get reported for "poor FearRP", which is a strange situation as criminals seem a-okay to bypass FearRP with "He's allowed to do something stupid."

Why can't a civilian do something stupid and attack their attacker? Why is FearRP one-sided?

because if I draw a gun on a 22 year old college student their first reaction shouldnt be let me pull out this PF glock i keep in my short shorts and shoot down this gangbanger.

if people have to worry about getting reported for lack of Fear RP then they're probably doing something wrong.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

...and every other mugger insists on escalating to armed assault charges if their target so much as sneezes wrong. I had my character hospitalized by two muggers because she offered over her phone and wallet too soon.

So if you're going to enforce rules on one side for a few bad apples, when are you going to do the same for the other, equally guilty side?

rules are equally enforced on illegal rpers. in fact, since there are very few illegal rpers in the admin team, illegal rpers and such muggers tend to get punished even harsher than legal vigilantes do. a lot of legal vigilantes tend to go free ooc after performing ridiculous citizens arrests. however, almost every single time you rob someone, you end up having to talk to an admin. this is not to say illegal rpers are perfect. my point is that this is a non-issue. to clarify, i'll repeat my earlier point:

we should encourage criminal rp because its hurting right now, not inhibit it further and further just to allow people to erp and e-date more easily.

Haven't been robbed in like 9+ months of playing across a wide multitude of chars. At least not robbed in a situation where I didn't make the char vulnerable and/or knowingly was in a bad spot. Even when it did happen it was whatever, just move on. People that look like easy targets get hit, no shit. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out.

Why people get so twisted OOCly is something I'll never quite comprehend. And before someone tries to hit me with the "WeLl AcTuAlLy", keep in mind I just don't care. Go touch grass or something. 

2 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

Why're you toxic? Admins please remove this guys post and give him forum moderation points. We can't have this behavior on the forums nor the community.

You know what? You're right. I shouldn't respond to toxicity and poor arguments with toxicity.