Kidnapping in public / broad daylight with guns

Narco

8 hours ago, LICE said:

I can't walk from my shop up Clinton to my apartment in Las Lagunas without being held up or scouted by dirt bike bandits or a 4 door doom patrol and that's not an exaggeration as I've like 8 or 9 clips now of attempted robberies on me doing so. It's at the point where even my character has to recognise how hilariously stupid it is because were I not to acknowledge how ridiculous it is to be almost robbed 9 times in two weeks in a wealthy area I'd be rping someone delusional or someone having a mental breakdown. I love criminal RP as much as the next person and I don't really mind getting robbed but what exists right now is baffling. I can't go on a five minute walk up a hill in the middle of the city without hearing "ayo" and then seeing a gun shoved at me. 

https://lapd-assets.lapdonline.org/assets/pdf/cityprof.pdf

Screen Shot 2021-07-15 at 8.57.52 AM.png

10 hours ago, Perstephone said:

There is literally not a safe place on the map to be outside an interior alone. It really is that bad now. People constantly complain about PF warriors and CCW holders, but where is the realism when characters literally can't walk from their front door to their car without worry of being robbed and kidnapped.

To be honest,

If your concerned for your characters well-being every-time you step outside of the house, call LSSD or LSPD. They are there for a reason, to serve and protect. This whole rule suggestion is more of an IC issue vs an OOC issue, take it up with PD or SD.

1 hour ago, Shmoe said:

Are we allowed to attack criminals now? If four videos is enough to justify disregarding FearRP for criminals, why not just do away with FearRP in general? ...there's PLENTY of videos of people straight up attacking criminals while at gunpoint, and countless more of unarmed people taking advantage of so much as a glance away to attacked criminals with guns.

17 minutes ago, TyJ said:

This whole rule suggestion is more of an IC issue vs an OOC issue, take it up with PD or SD.

Except it's not? Criminals are exempt from a pretty simple standard of FearRP, but if a victim so much as pulls a gun on two people before they can get their drawn guns pointed at him, the victim grilled by an admin for FearRP and the muggers/assassins get the immediate benefit of the doubt.

It's an OOC double standard, where if anyone on one side even tries to defend themselves IC, they're punished OOCly for it. It has made the function of a CCW useless, as it simply exchanges IC trouble for OOC problems.

Edited by DasFroggy
4 hours ago, Shmoe said:

There’s a big difference between a broad day shooting with a gun and a broad day kidnapping with a gun. Nevertheless you cant put them in the same category. One is killing someone which you probably have a solid reason behind doing if its broad day, and the other is super non-rp, that never happens besides to children / people that have personal beef with someone. 3 guys driving around with guns and masks looking for people to “kidnap” is highly non roleplay. Especially when they specifically target individuals which I’ve personally seen that are carrying duffel bags. God forbid you’re an innocent person with a duffel bag with gym clothes in it. Players are ruining the continuity similar to what @Perstephonesaid,

There is literally not a safe place on the map to be outside an interior alone. It really is that bad now. People constantly complain about PF warriors and CCW holders, but where is the realism when characters literally can't walk from their front door to their car without worry of being robbed and kidnapped.” 

it completely breaks portrayal as well as continuity, I live in California, i’ve been all over the state, the only place you’d have to get worried about getting kidnapped? Nowhere. Unless you’re a girl thats walking around late at night drunk after a club or somewhat. I understand we aren’t going to have a 1:1 realistic portrayal with los angeles, as it’s LS. Although the fact players are driving around looking for people to kidnap in broad daylight outside of the hood to just rob them and then leave them somewhere far is highly non-roleplay and never happens anywhere in California and majority of the US unless you’re in like Oakland, or detroit for the most part. But EVEN THEN, the likelihood of thet ever happening even in the ghetto in oakland/detroit is HIGHLY unlikely almost a 0.01% chance someone would try to kidnap you as a grown man.. it just doesn’t happen unless there’s personal beef, in which case they’d be killing you not robbing you and letting you go.

Edited by LoLo.Jpg
12 hours ago, LICE said:

I can't walk from my shop up Clinton to my apartment in Las Lagunas without being held up or scouted by dirt bike bandits or a 4 door doom patrol and that's not an exaggeration as I've like 8 or 9 clips now of attempted robberies on me doing so. It's at the point where even my character has to recognise how hilariously stupid it is because were I not to acknowledge how ridiculous it is to be almost robbed 9 times in two weeks in a wealthy area I'd be rping someone delusional or someone having a mental breakdown. I love criminal RP as much as the next person and I don't really mind getting robbed but what exists right now is baffling. I can't go on a five minute walk up a hill in the middle of the city without hearing "ayo" and then seeing a gun shoved at me. 

Yep, that's what happens every time. Walking down the street around Vinewood, anywhere. Random car pulls up "ayo", guys hop out with guns, same mediocre played out roleplay. It's a cops / robbers mindset that not all but some illegal roleplayers have and nothing really is done about it. 

5 hours ago, hillievonb said:

why would a random skater looking teen look like a good target to risk serious felony charges on in a high traffic avenue?

Just guessing here, but I'd say 1) They are bored OOC and lack creativity for any RP other than "let's go rob people".  So they just form these crime squads of maybe 2-4 people and drive around looking to rob or kidnap somebody for lulz.  2) They don't care about serious felony charges, because the jail time means pretty much nothing OOCly (a few days at most) and they don't care about IC consequences, only how long until they can be out and "Ayo"ing again for some borderline-metagamey robbing.

• Upvote 1

Anecdotal but still:
I definitely see way too many masked up goons with dufflebags on dirt bikes or cars in broad daylight just looking for their next mark, which is more than likely as a result of boredom. It's just not fun and way too non-roleplay, imo. I thought there were already rules in place that were against 'chain robberies' since it's not a Sunday stroll in the park for someone mentally & emotionally to just rob people like that all the time and risk jail time every time. Not implying that they might be chain robbing in a single day and getting away with it, but the principle behind of why it's not allowed is what I'm talking about. Having a rule of not allowing people to kidnap in broad daylight is pretty unfair though, considering that there are timezones to account for. I don't know if creating an OOC rule such as this would be a good thing, but I think to alleviate some of this is encouraging people to join illegal factions instead, sort of what Law was getting at I think.

14 hours ago, Law said:

I feel like IFM should regain focus in consolidating people into official factions instead of having this splintered map where every group is biting for the last piece of unoccupied Los Santos.

5 hours ago, hillievonb said:

Playing female characters? They're not even rich, wear fancy clothes or drive nice cars. The robbers got a few hundred and a phone at most, or some weed and a flashlight, that kind of thing. I dunno either.

well... it doesn't seem that outlandish to me to be targeted if you're a female walking alone with no situational awareness or adaptation after being robbed and kidnapped 4 times. you can get followed and taken/assaulted ANYWHERE as a female, sadly that's how life is.

16 minutes ago, Barbie said:

well... it doesn't seem that outlandish to me to be targeted if you're a female walking alone with no situational awareness or adaptation after being robbed and kidnapped 4 times. you can get followed and taken/assaulted ANYWHERE as a female, sadly that's how life is.

I'd give this the benefit of the doubt if I didn't have to explain to a group of muggers that all of my valuables were taken an hour (and two muggings) ago.

At this point I am considering carrying literally nothing of value but a single note to reference having nothing of value. It'll make the muggings much easier and it's a practical IC solution...

...but something needs to be done about the escalation from petty theft to kidnapping and manslaughter charges somehow seeming like an a-okay go-to means to make up for getting nothing from a victim. That tactic is already draining people from the streets fast.