Kidnapping in public / broad daylight with guns

Narco

I can't walk from my shop up Clinton to my apartment in Las Lagunas without being held up or scouted by dirt bike bandits or a 4 door doom patrol and that's not an exaggeration as I've like 8 or 9 clips now of attempted robberies on me doing so. It's at the point where even my character has to recognise how hilariously stupid it is because were I not to acknowledge how ridiculous it is to be almost robbed 9 times in two weeks in a wealthy area I'd be rping someone delusional or someone having a mental breakdown. I love criminal RP as much as the next person and I don't really mind getting robbed but what exists right now is baffling. I can't go on a five minute walk up a hill in the middle of the city without hearing "ayo" and then seeing a gun shoved at me. 

Edited by LICE
12 minutes ago, Petey said:

I was going to agree until you brought up 'in broad daylight'

I really don't mind if it happens during the daytime, but I'd ask a bare minimum roleplay quality or some common sense. Instead the best I can expect is maybe the next mugging won't be within direct line of sight of a police station.

3 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I mean to be honest IFM provided their official ruling and yet here we go people sitting on this thread complaining they can't walk outside. I've honestly no clue in what world do you live or if we even play the same server, but I don't even recall the last time I was robbed & 90% of my roleplay is done outdoors.

Or different character types get targeted at different rates, just saying. Or you play at different hours. Or you play characters with better situational awareness. Or you're lucky.

The issue is that some areas are unrealistically dangerous because of unrealistic crime, OOCly motivated because of a perceived OOC lack of risk. 

Do people commit risky armed robberies in those areas RL? Sure, but generally with specific targets, or jewelry snatch and grabs, etc, people don't just randomly kidnap college students at gunpoint in front of cameras on campus hoping to steal, I dunno what, ramen flavor packets? And why would a random skater looking teen look like a good target to risk serious felony charges on in a high traffic avenue?

It's bizarre, and the issue is that it's responsible for encouraging unrealistic RP on the part of ordinary citizen characters.

• Applaud 1
1 minute ago, hillievonb said:

Or different character types get targeted at different rates, just saying. Or you play at different hours. Or you play characters with better situational awareness. Or you're lucky.

The issue is that some areas are unrealistically dangerous because of unrealistic crime, OOCly motivated because of a perceived OOC lack of risk. 

Do people commit risky armed robberies in those areas RL? Sure, but generally with specific targets, or jewelry snatch and grabs, etc, people don't just randomly kidnap college students at gunpoint in front of cameras on campus hoping to steal, I dunno what, ramen flavor packets? And why would a random skater looking teen look like a good target to risk serious felony charges on in a high traffic avenue?

It's bizarre, and the issue is that it's responsible for encouraging unrealistic RP on the part of ordinary citizen characters.

I mean as far as I see on the forums people keep bitching about Vespucci all the time, I've rped there on 4 characters over past 5 months and have never been robbed. As a matter of the fact, one of those characters is legal (so that you don't pull the "illegal chars don't get robbed" card) and still haven't been robbed, despite walking around pretty freely. You're exaggerating the issue.

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I mean as far as I see on the forums people keep bitching about Vespucci all the time, I've rped there on 4 characters over past 5 months and have never been robbed. As a matter of the fact, one of those characters is legal (so that you don't pull the "illegal chars don't get robbed" card) and still haven't been robbed, despite walking around pretty freely. You're exaggerating the issue.

I had a character kidnapped and robbed on the same week in Vespucci. Another got robbed within four days of making her. Another kidnapping on another. Multiple attempts if I count people blatantly following their cars around or pulling up 3-deep masked before I just split.

I don't know what to tell you. We live in different worlds.

Just now, hillievonb said:

I had a character kidnapped and robbed on the same week in Vespucci. Another got robbed within four days of making her. Another kidnapping on another. Multiple attempts if I count people blatantly following their cars around or pulling up 3-deep masked before I just split.

I don't know what to tell you. We live in different worlds.

I've no clue what you're doing then. 

3 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I mean to be honest IFM provided their official ruling and yet here we go people sitting on this thread complaining they can't walk outside. I've honestly no clue in what world do you live or if we even play the same server, but I don't even recall the last time I was robbed & 90% of my roleplay is done outdoors.

true almost all of my roleplay is done outdoors and i never get robbed, even on characters that would be an easy mark. there are obvs certain areas that are prone to robberies like vinewood on account of ppl without guns living there. robbing ppl in south central and shit is really hard and risky. often times gang members cant because of gang politics and risking unnecessary beef. robbing people is really fun rp and people should be able to do it

Edited by Brad K
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I've no clue what you're doing then. 

Playing female characters? They're not even rich, wear fancy clothes or drive nice cars. The robbers got a few hundred and a phone at most, or some weed and a flashlight, that kind of thing. I dunno either.