Adjustments to the ALPR system.

Blackbird

7 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

This is where I have to disagree with you. It is in no way 'in favor of criminals' by all means. You want to push for the tools and their proper moderation and balance? Then give something to the community in return to combat those. San Andreas is an island, you can't run anywhere and you can only hide temporarily. The LEO factions have insanely fast vehicles and insanely good tools to use against you. What do you have in return? Not even a plate removal system that I had to suggest. There's no place to store items besides a vehicle or property, you have to donate for a dog that just stands there and does nothing useful. The vehicles that can actually give the LEOs a run for their money are either locked behind leasewalls and rules to prevent you or get nerfed.

That's what hurts - that back in 2018 and 2019, anybody could have a chance at their freedom. Now? If you actually have the chance to fight back against the LEO factions through force or equal usage of your own tools. What I've noticed is that there's a bigger chance of you being banned or reported for something than actually making it through.

But again, those are my two cents. My general experience with the LSPD and LSSD has been absolute dogshit when it comes to these things.

Per your reply here and 3 suggestions that all kinda fit in with each other ( alpr, plate removal and bf nerfs) it sounds like you got into a situation that wasn’t favorable for you. I am sorry to hear that it was not the rp expected. Once again this should go to a admin, rather than a suggestion, which per replies in this thread, seems like it was more of a issue with the rp than the mechanics. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, cryybabyycryy said:

Per your reply here and 3 suggestions that all kinda fit in with each other ( alpr, plate removal and bf nerfs) it sounds like you got into a situation that wasn’t favorable for you. I am sorry to hear that it was not the rp expected. Once again this should go to a admin, rather than a suggestion, which per replies in this thread, seems like it was more of a issue with the rp than the mechanics. 

As much as I appreciate the support, it's not the case. It's certainly not the first time I've gotten into a situation you've described. And unfortunately nothing was done as much as I tried to advocate for a change.

Thing is, I've been addressing these for three months now, some even for three years instead. And I felt like today was a good time to put them all out together since they do indeed lace into eachother in one way or another.

Thing is, the roleplay I can instantly reach out and try to influence a change in the future - even if it doesn't affect the player, at least I tried. The mechanics are the ones I'm trying to get changed to be far more balanced in terms of everyone having their share of fun. Players diverge, but the mechanics remain the same - rather try to change the mechanics than try to change everyone using them.

Edited by Blackbird

At this rate by the rate of suggestions and just displeasing of LEO standards by the whole community, we might as well be bare ass naked and riding tricycles to scenes. ALPR is not overpowered it doesn't give the LEO person an unfair advantage at all, so I'm failing to see your point, the ALPR goes in line with the MDC meaning it pulls information from the MDC it doesn't pull a lot of info. 

I'm going with a hard no here because it's not OP and it's restricted within said agencies quite a bit.

• Applaud 1
  • Developer
3 minutes ago, Jeff_ said:

At this rate by the rate of suggestions and just displeasing of LEO standards by the whole community, we might as well be bare ass naked and riding tricycles to scenes. ALPR is not overpowered it doesn't give the LEO person an unfair advantage at all, so I'm failing to see your point, the ALPR goes in line with the MDC meaning it pulls information from the MDC it doesn't pull a lot of info. 

I'm going with a hard no here because it's not OP and it's restricted within said agencies quite a bit.

What he said.

• Applaud 1