Increase the activity timer on the /startshift $4,000 hourly jobs

5 hours ago, Engelbert said:

You don't have to emote every minute. It's only the timer set to every minute. But it's not mandatory, you can complete the hourly shift anytime you want, just it takes longer.

This is the entire problem. People don’t want to work for two hours or longer OOC’ly just to get paid for an in-game hour because the timer didn’t trigger. It’s called diminishing returns.

Edited by Numelo
1 hour ago, Numelo said:

This is the entire problem. People don’t want to work for two hours or longer OOC’ly just to get paid for an in-game hour because the timer didn’t trigger. It’s called diminishing returns.

I get it, but you realize, that you are walking away with 12K in 3 hours right?

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

I get it, but you realize, that you are walking away with 12K in 3 hours right?

Not if you don’t trigger the timer every 60 seconds you don’t. Have you read any of the comments in the thread? The timer doesn’t count down unless you emote or chat every 60 seconds. 3 in-game hours never equals 3 OOC hours, hence diminishing returns. 3 in-game hours is more like 4-5+ if you’re not triggering the activity timer.

Making people emote 60 times an hour just so 1 hour worked IC = 1 hour OOC is overkill. Why would people work an hour and a half or two hours OOC just to get paid for one hour in-game? This is a simple fix. 

Edited by Numelo

I support this, I'm relatively new and I made my character essentially incapable of doing 'grindy' work since he's a musician.
I got this small gig at a Mexican place and I did RP for less than 2 hours but since I didn't emote and roleplay my lines it just counted to 40 or 50 min of activity and I didn't get a paycheck..

Luckily the manager was cool and handed me a bonus.