New Official Legal faction idea: Office

Lurleen

Poll  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Introduction

Right now there aren't a lot of things to do if you are a civilian roleplayer, but to go to clubs, ride your car and socialize. I was thinking that a new legal faction should be organized an created, with help from LFM, if enough people are interested. Following what ULSA has been doing, there should be an official legal faction which portrays white collar office lifestyle. You may ask yourself, why would I want to RP an office job that consist in sitting in front of a computer from 9 to 18? The goal of this new faction wouldn't be making the game a second job, but to roleplay some fun aspects of office lifestyle, adding more realism to our characters and the server as a whole.

How would the office be?

To actually do this type of roleplay an office building mapped is needed. It should be located at downtown, and the interior should have offices (duh), meeting rooms, and also common areas like a cafeteria, kitchen, even a gym for passive roleplay. The building should act in the same way the ULSA campus work, as a hub for the faction members to interact and meet. The faction should also have company vehicles.

What services would the office provide?

I was thinking of a general consulting services for businesses. People owning a script business like a nightclub, pub, restaurant, etc. could hire this new faction to provide them with new ideas on how to run their openings. They can even hire managers from the faction to open the business when they aren't around, or take care of recruiting staff, etc. The goal of these services wouldn't be to actually make a lot of money, just to create roleplay with business owners, the asking fee would be symbolic, nothing that a business owner couldn't pay. All of the faction members would recieve a paycheck each week like at any other legal faction.

What positions would the office have?

CEO: Would be the faction leader, organizing the roleplay, roleplaying a rich character, organizing the meetings, getting new contracts for the firm. (Should be a 40+ character)

VP, CFO, COO: Also leading the faction, helping the CEO and replacing him or her when not available. (40+ characters too)

HR Department: Would handle the applications to the faction, perform interviews with the people interested in joining, would help the new members and also organize outing events for the whole company, like parties or camping trips.

Management: The core of the faction, they will meet other business owners offering deals to them, offering themselves as managers for their openings, giving advice, helping them advertise, recruit workers, etc. (Characters should be in their 30's)

Analysts: These would be helping the managers in their duties, would be college graduates in their 20's. They wouldn't need to do any work stuff if they don't want, they can join the managers they work for in their meetings, but wouldn't be required. They will provide more passive roleplay within the faction.

Interns: unexperienced college students, they would make coffee, clean, basically doing anything their superiors tell them to do. They can roleplay even without scriptly joining the faction if they are at ULSA for example.

So what would the roleplay be like?

Basically, it'd create a hub for legal roleplayers to mingle. Faction would have management roleplay for those interested in that, but also casual roleplay, sharing a meal at the cafeteria, talking about the lastests gossips, working out at the company gym, going to pubs during after office, going to events organized by HR. The posibilites are endless.

If you are interested in starting this kind of roleplay PM me, we can even start a discord group. I'm currently roleplaying an ULSA teen, so my character would just be an intern. I could always create a new character for a high position if needed. If you are an admin and like the idea, you could probably help more if there's enough support from the community. 

Edited by Lurleen

I wouldn't mind the idea if done well, the issue is that this usually ends up with thirty players roleplaying luxury lifestyles producing nothing to the economy other than what their namechanged characters had earned a few years ago and buying up every business in the state.

• Applaud 1

I believe Aurum Energy Co is of that type of RP. I'd encourage you check it out, I love the idea in general but I feel like it should be player-created and based before building an official faction for it for many reasons. I used to help run a faction like that in the past but it eventually died because not many were interested in that type of RP.

Edited by ecstasy
1 minute ago, HaveADream said:

I wouldn't mind the idea if done well, the issue is that this usually ends up with thirty players roleplaying luxury lifestyles producing nothing to the economy other than what their namechanged characters had earned a few years ago and buying up every business in the state.

I see your point, but only the directors should be allowed to roleplay a luxury lifestyle, and they would be a minority. Think about the average civilian roleplayer, having one car, one apartment, roleplaying a bartender because there aren't many other options. The faction would be thought for them, most people should be analysts, not directors, as it happens irl.

Would be nice to have the arcadius building or something used as a hub, and everyone / every group of people interested in creating a company can rent office space in there and roleplay there. Different companies on different floors, with ample opportunity for those who want to go down this road.

14 minutes ago, Kenshi Haroku said:

Would be nice to have the arcadius building or something used as a hub, and everyone / every group of people interested in creating a company can rent office space in there and roleplay there. Different companies on different floors, with ample opportunity for those who want to go down this road.

That's a great idea, usually player run legal companies that aren't stripclubs, nightclubs, pubs, etc, don't actually generate a lot of money, they are niche ideas ran by few people and they usually end up closing. What we need is a hub for for legal roleplayers. Currently the only main hub for legal rp is ULSA but you need to either roleplay a student or a teacher. Arcadius building could have a /startshift script to help this roleplay to grow financially. You could have your office there, and have others roleplaying around, meetings, a job interview, secretarial roleplay. It'd be more immersive and new player friendly than 24/7 or gas stations for example. But the point of the thread is to create a decent sized community of legal rp, which wouldn't be just work related stuff, but roleplaying company events, after offices and casual socialization. ULSA has some classes but the main point is given to events and socialization, a work environment should be something like that.

• Wuhtah locked this topic