ALPR

Widdizzles

19 minutes ago, Ronnie two poles said:

What about a togglable command that allows the APLR data to show up in the chat instead?

Could be good, but chat already has a lot going on with radios and what not in legal factions, so I feel like that would spam chat too hard.

4 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Might be a little off-topic here, but ALPR shouldn't print out whether your vehicle is insured or not. Irl ALPR cannot check shit like that, that's why the cops always ask you to give them any insurance proof while they pull you over. Right now ALPR is simply too OP.

It might depend on the country and system used, but ALPR here flashes an alert when it scans a vehicle's license place and provides the reason for that, be-it lack of insurance or what not. The officers then use that to execute a traffic stop.

I also know because I got pulled over incorrectly for lack of insurance and it was an issue with the insurer's database.

Also, you actually have to be fairly close to the vehicle for it to pick up on ALPR IG, which certainly dampens the effect.

As for the topic, I quite like it as it is. Perhaps a command, like the chat options to resize the GUI?

This might be of interest, lots of good information on YT, some older than others.

Just now, Lomadias said:

It might depend on the country and system used, but ALPR here flashes an alert when it scans a vehicle's license place and provides the reason for that, be-it lack of insurance or what not. The officers then use that to execute a traffic stop.

I also know because I got pulled over incorrectly for lack of insurance and it was an issue with the insurer's database.

Also, you actually have to be fairly close to the vehicle for it to pick up on ALPR IG, which certainly dampens the effect.

As for the topic, I quite like it as it is. Perhaps a command, like the chat options to resize the GUI?

This might be of interest, lots of good information on YT, some older than others.

Well the point is that the ALPR used by American law enforcement doesn't show you whether the insurance is valid or not.

• 1 year later...
On 4/18/2021 at 5:35 AM, Zani said:

We need to fix how phones / ALPR copy it’s text when you CTRL+C -> CTRL+V (at least on windowed borderless) before we advance with these, but sure, wouldn’t hurt. Adjustable size is the way to go.

Fix has been implemented for the ALPR copy thing.

With /alprsize (I assume it's a new addition?) you can adjust the ALPR HUD size.