Alias to Prevent MG

Procaine

Hi all!

I'm a more than fair Detective on my character, however, all Detectives are still metagamed on a daily basis whether you believe it or not. I'm simply suggesting a command such as /alias that can be used to cover the character's name tag by replacing it with a temporary fictional name above their head without masking. It's one spot to know my character on an in-character basis which is 110% acceptable, however, myself and my fellow comrades are simply metagamed because of screenshots posted on the forums, Discord, or others of us purchasing weapons, narcotics, etc. Due to my role, I'm constantly posted in pictures on the forums with my IC name which can easily be metagamed by others. If this command is added, it will be heavily monitored by LFM, LSPD, and LSSD without a doubt.

TL:DR; allow Detectives from PD/SD to temporarily change their nametag above their head to an unused name when making buys or undercover ops in order to avoid MG.

EDIT: A great idea was also brought to light. Allow this for SD/PD Detectives, but this has to be an approved command similar to break ins which will require admin approval.

Edited by Procaine
  • Upvote 3
Just now, MrWussWuss said:

I remember hearing cops on other servers complaining about the same issue. I think a different alias like that would do wonders. Not sure how it'd be done technically, but useful for sure. 

Probably something like the admins have where they can change their own names. I'm fully supporting this as it can ruin roleplay for the detectives simply cause they know it's them oocly.

• Procaine changed the title to Alias to Prevent MG
  • Wuhtah locked this topic