Hair and makeup, like /outfit

Bloodseeker

Short description: hair and makeup should have their own slots from 0 to 20, similar to /outfit

Detailed description: instead of the hairstyle you chose for that specific outfit (and a bunch of others from /hairtie but come on), you're stuck with those forever. but you can kinda wake up in the morning and style your hair the way you want. ok, this doesn't really apply to me since I'm balding but you get the idea

Commands to add: (possibly) /houtfit 0-20 & /moutfit 0-20, /hair 0-20 & /makeup 0-20

Items to add: none!

How would your suggestion improve the server? i mean... trust me, it improves everything

Additional information:

/hairtie is a thing so it gives me the impression that this is possible to accomplish rather easily. why not make it more fun for everyone? 

Supported if an item was required such as a “hair trimmer” etc which would break after a certain amount of uses so that money still circulates in the economy.

Another idea would be making a donator item such as hair trimmers etc that will last for x amount of days such as the dog / cat items and be pretty cheap

Edited by LoLo.Jpg

First of all, thanks for the input. These are my counter arguments;

I honestly don't see why this needs an RPG element to it. Trimmer for what, and making such a trivial/natural thing a donator feature? I mean, I would be okay with regular players having 5 hair outfit slots and donators getting like 50. But outright limiting it to donators just sounds terrible to me. It's hair guys, there's no need to overcomplicate basic customization. Having to buy a trimmer sounds a bit silly to me. It's like going to the barber in GTA SA with a fade, having the barber trim your head and walking out with an afro. You're also going to have pretty much every single person on the server walking around with trimmers in their pockets, which once again sounds silly. /makeup is a thing, you don't need to buy a brush for it and it seems to be working alright so far.

As for the concerns regarding abuse... I mean, literally anything can be abused in the game if you're up to no good. Take cars for example, something everyone has. Besides, you can already use /outfit to change into an unrecognizable costume or literally put warpaint on your face using /makeup. I think your worries are misplaced. There will be players with malicious intention all the time and that's why we have staff. 

I want to stress it one last time, literally any feature in the game can be abused if you're up to no good! That shouldn't limit the nicer majority from having nice things though.

Edited by Bloodseeker
3 minutes ago, Bloodseeker said:

As for the concerns regarding abuse... I mean, literally anything can be abused in the game if you're up to no good. Take cars for example, something everyone has. Besides, you can already use /outfit to change into an unrecognizable costume or literally put warpaint on your face using /makeup. I think your worries are misplaced.

That's a good point and good suggestion, it would be a really nice quality of life addition but this is still prone to abuse. If people were able to save multiple hairstyles, we'd have criminals entering properties and completely changing their appearance within seconds, coming out with different clothes, a different hairstyle (and different color), maybe a beard too. It's really easy to consider them as props (wigs or fake facial hair) but it would still be a huge advantage.

It's possible to have different hairstyles right now - as a workaround, anyway. You can have the same outfit twice and save two different hairstyles on each. It's not perfect but it works.

42 minutes ago, Entity said:

It's possible to have different hairstyles right now - as a workaround, anyway. You can have the same outfit twice and save two different hairstyles on each. It's not perfect but it works.

I think this is one of the blaring issues to be honest. I have a lot of work outfits for my character and am having to donate, just to get those extra outfit slots because I fancy a different style of hair some days. Forcing people to make duplicate outfits is a limitation that needs a work around and nothing has been suggested until this thread. 

I like the idea. It could be incorporated into the rules under PG if people are running into houses and changing their hairstyle COMPLETELY, as in a different color, length etc etc.  

Edited by JayO
  • 2 months later...

Big big +1 on this, was intending to make this suggestion myself.

This would be such a huge quality of life improvement, even if we were just given 5 slots for make-up and 5 for hair.
We do already have the /hairtie command but that command is really iffy as it seems the hair colour sliders aren't all the same your hair can go from blonde to orange using the command as well as it being really limited in the styles that it offers.
Being able to wear different hairstyles and different make-up/no make-up with your outfits is a HUGE quality of life addition.

As to the whole "it can be abused argument": Someone that would go out of their way to abuse this can already save an outfit with hair that is completely different to their characters usual look.

People that abuse the mechanics that the server has to offer are the ones that should be punished for doing so instead of other players being punished by denying them features that can have a impact on both quality of life and roleplay.

• Upvote 2

I'd like to bump and support this idea.

Having multiple sets of make-up and hairstyle over the same outfit is a whole new level of personalization. It can also help to get quickly the "mood" of each character (neglected or dressy) , since it should allow flexibility independently of the outfit. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic