Removing/placing plates on vehicles without unregistering/registering it every time || /removeplate || /placeplate

adirthefirst

Short description: Adding an option to remove plates from a vehicle without unregistering it

Detailed description: Sometimes people RP taking off the license plates off their bike/car and admins say this thing cannot be done, but in reality it can. This isn't a major thing to change, it only needs one cmd /removeplate and the plate will dissapear (of course after proper RP of removing the plates). If you can't dissapear then nothing will be written on it and it will be a sign that the vehicle has no plates.

Cmmands to add: /removeplate || /placeplate

Items to add: N/A or maybe if people would want to fake their plates there will be an option to purchase different illegal plates, but that's not the main thing here.

How would your suggestion improve the server? : It adds to realism, every criminal who's wanting to do a crime act will remove his plates in order to hide it from police or CCTV, then after the action he puts it back. 

Additional information: N/A

Edited by AdirK1
  • Upvote 1
  • adirthefirst changed the title to Removing/placing plates on vehicles without unregistering/registering it every time || /removeplate || /placeplate

Good idea but the UCP, MDC, ALPR, all of that needs to be changed for this to be implemented. The penal code would also needs to be clarified since at this moment if the car doesn't have a plate and if you run the car is crushed. I can imagine people would quickly do /placeplate if they get caught while they don't have a plate to keep their car.

And no, it cannot be "handled easily." If you have any form of coding knowledge you would know linking different systems together is extremely complicated. I would rather see game developers working on bug fixes than someone that is already possible with proper roleplay and a /report.

Edited by QuadTurboW16
1 hour ago, QuadTurboW16 said:

Good idea but the UCP, MDC, ALPR, all of that needs to be changed for this to be implemented. The penal code would also needs to be clarified since at this moment if the car doesn't have a plate and if you run the car is crushed. I can imagine people would quickly do /placeplate if they get caught while they don't have a plate to keep their car.

This can be handled easily as well, the script won't let the guy place back their plate as long as they are in their vehicles.

25 minutes ago, Kippah Head said:

Maybe set a timer of 24 hours before you can place/put back the plates to avoid players from abusing it? The idea itself is sick, I'd love to see it in game.

that's the stupidest solution i've ever heard to a problem.

The removal of plates should be as is, the system should also introduce VIN numbers so cars without plates can still be tracked back by the PD after opening their hood to look at the VIN.

1 hour ago, zaXer. said:

The removal of plates should be as is, the system should also introduce VIN numbers so cars without plates can still be tracked back by the PD after opening their hood to look at the VIN.

THIS THIS THIS 100%

Before adding such a command to make cars completely untraceable, you will need to add a VIN number type system where police can track back the last previous REGISTERED OWNER. 

MOST cars actually have the VIN number visible from the outset set into the dash just under the windshield, so you wouldn't even need to open the hood. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic