Legal RP or Illegal RP

RoyalPainter

4 hours ago, Smilesville said:

I'd equate my preference to the pace - it's a much slower burn than illegal play. There's a lot about the latter that I find needlessly immersion breaking at best - and adversarial OOC at worst.

The number of life-or-death scenarios in illegal play does seem to cheapen them overall, in my opinion - but I also understand the logic behind a good number of people wanting to do something they wouldn't even consider IRL.

This.

I would do a lot more illegal RP if it wasn't so mainstream that robbers are basically robbing other robbers.

most of the time i do my own thing, only recently i have taken to joining a faction and it's still a legal one, i made a few attempts at joining illegal ones but one was segregated and the other my character was unfit for, so I can't really say from both aspects, but I'd say illegal is more worth it if you can take Ls, it's not always about winning or losing.

Edited by Sim

I've solely RPed on "illegal" but I wouldn't say all of illegal rp is well... Illegal, you still do some civilian activities, as I've rped on more organized carmine-ish and my character is like 60% legal and 40%, using it to blend in and well I see it more enjoyable to blend in both if it fits the character, now when I rped in the hood areas, it still had civilians that didn't do crime, and while rping a hood character, not everything we did was full on crime, it still had plenty of civilian aspects. It really depends on how you wanna make ur character

4 hours ago, Jax said:

I've solely RPed on "illegal" but I wouldn't say all of illegal rp is well... Illegal, you still do some civilian activities, as I've rped on more organized carmine-ish and my character is like 60% legal and 40%, using it to blend in and well I see it more enjoyable to blend in both if it fits the character, now when I rped in the hood areas, it still had civilians that didn't do crime, and while rping a hood character, not everything we did was full on crime, it still had plenty of civilian aspects. It really depends on how you wanna make ur character

I agree. I know people that are more into organized crime which is what seems to be attracting a lot of people.

I've been doing illegal RP ever since 2014-2015. Creating my own factions of all sorts, gangs, mafias, domestic terrorists, and many more. I've just found it to be more appealing, due to the connection you establish both icly and oocly with your members. Illegal rp is a wonderful world most of the times.  I do plan on opening a legal faction in the future with some illegal elements within it.

Edited by Santanaa