Suggestion to address /createdrink abuse within bars and clubs.

Briutas

Short description: There are businesses who abuse /createdrink in bars and clubs. Renaming moonshine to Whiskey, Rum, Champagne. It negatively impacts economy surrounding alcohol suppliers and voids of essential RP that comes into owning a bar/club and interacting with alcohol suppliers. How this abuse of the script works is explained in 'Additional Information'. I would include examples of specific bars and clubs doing it, but I don't want to make it about them and the abuse is so wide-spread that it requires simple and creative fix rather than blaming specific people for rule-breaking.

Detailed description  After /createdrink, put the base alcohol name in the item name in brackets as such Martini (Gin) x1. This will allow players who suspect abuse of the script to report powergaming and admins would be able to check more easily as well. Admins could give 

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server?: This would make it easier to spot script abuse and report it. Admins would be able to more easily check whether the script was used appropriately.

Additional information:

Bars and clubs get craft beer or moonshine (instead of buying it from suppliers), then they /createdrink Beer, Rum, Whiskey, Jack Daniels, Patriot (or w/e else). This of course is many times cheaper for them, but is extremely unrealistic and does not generate roleplay within the alcohol industry. Additionally it eliminates Liquor Stores and Breweries/Distilleries as third-party companies needed to sustain the business (which generates RP within the server and makes it more complex)

Edited by Briutas
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

I'm pretty sure administrators will receive a notification everytime when those drinks are made through a script, correct me if I'm wrong?

I have also seen a lot of places that use /createitem to make beer and other alcoholic beverages that actually show up as food and are made with components, to save money on the actual investment they are supposed to make with suppliers/liquor stores.

If you see people serve you a ''drink'' that is called beer, you could probably report the bartender to have an admin figure out wether or not they abused this script to increase their earnings. Other than that, fat +1, however, it does sound more like OOC script abuse.

no. nobody uses moonshine and says its champagne irl, this shouldnt be combatted ic. People who create food items and moonshine and rp it as champagne should be punished oocly. Having some "drink tester" is such ass rp I don't know how anyone would enjoy rping this, especially since u can just tell via ur tastebuds that it isnt champagne. 

admins just need to crack down on this, this is like me as a illegal rper having weed and renaming it cocaine, then selling it. Just because its legal rpers doesn't mean this should be handled icly, they need to get ajailed, it literally says when ur creating items that u can be banned for mis-use.

Edited by Pathway

@Briutas When the item is created, in the item name itself, does it show the base item used to make it? Could be an easy way to counteract this issue. If someone opens up their inventory to use the item and it says Champagne but the base reads (Beer), this becomes a simple issue of reporting the business or player who handed you the drink and let the Admins sort it out. This doesn't seem like an IC issue because its impossible to make champagne from moonshine and there are plenty of other examples. This should be OOC'ly reported and punished because its nothing other than money hungry business owners and players exploiting the system.

Edited by The OG Juicebox
  • Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, Pathway said:

no. nobody uses moonshine and says its champagne irl, this shouldnt be combatted ic. People who create food items and moonshine and rp it as champagne should be punished oocly. Having some "drink tester" is such ass rp I don't know how anyone would enjoy rping this, especially since u can just tell via ur tastebuds that it isnt champagne. 

admins just need to crack down on this, this is like me as a illegal rper having weed and renaming it cocaine, then selling it. Just because its legal rpers doesn't mean this should be handled icly, they need to get ajailed, it literally says when ur creating items that u can be banned for mis-use.

I agree. Admins should crack down, but realistically when problem is so wide-spread enforcing is not easy. I wish they could enforce it. I think my suggestion is good alternative that can also generate some other RP avenues.

11 minutes ago, The OG Juicebox said:

@Briutas When the item is created, in the item name itself, does it show the base item used to make it? Could be an easy way to counteract this issue. If someone opens up their inventory to use the item and it says Champagne but the base reads (Beer), this becomes a simple issue of reporting the business or player who handed you the drink and let the Admins sort it out. This doesn't seem like an IC issue because its impossible to make champagne from moonshine and there are plenty of other examples. This should be OOC'ly reported and punished because its nothing other than money hungry business owners exploiting the system.

Not sure about this, because If you RP actual alcohol manufacturer and try to make your own brand like I do with Mount Gordo business, then all products would also say craft beer and moonshine next to it which may cause problems with people reporting me although I have the IC production facilities etc.
And in general, why have admins deal with it when you could literally RP it as people pouring moonshine into the champagne and like go to court or whatever. I think solutions where players are given tools to police themselves in a creative way is better.

6 minutes ago, Briutas said:

And in general, why have admins deal with it when you could literally RP it as people pouring moonshine into the champagne and like go to court or whatever. I think solutions where players are given tools to police themselves in a creative way is better.

Because it's not an IC issue, to be frank with you. This is abuse of an OOC script that allows people to custom name drinks in their establishments. It should be punished via their main account, not just their character. Using a cheaper alcohol as a base is just plain OOC abuse, there's no other way around it. You wouldn't pour beer into someone's glass and add margarita mix and say here, this is a Margarita. It just makes no sense IC'ly. These people need to be Admin punished and have it on their record that they abuse the systems in place that were created for the immersion of other role players, not for their OOC need for script cash.

So, good ideas, but this shouldn't be added. If someone is naming "whiskey" to "vodka" or any other sort of liquor-fraud they should be reported in game and punished for being a shyster. This isn't an IC issue, it's an OOC one. I guarantee if you log-check any player marketing Moonshine as "Champagne" they'd get fucked on the spot by the handling administrator. Making an /alcoholcheck type script seems tedious and not needed in any way, shape, or form. It's alcohol, not something like heroin or cocaine that can be convoluted and poisoned. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic