Official Status

Sinister

7 hours ago, Sinister said:

I think a certain few people are throwing this a little off-topic. People seem to forget that the official status we all know and loved is a choice. Factions didn’t need to apply for official if they felt they didn’t need to or wanted to and they haven’t in the past. Please refer back to my original post if you haven’t already to fully grasp my understanding of it, I see a lot of people knit picking coloured name tags and so on when really that isn’t what this is about nor should people care that much about a coloured name tag.

I will say this again to make it a little more clearer for people. The supplier system in my opinion is flawed and I have seen suppliers on here actually agreeing with my statement, I have been supplier for a year roughly and from my personal experience I really don’t think this is the system we should be adopting as a community, simply because it’s easy to obtain if you’re good at story writing and it doesn’t necessarily reward high quality role play to showcase what this server has to offer.

There’s a few people here that are going back and forth in the comments about the word ‘elitism’ which scared some people in previous communities (which you shouldn’t be in the slightest) and for that I tell you this. Without competition, without a strive for excellence and to improve yourself as a player or as a faction, without rewarding factions for quality, longevity and consistency. What is the point? We’re all here to improve and having a system like this does improve every single one of those things. How many factions are simply bored because they have everything given to them within the first few months of it’s existence if not weeks? We need something to keep players engaging on the server and give them something to work towards if they so desire that.

Now let me address this too since a select few have their own sort of modifications to the official system. Yes, every system has it’s own flaws. Do I think some things could be modified here if the majority of the community felt it should? Sure, but to see a system that has been around for over a decade work for that period of time speaks volume in and of itself.

Over all if I had to weigh out the current system? Official status makes more sense, it has more positives than negatives and compared to the current system which is the most important piece out of it all. It gives players something to look forward to and work for every single day.

Once again going to refer to this comment here as people have seemed to be getting a little carried away once again. I highly advise people to go back to the original post, read it through thoroughly and base the conversations on it.

How can anyone deny what been said above, no one can. The way that factions are played out right now is not based on whether you can roleplay. It's about how good can you bullshit on your faction story to get your faction accepted or how cringy you can make it look. There is more than half of the factions on this server which makes me think "How in the fuck did they get accepted?". There's nothing to work towards, no official status to work towards where in the end you feel that you've been rewarded for quality RP and making a difference on the server.

But no, every faction is classed as scripted. Every faction has a either the drug or gun supplier job. Once you get those, which only takes a couple of months if that, you pretty much have reached the peak of what you can do in that faction. You can roleplay but you won't be roleplaying towards nothing, you aren't going to be developing your faction to official status but just being in a stalemate. Wondering what we can do next, what business can we open next and sit around to do fuck all. Everyone that's putting the cross up to what @Sinister has said above is going to realize how wrong they are until someone else comes along and capitalizes on the chance to create a functional system for all, at that point you will all be moaning and crying why didn't we do this in the past. Anyone with the right sense would push for it to be changed to what was mentioned before.

9 minutes ago, Bandolero said:

How can anyone deny what been said above, no one can. The way that factions are played out right now is not based on whether you can roleplay. It's about how good can you bullshit on your faction story to get your faction accepted or how cringy you can make it look. There is more than half of the factions on this server which makes me think "How in the fuck did they get accepted?". There's nothing to work towards, no official status to work towards where in the end you feel that you've been rewarded for quality RP and making a difference on the server.

But no, every faction is classed as scripted. Every faction has a either the drug or gun supplier job. Once you get those, which only takes a couple of months if that, you pretty much have reached the peak of what you can do in that faction. You can roleplay but you won't be roleplaying towards nothing, you aren't going to be developing your faction to official status but just being in a stalemate. Wondering what we can do next, what business can we open next and sit around to do fuck all. Everyone that's putting the cross up to what @Sinister has said above is going to realize how wrong they are until someone else comes along and capitalizes on the chance to create a functional system for all, at that point you will all be moaning and crying why didn't we do this in the past. Anyone with the right sense would push for it to be changed to what was mentioned before.

what about when ur official then? You wont have anything to work towards according to your logic right? So you'll be doing fuck all?

3 minutes ago, Pathway said:

what about when ur official then? You wont have anything to work towards according to your logic right? So you'll be doing fuck all?

Better than getting it as soon as I post for a faction thread. Again, defending a system that only benefits you right now. I'd rather work hard for 8 months then get given official and feel accomplished than get it from day 1. 🤡

Edited by Bandolero

Agreed. And to add on, I don't know why people keep saying "elitism". I've learned over the many years from high caliber rp'ers deemed "elitist" and they shaped the way I rp to this day. If you're ignorant enough to not want to progress then you'll see elitism as a form of rp "class". I simply see it as competition with rp'ers in your range. 

So all in all, make an official factions system. It will benefit everyone and if you disregard the minor flaws in any official faction system, you'll see the pro's weigh out the cons immensely.

1 hour ago, Pathway said:

Since the system is not implemented now, what are you currently working towards? This again seems to be an odd choice of being critical about something that can either already exist now, or remain too intangible to be of concern with implementation of the suggestion.

Either you currently have something to strive for now even without the system, in which case that same reason will exist even after implementation, or you have nothing to strive for already, in which it is a problem that exists regardless of whether we implement the idea or not.

Edited by DasFroggy
9 hours ago, Sinister said:

I think a certain few people are throwing this a little off-topic. People seem to forget that the official status we all know and loved is a choice. Factions didn’t need to apply for official if they felt they didn’t need to or wanted to and they haven’t in the past. Please refer back to my original post if you haven’t already to fully grasp my understanding of it, I see a lot of people knit picking coloured name tags and so on when really that isn’t what this is about nor should people care that much about a coloured name tag.

I will say this again to make it a little more clearer for people. The supplier system in my opinion is flawed and I have seen suppliers on here actually agreeing with my statement, I have been supplier for a year roughly and from my personal experience I really don’t think this is the system we should be adopting as a community, simply because it’s easy to obtain if you’re good at story writing and it doesn’t necessarily reward high quality role play to showcase what this server has to offer.

There’s a few people here that are going back and forth in the comments about the word ‘elitism’ which scared some people in previous communities (which you shouldn’t be in the slightest) and for that I tell you this. Without competition, without a strive for excellence and to improve yourself as a player or as a faction, without rewarding factions for quality, longevity and consistency. What is the point? We’re all here to improve and having a system like this does improve every single one of those things. How many factions are simply bored because they have everything given to them within the first few months of it’s existence if not weeks? We need something to keep players engaging on the server and give them something to work towards if they so desire that.

Now let me address this too since a select few have their own sort of modifications to the official system. Yes, every system has it’s own flaws. Do I think some things could be modified here if the majority of the community felt it should? Sure, but to see a system that has been around for over a decade work for that period of time speaks volume in and of itself.

Over all if I had to weigh out the current system? Official status makes more sense, it has more positives than negatives and compared to the current system which is the most important piece out of it all. It gives players something to look forward to and work for every single day.

• Upvote 1
On 11/26/2020 at 1:01 AM, Sinister said:

The idea of having a official status is not a original idea on it's own but rather one that has been around this community for over a decade long. Many of you are familiar with the process of legal and illegal factions obtaining the 'official status' and what exactly that means.

For new players who haven't heard of this system, it's the state in which a faction progresses on the server into it's highest form. Something that marks the pinnacle moment in a faction's life, those who have shown quality roleplay, dedication and have strived to set a standard for other factions to follow in their foot steps have in return been rewarded with being a 'official' faction of the server. What follows is your faction being marked at the top of the page along with others, in-game benefits such as drug and weapon supplies at a frequent rate for official illegal factions as well as a few other bells and whistles such as custom colors on forum names. 

Official status in my opinion is something that this server not only needs but can highly benefit from, not only does it create competition on the server but it sets the bar higher and higher for every faction that has the ambition to reach this goal. It creates a transparent community with the faction management team in which you're communicating with on a regular basis, allowing you to express your questions or concerns that you may have as a faction of the server and in return keeps people engaged in the community. The thought of official status gives leaders and members something to work for, something to look forward to achieving, it gives new factions something to be inspired by and to give meaning to their hard work.

In my personal opinion the current system regarding illegal roleplay is flawed in several ways and I know I'm not sharing this opinion alone. As a person who's been granted the privilege of being a drug supplier, I have seen some changes that are in the right direction but I feel it's not enough. Writing a story for a supplier application should not be the only requirement to receive a large sum of weapons and narcotics, but for now that's the only thing that's in place. People need something to look forward to that motivates them every time they log in, something to keep things fresh. Those who should be rewarded are the factions who have put in not only the effort but the quality and roleplay standard that this server wants to portray as a whole. I'm looking forward to see some community feedback about this to see how many people support this system.

Who gets to decide how the roleplay quality of a faction is judged? At the end of the day, it's about having fun and not adding more useless 'requirements' for a faction to become official. Being a weapon or drug supplier shouldn't be treated as having the holy grail either and these positions shouldn't be too challenging to obtain. The system is completely fine as it is, we don't want another nightmarish scenario of having 2-4 factions controlling the drug and gun market just like on LSRP, no thanks.

2 minutes ago, LoneRider said:

Who gets to decide how the roleplay quality of a faction is judged?

The same people that judge if a faction can exist in general? This is returning again to the argument of "We can't trust the staff" which is  a problem that is either current and unrelated or non-existent anyway.

Edited by DasFroggy
Just now, DasFroggy said:

The same people that judge if a faction can exist in general? This is heading again on the argument of "We can't trust the staff" which is either a problem right now and unrelated to the practicality of official faction designation.

The 'same people' came up with the current system, which I think is sufficient.

• Bospy locked this topic