Ability to delete 3 characters a month.

Loko

8 minutes ago, Blacksun77 said:

Because it could be abused. I’m not pointing to anyone specifically, but you could jump ship as soon as your character gets into an unpleasant situation, which leads to superficial character development.

”My character got arrested? Oops, just gonna delete him real fast.”

Yeah? That player just spent time to create the character, dress him, get shit done. If he deletes it? He misses the chance and IC contact & development progress by deleting it, it is their own loss. 

this is a problem, everyone claiming it's about "stopping abuse", bro it's literally only about making us by WP.

I have 3 people waiting to join a faction I'm in because they have to wait to delete a character. 

EXAMPLE: I have 1 prison character, and 2 characters I actively rp on. One of my characters gets CKed outside of my control, I now can't make a new character to join a faction I want to join unless I wait until mid november, or pay money. (Not a hypothetical situation this is something actually happening)

If you find that situation fair, you are either 1. Delusional, 2. Have tester/admin in your forum profile. Or 3. Have donator in your forum profile.

1 minute ago, Daquan Kingston said:

Yeah? That player just spent time to create the character, dress him, get shit done. If he deletes it? He misses the chance and IC contact & development progress by deleting it, it is their own loss. 

It still leads to people joining factions, "getting shit done" and getting locked up for severe crimes, and then repeat it all over again because they don't care about their character. It generates poor roleplay.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

Just buy an extra character slot, roleplay in prison, or don't get all your characters arrested/involved in crime at once.

It's not that hard. This change was made for a good reason. 

Some people just get bored of characters and want to create a different concept, it's not only criminal rpers this is happening to. This change was made for WP sales.

1 minute ago, Pathway said:

EXAMPLE: I have 1 prison character, and 2 characters I actively rp on. One of my characters gets CKed outside of my control, I now can't make a new character to join a faction I want to join unless I wait until mid november, or pay money. (Not a hypothetical situation this is something actually happening)

An enforced CK should definitely warrant a free delete IMO, I agree with that part. But a self CK, or getting locked up long periods of time, no thanks.

Just now, KarMagick said:

It still leads to people joining factions, "getting shit done" and getting locked up for severe crimes, and then repeat it all over again because they don't care about their character. It generates poor roleplay.

Then report if you see that happening, we literally have a cmd to revive ourselves that we've been trusted with, but deleting your character is too far since you might abuse it? 

If that is the case, why can't we ask admins to delete chars for us under specific situations? Why is it only world point purchases that let us delete characters. If it was to prevent abuse, surely there'd be other ways to delete your char other than just paying for it?

Also lemme clarify three characters a month deletion is way too much I don't agree with that either, I just don't think it should be 1 per month unless you pay 30 wp. 

+ You can't even give existing WP to people, you have to buy them new WP so another purchase is made. If you still think this is to prevent abuse you're literally wilding out.