Remove timer cooldowns for advertisements in Gold + Platinum Packages

Rayne

Short description:

• Raise the personal timer for every player with a donation package (Bronze, Gold, Platinum) to 15 minutes. Gold & Platinum still retain the ability to post a business ad and use /blip, but the cool downs should be longer. A global cool down of 5 minutes should also be more than sufficient.

Detailed description:

• For Gold & Platinum packages, remove the additional personal timer cool down on advertisements. Keep them at 15 minutes (made available at Bronze) instead of 5 and 3 minutes respectively. Without donating advertisement cool downs are still on 20 minutes, so there is still an incentive to donate.
  • Raise the global cool down to 5 minutes.
  • There is plenty else on the packages to justify donating, this would just be a small change to reduce the amount of spam that we see on a daily basis.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? This is not a total end-all-be-all solution, but this will at least help curb the amount of ad spam with businesses posting every 3-5 minutes. I understand that it's already against the rules to spam and advised to report, but sometimes the reports are never answered during peak times and even trashed. I've gotten reports trashed with a "report it if you see it again" for reporting people for spamming the same ad every 3 minutes. When blips are placed through /bad, they are on the map for 30 minutes. It's reasonable to say that a timer of 15 minutes should be more than sufficient to remind people that your business is open. Company ads are only supposed to be used to advertise when a business is going to open, promotions, hiring, etc. There's also no reason this needs to be less than a 15 minute cool down. The packages should be reworked so that advertisement cool downs do not go down the higher package you have. There is plenty offered between /bad and /blip for gold and platinum, among other things. The person and global ad timers should be 15 minutes and 5 minutes, respectively. Until a completely reworked solution comes out for advertising, I believe this will at least help.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Rayne
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm sorry but I don't really see how this will benefit anyone. Businesses with multiple employees will still spam advertisements. In fact they could easily rotate between 4-5 ads so that everyone posts one every 3 minutes (some will probably even use binds to spam the command 1-2 seconds before the cooldown runs out).

This will simply hurt small businesses with 1-2 employees and non-donators.

• mj2002 locked this topic