Roleplay at Clothing stores

Angela

Short description: Make Clothing stores work as 24/7 where you need someone working there to actually buy the clothes.

Detailed description: A clothing store would be work as a 24/7 needing to have someone roleplaying as the clerk to be able to purchase clothes. A costumer would roleplay browsing through the clothes as they pass through the items and roleplay paying for it to the clerk. They may also roleplay offering assistance, like suggesting what outfits look better. This would allow people to roleplay going shopping with friends without having to NPC a clerk.

Commands to add: None

Items to add:  N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It wouldn't hurt the server at all, and would give more work roleplay oportunities and also some roleplay for those shopping for clothes. And when you have no current RP and you see a clothing store open, you can go there and RP, asking the clerk if the outfit looks good or bad, asking for suggestions, etc.

Additional information: N/A

Edited by Angela
8 minutes ago, BINGBONGGHOST said:

As long as I don't have to travel from one side of the state to the other to buy a hat, sure!

This. I've been roleplaying a gym in Paleto and when people needs to get changed to a more sport-looking outfit, having to literally drive 10 mins, to get to the city and back, that wouldn't be helpful.

It would definetly be good to open up clothing stores to more roleplay, but not to the extent of having to have someone on shift to buy clothing. I specifically remember someone running a store, I think it was Manor Dem? But they sold like specific fashion but it was still a clothing store with plenty of roleplay.

1 hour ago, Jaskman220 said:

This. I've been roleplaying a gym in Paleto and when people needs to get changed to a more sport-looking outfit, having to literally drive 10 mins, to get to the city and back, that wouldn't be helpful.

Whatever stores you are going to are bugged then.

There is supposed to be a range for open stores. This prevents people from Paleto having to drive to Davis gas station whenever it's open. May be a good idea to make a bug report.

I feel that this would be awkward in practice, I'm sure that I'm not the only one that's spent more than fifteen minutes just painstakingly going through different clothing items to find a set of clothes that match what I'm looking for and I'd feel horrible if a person who wants to roleplay being a cashier at a clothes shop would have to watch it in its entirety. Going clothes shopping with friends can already fill the void of having someone to ask if a particular outfit looks good on you or not, I don't feel that having a cashier stand there waiting for their chance to scan the clothes is going to be particularly fun for them.

There are actual stores on the grid that sell clothing (Goods) and these make sense, of course.

But often, I go to a clothing store to put together outfits from items my character already has, just in different combinations, because that's the only way to actually do it. She wouldn't actually be buying anything new IC, the system just demands I do it in a store. I could roleplay it out, but it would be a non-IC waste of time, especially since I may often just rush into a store for a small tweak, say I notice my torso is wrong and clipping or want to change my hat, etc. The number of outfit slots is limited, after all.

Edited by hillievonb

Might be good in theory, however, not practical at all. If you want you can already do it but not everyone does, as already mentioned. People might RP already having said clothes or they might be just dropping by to tweak a few minor things on their outfit. No from me.

Edited by Brian
  • mj2002 locked this topic