Calling a taxi using taxi hotline just to rob them

10 hours ago, tomatoz said:

I fully support this. Even though calling a taxi just to rob the driver is poor character portrayal and overall poor roleplay, this would help people understand that if this was implemented.

How is it poor character portrayal or overall poor roleplay? I fail to understand.

Hypothetically, a character involved in robbing people and property would be stupid to not take the opportunity to rob someone who:

1) Comes to them, wherever they are, even in the middle of an empty desert at night

2) Can't defend themselves because, usually, they don't have a weapon nor do they expect to get robbed

3) Has cash on them since most people pay cash, not credit card

4) Doesn't know who they are, since they can just give a fake name or use a burner (or a stolen phone)

5) Nobody knows where they are - if a taxi driver responds to a call, none of their friends or family would actually expect them to be anywhere but at work, so no one would question if their client's pickup took more than expected

And the list goes on.

The way to go about this is ICly, as most issues should. As a few ideas:

1) Get a weapon - either a knife, baseball bat or even a PF / CCW.

2) Install a separator between the car's front and rear seats

3) Establish a radio frequency for taxi drivers (just like truck drivers have) to signal danger or call for help, as well as other less drastic issues

4) Work for a company - they usually have GPS or at least a dispatcher (or roleplayed one). Report in when pulling up, report when taking the passanger. If the report isn't submitted within 30 seconds, something's wrong, have a colleague go check it out (or a special unit).

There's endless ways to go about it. The least realistic and least exciting one is to just create a rule. It makes no sense.

Things like these happen in real life. If the roleplay is fair, then it's not unrealistic. If it's unrealistic, punish it but go on a case by case scenario. Robbing a bank implies much more risk but, if executed properly, is fair. That's like a thief saying 'Oh look, an innocent victim who I can rob with no repercussions. Nah, too easy'. Again, this happens in real life. It's not often because there's measures in place to prevent it from happening (or at least not be a common occurence).

On 11/24/2020 at 12:13 PM, DLimit said:

+1

The average criminal wouldn't risk sharing their full name and number to a victim during a robbery, whatsoever. It's a player quality report and powergaming due to non-Fear R.P.

The other day I put an ad to sell my vehicle, a person called me with his number, I went to his location and he was with his personal car, without a mask, and tried to rob me with another person.

Another, a month ago I sold my house, several people called me and some of them came to my house (I don't live in a conflictive area) and pointed a gun at me in the middle of the street without masks, they entered my house, they touched everything with their hands without gloves and one of them wanted to kill me inside it, using their personal vehicle, personal number and witnesses.

I told him that if he killed me he would spend time in jail, that they had seen his face and that there would be an investigation. His answer? "I don't care about jail", people aren't afraid of anything, they kill people as if they were flies, they don't mind going to jail because due to the server's limitation there are no crime investigations and therefore the criminal never enters jail, they don't care to kill, as If their characters didn't have brains, they would never have heard of the trauma after killing a person.

It's a fucking joke, these two cases sound as retarded as going to rob a bank without a mask and using your personal car to flee, and yes, this can be added to taxis, people calling them with their personal phone number, personal car, without masks, without gloves, and killing people as if they were flies.

15 hours ago, Tempesto said:

Taxi dispatchers don't have access to LSPD's MDC though? You don't provide any ID when you call. 

They don't need to. Using the phone app idea I mentioned earlier, all that information can be verified by simply asking for a one-time easy registration on the app with a registered ID, debit card, and phone number.

Having all three of those available is easy for the original owners, and not so easy for people who are not.

4 hours ago, Tempesto said:

How is it poor character portrayal or overall poor roleplay? I fail to understand.

Hypothetically, a character involved in robbing people and property would be stupid to not take the opportunity to rob someone who:

1) Comes to them, wherever they are, even in the middle of an empty desert at night

2) Can't defend themselves because, usually, they don't have a weapon nor do they expect to get robbed

3) Has cash on them since most people pay cash, not credit card

4) Doesn't know who they are, since they can just give a fake name or use a burner (or a stolen phone)

5) Nobody knows where they are - if a taxi driver responds to a call, none of their friends or family would actually expect them to be anywhere but at work, so no one would question if their client's pickup took more than expected

And the list goes on.

The way to go about this is ICly, as most issues should. As a few ideas:

1) Get a weapon - either a knife, baseball bat or even a PF / CCW.

2) Install a separator between the car's front and rear seats

3) Establish a radio frequency for taxi drivers (just like truck drivers have) to signal danger or call for help, as well as other less drastic issues

4) Work for a company - they usually have GPS or at least a dispatcher (or roleplayed one). Report in when pulling up, report when taking the passanger. If the report isn't submitted within 30 seconds, something's wrong, have a colleague go check it out (or a special unit).

There's endless ways to go about it. The least realistic and least exciting one is to just create a rule. It makes no sense.

Things like these happen in real life. If the roleplay is fair, then it's not unrealistic. If it's unrealistic, punish it but go on a case by case scenario. Robbing a bank implies much more risk but, if executed properly, is fair. That's like a thief saying 'Oh look, an innocent victim who I can rob with no repercussions. Nah, too easy'. Again, this happens in real life. It's not often because there's measures in place to prevent it from happening (or at least not be a common occurence).

Do you believe that it makes sense to call a taxi driver just to rob them? Think about it. If you were a criminal in real life and we’re planning to rob someone, would you call a taxi and then rob that driver? Something seems off here. Let’s use another example. Would you call the medics just to rob them? No, you wouldn’t. Also, we don’t roleplay on what happens sometimes in real life, we roleplay on what happens the majority of the times in real life.

Edited by tomatoz
2 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

Do you believe that it makes sense to call a taxi driver just to rob them? Think about it. If you were a criminal in real life and we’re planning to rob someone, would you call a taxi and then rob that driver? Something seems off here. Let’s use another example. Would you call the medics just to rob them? No, you wouldn’t. Also, we don’t roleplay on what happens sometimes in real life, we roleplay on what happens the majority of the times in real life.

Then we shouldn't roleplay robberies at all, because the majority of times, people aren't getting robber. Or extortion because you know, most businesses don't get extorted. Thing is, there's some niche roleplay and this is one type.

Would I rob taxi drivers in real life if I were a criminal? If the system was the same as the one GTAW uses, of course I would. Wouldn't you. It's literally a person asking to be robbed. Cash on them, in the middle of nowhere, nobody knows they're there, doesn't know you and can't track you. If you're smart about it - aka not dumb about it (you don't tell them your real name, you don't use your personal phone), there's no way in hell you can be caught.

If we're talking about the IC aspects of it then yes, it definitely has to be changed. Not through an OOC regulation, however. If a park is deemed unsafe, what do you do? Increase police presence, work on the park such that criminals stop hanging out there or just slap an OOC safe-zone to stop the crime? This is not an important thing and it can be fixed through IC means so we should do that.

If you're character is stupid enough to drive in the middle of the desert with $5,000 on them, no weapon and nobody knowing they're there in the middle of the night then no, it's not the robber's fault. This is not people doing stunts (which requires OOC clarification), it's people being stupid about their characters and/or the IC government and companies doing nothing to protect them. If the RP is unrealistic or lacking in any way, it should be treated as such on a case by case basis. That's my POV.

On 12/9/2020 at 7:37 PM, tomatoz said:

Actually this does happen in the hood, a lot. Taxis get called and upon arriving, they get robbed for their money. I can understand if this was banned simply to encourage roleplay around the taxi system, to not put people off being taxi drivers, to sustain the taxi system in-game. However the facts are, it's going to have to be for OOC reasons.

Nothing is more annoying than when people state, "omg this so doesn't happen IRL" when actually, that person just probably hasn't come from a poverty stricken area, they haven't actually grew up or spent significant time in the hood. Stupid shit goes down in the hood, every single day. I knew a girl that literally just robbed taxi after taxi. That's all she did to make an income. To define rob, I'm talking, get in the taxi, put a knife to their throat and take all the money they had on them by force. Yes, she went to prison for it eventually. When she came out, she went straight back to doing it. Spending all the money on cocaine, social services took her kids over it. That's just how it is.

I'm completely for banning the robbery of taxi drivers just because I feel taxi roleplay is somewhat dying out. But lets not say, "it's unrealistic" when in reality, yes it doesn't happen in wealthy, white, sub-urban neighbourhoods. Nor are their criminal organisations dedicated to the sticking up of taxis but on a basic level, every single day, dumb kids in hoods around the world will call taxis and jack them upon arrival. Shit, I've saw guys even call up pizza delivery then beat up the delivery guy for the pizzas and whatever cash he had on him. Their is no limit to the fuckery that happens in the hood, lmfao. Poverty breeds people that in many cases, just don't care.

Edited by orangejuice
2 hours ago, orangejuice said:

Actually this does happen in the hood, a lot. Taxis get called and upon arriving, they get robbed for their money. I can understand if this was banned simply to encourage roleplay around the taxi system, to not put people off being taxi drivers, to sustain the taxi system in-game. However the facts are, it's going to have to be for OOC reasons.

Nothing is more annoying than when people state, "omg this so doesn't happen IRL" when actually, that person just probably hasn't come from a poverty stricken area, they haven't actually grew up or spent significant time in the hood. Stupid shit goes down in the hood, every single day. I knew a girl that literally just robbed taxi after taxi. That's all she did to make an income. To define rob, I'm talking, get in the taxi, put a knife to their throat and take all the money they had on them by force. Yes, she went to prison for it eventually. When she came out, she went straight back to doing it. Spending all the money on cocaine, social services took her kids over it. That's just how it is.

I'm completely for banning the robbery of taxi drivers just because I feel taxi roleplay is somewhat dying out. But lets not say, "it's unrealistic" when in reality, yes it doesn't happen in wealthy, white, sub-urban neighbourhoods. Nor are their criminal organisations dedicated to the sticking up of taxis but on a basic level, every single day, dumb kids in hoods around the world will call taxis and jack them upon arrival. Shit, I've saw guys even call up pizza delivery then beat up the delivery guy for the pizzas and whatever cash he had on him. Their is no limit to the fuckery that happens in the hood, lmfao. Poverty breeds people that in many cases, just don't care.

But does this happen the majority of the time in real life? No, it doesn’t. Like I said, we don’t roleplay on what 1% on the world does, we roleplay what the majority does.

7 minutes ago, tomatoz said:

But does this happen the majority of the time in real life? No, it doesn’t. Like I said, we don’t roleplay on what 1% on the world does, we roleplay what the majority does.

Then why do you let people roleplay drug dealers? The majority of the worlds population are not drug dealers. Why are we allowed to sell guns? The majority of the world are not arms dealers. Why do you let people steal cars? The majority of the world don’t steal cars. Why are we not all legal characters that work a 9-5 like the majority of the world does? Your logic is highly flawed. 

As I said, I’m completely for banning calling a taxi to rob it just to encourage taxi roleplay as it’s not that popular but don’t try say it’s unrealistic or doesn’t happen IRL when it’s just as common IRL as every other crime we’re allowed to commit?