Calling a taxi using taxi hotline just to rob them

On 11/24/2020 at 6:25 AM, MAGAman said:

I RP a taxi driver and I've been doing so for about two months. This has never happened to me,but it sounds very reasonable. Nobody in their right mind would call up a taxi to rob them irl.

Of course you would and, if executed properly, can be an extremely rewarding 'gig' for a criminal enterprise. Taxi drivers obviously have cash on them, they come literally wherever you want them to and most of the time, no one knows they're there. If a criminal would miss such an opportunity in order to go in Vinewood and rob someone there, I would call that unrealistic behavior. As long as you're smart about it, I'd say these robberies are some of the easiest and most profitable (i.e. use a burner, be masked - or close to, choose the location etc.).

This is an IC issue. It shouldn't be regulated just because you don't like it. Why do lots of taxi drivers carry weapons in real life? This is one reason. It's just like the situation with extortion - no one likes it, but that doesn't mean it should be against the rules just because it discourages people from starting a business. 

I do believe it should fall under the same common courtesy rule as any other means where you call an invididual or company, provide all your details with little to no attempts to conceal your identity and then proceed to rob them as it is highly unrealistic.

10 hours ago, orca112 said:

I do believe it should fall under the same common courtesy rule as any other means where you call an invididual or company, provide all your details with little to no attempts to conceal your identity and then proceed to rob them as it is highly unrealistic.

So if you use a fake name (Mask, to hide identity) and a burner, how does that argument still stand?

On 12/2/2020 at 11:22 PM, Tempesto said:

So if you use a fake name (Mask, to hide identity) and a burner, how does that argument still stand?

"We're sorry sir, your provided ID didn't come up in the registry. We can't send a taxi to your location until you provide proper state-issued identification registered to the number you're calling from."

10 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

"We're sorry sir, your provided ID didn't come up in the registry. We can't send a taxi to your location until you provide proper state-issued identification registered to the number you're calling from."

If companies started doing that it’d be a pretty creative adaption to current crime patterns. Seems like it’ll hurt business though, I’d definitely never take a cab again and I rarely use them as it is already. 

50 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

If companies started doing that it’d be a pretty creative adaption to current crime patterns. Seems like it’ll hurt business though, I’d definitely never take a cab again and I rarely use them as it is already. 

Could just say it's a one-time application via a twxi-company phone app - to guarantee the best possible experience for the customer by having some record of who they are (to prevent fraud) and what they prefer (such as no conversation, or scenic routes). If a fake ID or a burner phone is used, the app doesn't accept it and they can't do business with the taxi company.

It's filter out only the bad or stupid eggs, and be a positive gain for everyone else. Plus it would be as easy as "is the ID valid?". Yes or no, and go from there.

Edited by DasFroggy
  • Upvote 1

There is IC move from the government to install protective glasses in ALL taxies, thus ‚‚enforcing'' that rule kinda from IC standpoint to avoid people just getting in taxi and putting a knife to your throat, however I feel like even if it is passed it is something that would have to be done in cohesion with admin team.

4 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Taxi dispatchers don't have access to LSPD's MDC though? You don't provide any ID when you call.