Vehicle interiors [Marquis, Journey] - Inventory and furniture

Short description: We need pinventory and the ability to add furniture to the inside of these.

Detailed description: Every command you can do with a property, you should be able to do within the interior of these vehicles.

Commands to add: The ones that apply to other properties.

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? Functionality.

Additional information:

Edited by CuttingRoomFloor

What do you mean @Marksman?

I want them to have the same functionality as normal interiors.

E.G. property inventory, change weather, whatever. Rather than the interior being tied to the outside of the boat like a vehicle, I believe it should be tied to the insside as this is essentially a floating domicile.

Also by furniture I mean like... you know, small stuff. Not interior decoration. But like a painting on the wall, a record player, a guitar, a sponge next to the sink etc!

I can't see any barriers to this script-wise. I can /dropitem inside and it'll be persistent. The interior is persistent it seems. It just lacks the functionality afforded by proper properties in terms of commands.

The point Marksman is trying to make here is that you wouldn't remodel or refurnish a boat as you would a bedroom. There is no drywall to knock down, and oftentimes the furniture is literally built into the boat's structure. They are built to specifications and more than likely mass-produced, so inherently customization will be minimal. 

In this particular case, relating to our server, it's best not to open that door at all and just sell them as-is. 

I'm not talking about custom interiors. I'm talking about customisable interiors. Props.

Surely I should be able to add a prop? There's toooons of little things I'd love to add to flesh it out, examples of which I have put above.

Just because it's a vehicle doesn't exclude it from being a domicile. The two are not mutually exclusive.

See RVs for example - some people live in them exclusively. Should they not be able to put dirty clothes on the floor or whatever for immersion?

"so inherently customization will be minimal" @Doosty

That's exactly what I want. Minimal customisation. Those little props to make it more personalised.

There's no real argument against this unless there're technical limitations I'm unaware of.

I worded that poorly. I meant in the real world they'd have minimal customization. With how our script works, there's no way to allow you to move some items and not others. If you can /furniture in the interior, you have complete freedom to customize it how you wish. To maintain uniformity and value of the vehicle, customization will likely never be enabled. 

To clarify for @jesscatXD, the only thing different about vehicles with interiors is they have a dynamic entry/exit point. Like you stated, the interiors for these boats/vehicles are constantly spawned under the map, and when you enter, you're teleported to the interior in your own dimension. The only way to modify these would be to modify the dimension 0 furniture- which would change it for everybody. 

Edited by Doosty
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...