Hide the reticle on all firearms.

lux

Short description: Hiding the reticle you have when aiming a weapon.

Detailed description: 

Commands to add: None!

Items to add: Nada!

How would your suggestion improve the server?  

I think this would really help with a few different aspects that can be looked at:

• It makes learning to actually use a firearm pretty important. You no longer rely on a little white marker to tell where you're aiming - instead you have to spend some time at the gun ranges training to be a crack-shot. Rather than everyone being a marksman, it could bring more realism in firefights.
  • It will stop the 180 degree spinners, that aim at a target and then spin around for that auto-headshot. 
  • It'll make people think twice before engaging in a fire-fight. If they know that they don't have a reticle to help them aim, they could be less likely to resort to their gun.
  • It lets skilled players shine. If you spend your time practising your aim, then LSPD Officer #232 who is regularly practicing is more than likely going to beat Gangbanger #155 in a shootout.
  • Intensity. It can make gun fights way more intense if you're aim needs adjusting which could help bring realism. Imagine a mass-shootout where the bullets are flying and you're not just bouncing your reticle over multiple people and spraying. You'll need to be precise.
  • It will help with the taser issue. People always say PD resort to taser too much - again, this will give the criminals more chance to flee on foot as an unskilled PD player could miss their taser shots.
  • Engaging in a long range pistol battle now becomes a matter of skill rather than placing a reticle on someone. Shots are going to miss (meaning more cases to investigate) and its way more realistic. Is it worth engaging someone if you're at a long distance with an SNS pistol and you hardly use it?

Additional information:

Already found this, could just be a simple transition:

https://rage.mp/files/file/253-no-reticle-for-all-weapons/

Edited by ashlyii
  • Upvote 4
4 minutes ago, Fergie said:

I vote no. It’s a game, made for fun. And not everyone has the OOC skill to be able to shoot like a Pr0. So you’re telling me if I’m not a good shooter OOC, I can’t RP a character that is a good shooter? No. 

Then go and practice? Like you should for other things? Want to be a race car driver ICly but can't drive very good - you practice til you understand the driving mechanics better.

It is a game, this doesn't stop people having fun - if anything it could make shootouts more engaging and fun. But it's also a heavy RP server and you only have to look at the reports section to see people happily pulling out firearms and 180 headshotting people because the reticle does all of the work for them. 

Why should 15 year old gangbanger have a higher chance than beating a seasoned, trained cop in a fair shootout by relying on a little reticle to do the hard work. Shootouts /shouldn't/ be fair. A cop that trains a few times a week should realistically have a better chance of winning than a kid who stole his mom's pistol. 

Edited by ashlyii
3 minutes ago, Marksman said:

This was already suggested. I don't remember the outcome, or know if it had an outcome, but this already has a suggestion.

And FiveM is entirely, completely different to RageMP.  There is no simple transition, they handle everything differently.

What this gentleman said. **

I wanted to write answers to your all highlighted points..

Why I have to do that if I can explain in something way shorter and easier to understand?

Custom Crosshairs

Just now, Zayyy said:

What this gentleman said. **

I wanted to write answers to your all highlighted points..

Why I have to do that if I can explain in something way shorter and easier to understand?

Custom Crosshairs

The link I sent was a Rage script, not a FiveM script. Tested and it works.

This isn't about having crosshairs, it's about removing them entirely so people no longer rely on a reticle to do the work for them. 

4 minutes ago, ashlyii said:

But it's also a heavy RP server

This make no difference. So it's a heavy RP server? Let's remove guns and use the coin command to determine if shots hit. I'm sorry, but using OOC skill as a basis for how people should be able to RP their character is trash. If we go with this suggestion, we may as well make sure people who RP drug dealers know how to sell drugs OOCly. Hell, let's make sure mechanics can actually work on cars OOCly, rather than just RPly knowing how to do it. Oh, I know - every cop on the server should have formal IRL experience of being a cop.

Sorry, but no. This suggestion just doesn't make sense.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic