Revamping the nametags

Nervous

I'm against this, it's messy annoying confusing.

It will be hard to work out who is who for passing objects and such doing /gi Ra for Rafi is easier and such. 

It will be hard to figure out who is talking in a mass of people.

I am so so so against this I can't even stress. 

Is metagaming that big of a deal? I don't think so. 

Edited by Late
Just now, Sam2 said:

I don't think it's necessarily a bad idea, but you're gonna have to add more ways to identify people on the LEO side.  Like scripted fingerprinting/DNA tests.

Also auto-appending people's mugshots to their MDC Record when they get a driver's license (Some way of taking the mugshot from the escape menu and putting it on the MDC, maybe?)

Or you actually write down the appearance and use IC photos of the person, so your character squeezes his eyes for once before magically recognizing every suspect?

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

This would just look like Clockwork RP on GMod and from a staff side of things would be a mess of constant logging and a spike in reports because good luck figuring out who's said what without knowing who that is. Boss man, I gotta disagree with you.

They will have permanent IDs still and on staff side you see the full names + logs keep full name, should not be an issue. You report a specific player ID.

Just now, Wirbelwind said:

This would just look like Clockwork RP on GMod and from a staff side of things would be a mess of constant logging and a spike in reports because good luck figuring out who's said what without knowing who that is. Boss man, I gotta disagree with you.

This. Plus recognizing friends would be a pain, especially since the faces are prone to fucking up and not loading in properly.

Just now, Nervous said:

The goal is that you give them your name and they alias it, but yes we can also make a command that shares your nametag to someone else permanently.

This sounds really cool but there should be OOC players list without any IDs visible to players. So, if they want to PM their friends? It should be /pm John Doe hello? or /pm Doe Hey what's up 

Just now, Daquan Kingston said:

Or you actually write down the appearance and use IC photos of the person, so your character squeezes his eyes for once before magically recognizing every suspect?

Or you actually submit a photo to the DMV when your license is being made? Just like in real life, you know? Your fingerprints are also readily available there, wahoo!