Automatic Rent with New Rent System

Rev

Short description: Allow the new rent system to have automatic payments, after meeting ic.

Detailed description: Allowing the old automatic rent payment system to integrate with the new rental system. Changing the /givepropertykey command to also include the old hourly rental cost. OF course, this would be after meeting IC since you have to meet IC to do the command. One compromise, everyone's happy.

Commands to add: Expand /givepropertykey (ID) to /givepropertykey (ID) (Hourly Fee)

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? The rental/property overhaul was a step in the right direction. However, we live in 2020 and most rent/mortgage is taken automatically from your bank every month. Allow us to blend both systems. This allows for a tenant to be only charged for the hours they play, while removing the burden of remembering to pay.

Additional information: N/A

35 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

No, the point of removing the automatic payments were to give more rp between the tenant and the owner. 

There is also no RP if your tenant pays you by bank transfer, less if you are offline.

This system was to remove those rents open all over the map and encourage making contracts between landlords and tenants, in real life I don't need to have any conversation with my landlord except if I have problems.

Edited by Jennie
12 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

No, the point of removing the automatic payments were to give more rp between the tenant and the owner. 

You should still give an option of hourly rent or banktransfers, should be up to the landlord to decide.  Landlords have previously had the chance to use banktransfers as well, but nobody did it. Why? Because the old system was good except for the public renting which gave renting a bad imagine when properties got flooded by 10 tenants.

Edited by Timzii
51 minutes ago, Jennie said:

There is also no RP if your tenant pays you by bank transfer, less if you are offline.

This system was to remove those rents open all over the map and encourage making contracts between landlords and tenants, in real life I don't need to have any conversation with my landlord except if I have problems.

Then I don’t see why this has to revert back to being able to pay each other? Just bank transfer then. 

6 minutes ago, Tennplugg said:

Then I don’t see why this has to revert back to being able to pay each other? Just bank transfer then. 

Because the paycheck system is fairer for the tenant, the landlord doesn't have to be telling the tenant to pay as if he were chasing a defaulter, and because in 2020 automated payments exist.

And if what we wanted is to make leases/rents to have RP, removing the payment through paychecks is at least nonsense, because I've been offering contracts to my tenants since I joined the server.

Edited by Jennie

Renting in the US involves paying upfront with either a deposit, first and last month's rent, or both. I don't see why this is a concern as it's simple to do with the tools provided with this update.  Outside of capitalizing on a player's in game activity, is there any benefit to renting hourly vs weekly? 

Edited by Line

No no no no nooooo. Keep it the way it is, with a contractual payment per week or month, however the tenant and land lord decide. 

Having it per hour only farms on their activity.  The update just came out and people already are making suggestions to go back. Tsk tsk 

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic