Having radios accessible to everyone ig

NBA

Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of the job they're in?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Should radios be accessible to everyone or people who would realistically carry them because of their job?

• Accessible to everyone
    • Only to people who would realistically carry them such as EMT, LSPD, LSFD, Security Guards, etc.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 07/10/2020 at 05:00 AM

Just now, Kaxo said:

I didn't say it's impossible, though a club goer using one one the dance floor, in close proximity to the speaker system would certainly create so much noise pollution it would be hard to EFFECTIVELY use one. 

I certainly agree, but to tell an established they cannot have one because of that is too much micromanaging in my opinion.

Just now, Kaxo said:

I didn't say it's impossible, though a club goer using one one the dance floor, in close proximity to the speaker system would certainly create so much noise pollution it would be hard to EFFECTIVELY use one. 

Bro have you ever seen a club goer holding a radio and then using to communicate with their friends, TF? I haven't seen that at all here in US, not sure how different Euro is though

Sorry I don't see where he said gangbangers use them IRL. He said they are used in crime IRL, and they are. 

I will say though, I have nearly 300+ hours in gang RP on the server, and as I said before I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone other and PD/SD/FD use a radio.

I guarantee it's not as rampant in the gang RP community as you seem to think it is lmao 

2 minutes ago, NBA said:

Bro have you ever seen a club goer holding a radio and then using to communicate with their friends, TF? I haven't seen that at all here in US, not sure how different Euro is though

You’re taking this personal and participate in bad faith. You’re going as far as trying to make this a US vs Europe issue. It’s going too far and your hostile toxicity is disgusting. Just because YOU haven’t seen any doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I would love to take you around Orlando, Tampa, Kissimmee, Miami and everywhere in between and show you otherwise. But you’re no longer participating for the purpose of the discussion or the server, you’re participating for yourself and your own sense of righteousness. It’s toxic and beyond this post I’m no longer entertaining it.

Edited by eTaylor

I personally believe that they should be available to everyone but a purchasable item.

Anybody can go to the store or on amazon and buy walkie-talkies irl..

Just because a faction uses it doesn't deem it unrealistic..

Edited by Bash
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

I certainly agree, but to tell an established they cannot have one because of that is too much micromanaging in my opinion.

No where did I say club STAFF shouldn't be allowed to have them, they absolutely should. 

All I meant was if buddy seen a club GOER using one within close proximity to the speaker system, I could see that being considered unrealistic portrayal. 

Just now, Kaxo said:

Sorry I don't see where he said gangbangers use them IRL. He said they are used in crime IRL, and they are. 

I will say though, I have nearly 300+ hours in gang RP on the server, and as I said before I honestly don't think I've ever seen anyone other and PD/SD/FD use a radio.

I guarantee it's not as rampant in the gang RP community as you seem to think it is lmao 

Dude it's right where I bolded LOL below, how do you not see that?

5 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You’d be surprised, I use radios both at work and privately and although that’s anecdotal the only reason gangbangers use radios is because it serves as a group chat that is never compromised and there are no negative connotations to having one. Making them uninteresting to operate for criminal purposes would self-enforce the issue. Radios are used in crime, it’s not unrealistic. Not as a group chat though, you have to draw the line somewhere. 

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

You’re taking this personal and participate in bad faith. You’re going as far as trying to make this a US vs Europe issue. It’s going too far and your hostile toxicity is disgusting. Just because YOU haven’t seen any doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist. I would love to take you around Orlando, Tampa, Kissimmee, Miami and everywhere in between and show you otherwise. But you’re no longer participating for the purpose of the discussion or the server, you’re participating for yourself and your own sense of righteousness. It’s toxic and beyond this post I’m no longer entertaining it.

What part am I being toxic? I have nothing against europeans lol. You're making things up, you think I'm taking things too personal?  If you think that, then I guess you think that.  Clearly I'm chilling.

Edited by NBA
Just now, Kaxo said:

No where did I say club STAFF shouldn't be allowed to have them, they absolutely should. 

All I meant was if buddy seen a club GOER using one within close proximity to the speaker system, I could see that being considered unrealistic portrayal. 

And that should be enforced as such. My only problem is with the stance that you need admin permission. It would mean radios are only applicable to what that admin subjectively believes may use a radio. An easy solution to the problem is by adding chat functions to phones, so that radios aren’t used in that matter as a substitute. 

• Bash locked this topic
  • Bash unlocked this topic