No Crosshair

ElDiablo

Short description:

No crosshair displayed on weapons.

Detailed description:

As I just remembered the good 'ol days of a MTA server that had no crosshairs, I remember how good it felt to know that a shootout could be very realistic. If this was implemented, people would have to use first person for shooting a firearm and the actual iron sights on their guns which in my opinion would be very fun.

Commands to add:

None.

Items to add:

None.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

It would make it way more hardcore, immersive and realistic. Shootouts would have more accurate outcomes and more planning would be behind them such as more tactical approaches when performing a hit or a hood attack.

People would also think more on their actions.

Additional information:

Well, I'm sure many of us enjoy videos of real life first person shootings, either tactical, comical or from real combats, and this would bring the server that feeling.

• Upvote 1

IMO FPS on GTA V isn't very well done, it seems like more of an afterthought. I would never want anyone forced to shoot with that. Not to mention, that would mean everyone has to quickly switch from 3rd person to 1st person when shootings start which, again, I wouldn't wish on anyone.

Keep the crosshair.

First person shooting is buggy because first person MOVEMENT is buggy and you do those weird desync stances. You are always living in first person IRL, but you don't play as such, because your field-of view in game is the same as if you lost one eyeball.

So, you get all geared up for a shootout in first person, and then the people you're shooting at have to panic-type in commands to equip anything in their inv, then go in first person, then deal with buggy movement themselves and on you, with a significantly smaller field of view than real life. lol

Edited by Arielle
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Arielle said:

Keep the crosshair.

First person shooting is buggy because first person MOVEMENT is buggy and you do those weird desync stances. You are always living in first person IRL, but you don't play as such, because your field-of view in game is the same as if you lost one eyeball.

So, you get all geared up for a shootout in first person, and then the people you're shooting at have to panic-type in commands to equip anything in their inv, then go in first person, then deal with buggy movement themselves and on you, with a significantly smaller field of view than real life. lol

this. until 1.1 gets pushed through anyway and then i'd be all for it

Yeah no, Massive -1
Removing crosshairs will only make it so that people download programs to have one, and it will just cause more arguments and crying.
I've seen that happen in various communities and it never ended well. 

Adding recoil would be a welcome update though.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Bloodseeker said:

i think this is a brilliant idea. it'll definitely make shooting much harder and allow for those with skill/training/experience  to surpass the others. this coupled with recoil, both would be very welcome imo

+1!!

I don't see how being blind makes training more prominent, 

• Wuhtah locked this topic