Client crashes, FPS drops and server sync: What's next ?

As you're all aware, many of you stopped playing due to the client crashes and FPS drops, preventing you from enjoying the quality of GTA 5 roleplay.

These are known problems of the current emulator we're using, GTMP.

The GTMP team is currently focusing on these problems and next update should bring solutions to these.

However, I do not want GTAW to be tied to one emulator's ability to update and fix its problems, so we will also be starting tests with RageMP, another emulator.

RageMP is currently not having these problems: there is no client crashes, no FPS drops (you'll get the singleplayer FPS), and the sync is excellent (tested with 30 players).

The RageMP team is soon publishing a "bridge" allowing servers using GTMP to switch to their emulator without re-writing all their code. Some reworks will be required, and we've been preparing it for a week already.

More work is required to prepare the switch, and this will be our main focus until the RageMP GTAW Test server is out. As soon as they fully release their bridge we will open a test server and schedule testing sessions. Our goal will be to stresstest it with 70+ players and test the sync.

I am not closing the doors to any of the two options, and we will in the end follow the best quality for the players. If next GTMP update can fix the mentioned problems, then we will stick with GTMP. If RageMP ends up being better, we will switch there.

As soon as we have switched to RageMP, or that GTMP will have fixed its problems, we will start again a massive communication campaign to inform all our previous players that the problems making them leave are now fixed, and to advertise the server on a larger scale.

We'll of course keep pushing new updates and fixing bugs, but we'll slow down on new features and I'll personally focus on the switch, along with Courgette. We will soon introduce new junior and full developers to join the team in order to keep the updates going!

• Upvote 14
  • Thanks 2
  • Applaud 2