Issues with "security" portrayal at businesses.

shiroq

7 hours ago, Roza. said:

Most of security guards are millionaires at the same time, noticed that long long time ago. Where is the roleplay quality team? ? 

Lots of people on the server are millionaires. You see police with over 800k in the bank constantly. As long as they don't roleplay as Bill Gates I don't see the problem.

You realize that working security, I make almost no money? I literally get paid 3000 an hour. The bartender makes more. Despite this, I was forced to spend over 25k on guns and licenses such as my PF, CCW, and GC.

Security is a thankless job, and the amount of misinformation in this thread is frightening. 

Edit: I'm also going to note that I have NEVER pulled out my gun on duty, or even brandished it. The only times one of my co-workers has used a gun in the past YEAR is when someone shot at the guards simply for getting kicked out of the club. Further solidifying the fact that the problem is NOT with security portrayal, and the main root of the problem is people abusing their guns to start a shootout in a club for a stupid petty reason.

Edited by icarusfeather
48 minutes ago, GHawkins said:

The number one purpose of security is the number one thing that appears to rarely work on here: Deterrence.

Law enforcement is primarily response based. Something happens and law enforcement take action to apprehend the suspect and assist the victim.

Security services are primarily prevention. The idea is to make sure nobody becomes a suspect of a crime nor a victim of one. The presence of a security is supposed to make the cost of certain illegal actions outweigh the benefit of doing said actions, that being fighting, vandalism, theft, murder, etcetera.

This does not work when the security is not taken seriously. Why security is not taken seriously? Because people either outgun the security services and know it, are able to outclick them in a fight or disregard them completely because they're not part of a law enforcement faction.

Even in this very topic, in the streamable linked before, you can see this; The person that made the streamable decided to attack another person with a deadly weapon right in front of 2 security officers while already having their attention, with another 3-4 security officers within sight. The "magdump" from the security officer that opened fire first appears to be the most realistic thing in the entire situation, because it takes a lot of training in situations like this to not keep pulling the trigger (refer to a whole load of police related shootings in the US where a large quantity if pistol ammunition is used).

So what's the response? Up-arming and armouring the security services. If people don't take the friendly-but-firm security officer seriously, perhaps they take the friendly-armed-and-armoured security officer seriously when they get confronted with the fact they have a gun and is wearing a vest. Because doing that is the language people appear to speak, seeing it in front of their noses. Especially when the friendly-armed-and-armoured security officer has to become the not-so-friendly-armed-and-armoured security officer.

And this is not an unrealistic development either. Securitas, one of if not the biggest private security companies in the world, has their employees in the United States go out in overt vests and openly carrying firearms while doing their regular patrol rounds, depending on the state. The vest is useful because of the amount of stuff it allows you to carry around while being protected from certain threats, the cargo pants someone commented on earlier serve a similar purpose.

No security company on this server rolls around in MRAPs, no security company flies Little Birds while having people hanging onto the sides, no security companies walk around with assault rifles. So I'd highly recommend the people accusing the security companies on this server of acting like private military companies to reconsider their definition of PMCs, as it's so far rather baseless.

People appear to have the expectation that a security guard should be someone in a black shirt with "SECURITY" stamped on it and that being that. And being that in this video game is pretty much career suicide; you won't be able to handle any situation unless you severely outnumber whoever is causing a ruckus, your boss will wonder what you're being paid for and either no longer hires your company or you.

The security sphere on this server is the result of people's actions surrounding and interacting with said security. The answer is the current status-quo.

Sums it up really well. Don’t like armed security around? Don’t act dumb and trigger-happy in a club because someone bumped into you while dancing. If crime in clubs are higher and more dangerous, these guards have to up their game too, otherwise their presence is completely overlooked. 

My concern is, Security does not follow realistic guide lines according to the Los Santos Guard Card or Los Angeles portrayal. Security is all about enforcing trespassers or property regulations, however people are misinformed and even the LSPD has no idea what to do when a guard requests the police to remove them off the property that they patrol.

Twice I had to deal with the LSPD who had no idea how to handle a trespass incident, they looked at the cashier or employee for answer when the guard issues a trespass warning.

People need to remember that Security Guards are hired employees by say the business or property, they have the same enforcement as the owner or employees of the premises, they have the right to remove an individual and hit them with a trespass warning or violation. 

The guard card from my view makes you look like a bouncer or messenger. This leads to guards thinking they are armed thugs.

Source: I am a Security Supervisor in reality.

22 minutes ago, tmed88 said:

My concern is, Security does not follow realistic guide lines according to the Los Santos Guard Card or Los Angeles portrayal. Security is all about enforcing trespassers or property regulations, however people are misinformed and even the LSPD has no idea what to do when a guard requests the police to remove them off the property that they patrol.

Twice I had to deal with the LSPD who had no idea how to handle a trespass incident, they looked at the cashier or employee for answer when the guard issues a trespass warning.

People need to remember that Security Guards are hired employees by say the business or property, they have the same enforcement as the owner or employees of the premises, they have the right to remove an individual and hit them with a trespass warning or violation. 

The guard card from my view makes you look like a bouncer or messenger. This leads to guards thinking they are armed thugs.

Source: I am a Security Supervisor in reality.

Thing is, Guard Card manual is heavily flawed. It states you can detain someone if they refuse to leave the premise. However, it also says you can only perform citizen's arrest if a felonious criminal act has been committed or to prevent it from happening, practically contradicting itself as trespassing is only a misdemeanor. Guard Card manual has to be reworked by LSPD first. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, H04X said:

Thing is, Guard Card manual is heavily flawed. It states you can detain someone if they refuse to leave the premise. However, it also says you can only perform citizen's arrest if a felonious criminal act has been committed or to prevent it from happening, practically contradicting itself as trespassing is only a misdemeanor. Guard Card manual has to be reworked by LSPD first. 

To be fair, it should not be monitored by the LSPD, it should be monitored and approved by the government, not the LSPD, this is the first issue.

Edited by tmed88
7 minutes ago, tmed88 said:

To be fair, it should not be monitored by the LSPD, it should be monitored and approved by the government, not the LSPD, this is the first issue.

Well, if PD is the one issuing all these licenses, including the Guard Card (and to be fair LSGOV isn't as active as the LSPD faction) then they should be the ones changing the clearly flawed manual. But this doesn't really relate to the subject of the actual thread. 

On 5/25/2020 at 10:19 PM, H04X said:

Well, if PD is the one issuing all these licenses, including the Guard Card (and to be fair LSGOV isn't as active as the LSPD faction) then they should be the ones changing the clearly flawed manual. But this doesn't really relate to the subject of the actual thread. 

The PD is supposed to abide by the SHAFT act which is a government legal order, but that doesn't happen. 

The PD writes up things as they like, then after a lawsuit from an IC viewpoint, the admin team shuts it OOCly.

Edited by zaXer.

After many years of security experience in real life I can tell you that during every interview you get asked if you've ever been in a physical altercation on the job and if so why. The reason this is asked is asked is because a physical altercation is the very last resort, the job description is literally "Observe and repor", not "Yell and shoot". You're always taught unless your life is at stake you should not even pull your firearm and you should call the police. 

• 7 months later...