A more permanent way of sharing vehicle keys

Outworld

Short description: Add a system or actually, could just modify the current one and make it so it allows one to share their vehicle key with someone for how many HOURS they want without it resetting after either players disconnects. It would be cool if you also didn't have to be inside the vehicle.

So:

/vduplicate

>Menu/window pops up: For which vehicle? (Displays all your vehicles)

>New menu: To who (shows nearby players)

>New window: For how many hours? (Free text, big limit please)

Detailed description: That's about it.

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It's annoying that one loses their shared key after disconnecting maybe because of a crash or whatever. It's so much better and would make everyone's life so much easier.

Additional information:  N/A

Edited by Outworld
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
On 5/22/2020 at 11:56 PM, full of sin said:

maybe make a key like an item that gives u the ability to spawn the vehicle? and upon returning the said item (Key) to owner of the vehicle, u cant spawn or drive it anymore.

This allows for the creation of rental companies.

I'd even go as far as to say "give people certain permissions over your vehicles". Let's say you're role playing in some sort of relationship [Spouses, siblings, parental, etc, as long as it makes sense] and you would like to give people co-ownership of your vehicle. Similar to /vduplicate, co-owners could unlock and start the engine of your vehicle, but lets expand upon that.

Co-owners can also spawn the vehicle even when the original owner is offline. Co-owners can not sell the vehicle however, since it's not in their name. 

I believe this could be possible, since every car on the server has a unique vehicle ID.
image.png.9bff35b9e6bef850bbe9788234b56b64.png

I think the /rent command should be extended to vehicles too. It would give people a chance to open rental companies as I would like to do something like that. By using /rent you (the owner) will be also able to evict the renters from the vehicles while giving them a key as an object would make them be able to come back and steal the vehicle or something among those lines. 

• mj2002 locked this topic