Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

Just now, Chief said:

It's in the IC penal code.

1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights the traffic light displays a red light the driver must stop to other vehicles before continuing. If there is no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. (EX: Reckless Driving, Negligent Operation of Vehicle, Vehicular Endangerment)

Re read that statement again real quick, I'll make it easier for you buddy. In that video he had a green light the entire time. 

1 minute ago, BigDrip said:

Who said I disagree I just pointed out how you use "Congested", also he had the right of way it was green light on your video and you clearly had the red hand display on the crosswalk signal, lmaooo who does that irl? IF it was white and then turn red that's understandable but it was red the entire time, while the light was completely green.

Your completely ignoring the fact that he was going like 110 MPH on a city street which is the entire point of this thread. If had been going 50? 70 MPH? He would have had time to slow down. But instead he was going 110 so he could meet up with his buddies quicker in Vespucci.

Just now, Chief said:

It's in the IC penal code. @shiroq you don't need to stop at every intersection, only based on what the light is. See below.

1212.) If, upon approaching a junction containing traffic lights the traffic light displays a red light the driver must stop to other vehicles before continuing. If there is no other vehicles at the junction, the driver may proceed cautiously through the junction. If the traffic light displays a yellow light that is going to a green light, then it is to be treated as a green light. If the traffic light displays a green light, the driver is not required to stop, and may pass through the intersection without stopping. Shall be charged with the applicable Title IV charge. (EX: Reckless Driving, Negligent Operation of Vehicle, Vehicular Endangerment)

Not sure when this change has been made, but either way with the video referenced in the first post. No matter what the light is if you see 4 people crossing a road you ARE  going to slow down. Instead of mowing down a group of people and going "oh hey, it was green for me sorry bud"

Just now, Henning said:

Your completely ignoring the fact that he was going like 110 MPH on a city street which is the entire point of this thread. If had been going 50? 70 MPH? He would have had time to slow down. But instead he was going 110 so he could meet up with his buddies quicker in Vespucci.

110 MPH ig is like 70, that's not really 110 MPH. Go 110 MPH irl and you'll know the difference. 

You know even though the roads aren't congested as fuck as they are in real life would it kill people to just maybe drive responsibly like most functioning human beings do in their normal everyday lives? Nobody's asking anyone to roleplay being late for their shift because they waited 30 minutes in an imaginary traffic jam, just drive like a regular human being... 

• Upvote 5

I completely agree with you. I've started noticing it as well. Before, most of the server would drive realistically and abide by the law as per the Penal Code, slowing down and yielding at intersections and so on. But I don't know if it's an upsurge in new players - because of well, the situation in the world right now - or what, but majority just blast through intersections now and are floorboard everywhere. And if you yield and they rear end you like you said, or as far as you saw the intersection was clear so you try to cross but they appear out of nowhere doing 100+MPH and hit you, somehow it's your fault in /b.

Now I'm not perfect, and I've ended up in accidents at intersections myself due to my own speeding or noticing someone else too late. But even if I don't always stop completely, I do my best to slow down and look in all directions at each intersection. And also, it's important to note that there's still a good number of players out there who still drive realistically. I've met players at intersections many times and we'd flash each other to go ahead first or horn each other and so on. I even met one guy on a bike who used the finger to imitate using his hand to tell me "go ahead". ?

But back to the topic; As much as it's an IC issue, it's also an OOC issue. Because you wouldn't blast through intersections like that in real life without a care in the world, unless you have a death wish. And if so many characters on the server have a death wish, then something's really wrong somewhere. I mean, I can understand it's still a game at the end of the day, because sometimes even I think certain things are taken way too seriously and we forget it's still just a game. But at the same time, we're here to roleplay and in my opinion, driving like you're on GTA Online and having other players constantly hoping they don't get rammed as soon as they decide to pull out onto the road is just annoying.

P.S. I also think that part of the problem stems from people who don't drive IRL too. So, naturally they wouldn't necessarily have the experience to drive properly in-game. I mean there's nothing wrong in that, but I definitely think it contributes to the problem. And I know the road markings in GTA V can be confusing and it's hard to read the signs on the side of the road when driving, but I've seen many people take the completely wrong lane for a turn, not know how to park properly or even travel the wrong way down a one way street many times.

Edited by Scorgasmic
8 minutes ago, Chef said:

You know even though the roads aren't congested as fuck as they are in real life would it kill people to just maybe drive responsibly like most functioning human beings do in their normal everyday lives? Nobody's asking anyone to roleplay being late for their shift because they waited 30 minutes in an imaginary traffic jam, just drive like a regular human being... 

????

Exactly. I slow down at red lights (not a complete stop if no other cars are there), but 9 out of 10 times cars just fly around me as if they were on a highway and not a main city street or they end up rear ending me and blame it on some sort of OOC issue. This isn't GTA Online and I wish people would stop treating it as such in regards to driving habits. Do you think some sort of OOC step-in is needed here or is it just something that we have to deal with and move on?

Edited by Chief
59 minutes ago, BigDrip said:

that's not what admins told me lights are synced in , go ig and test it out yourself lol. 

I don't think they are but ait. The suggestion needs to be added none the less the amt of people slamming into shit and driving off is crazy

Just now, Max3 said:

I don't think they are but ait. The suggestion needs to be added none the less the amt of people slamming into shit and driving off is crazy

They are I was just in-game doing a drag race, we went by lights. He said on the next green light, so we waited for the next green light. It's sync. No excuses, I ended up losing 5k on that race.

It's completely awful at the moment. Not only are people blasting through roads with not a single care, they usually crash into someone else, and then they're FORCED to roleplay a MVA, but they were going speed to avoid having to waste time. Now you get the Firemen involved, and now the person has to roleplay, he gets annoyed, afk's, delays the scene, OOC bitches at FD for 'taking forever' and viola, you get a horrible scene.

x20

This is one of the biggest issues in FD atm. It's poorly roleplayed MVA's, and then times that by five every hour. Instead of cool scenes involving OD's, fire's, people stuck in things, we get MVA after MVA after MVA with poor roleplayers in tiny cars who don't bother to put anything into their MVA roleplay besides going unconscious and tabbing out while FD has to do their thing. It's such an utter drain on FD's resources, I'd say it's probably the #1 reason why FD numbers are constantly around 1-3 every day.

It's legitimately a plague upon us all.

P.S Not to say every MVA is an awful chore, there's a ton of good MVA's involving wrecked vehicles and super great roleplay from the drivers. But it's almost rare at this point for an MVA scene to be good these days because of how widespread the poor driving roleplay is. Every MVA is a coinflip in quality and it sucks because FD get's ten's of them everyday.

Edited by KinnyWynny
  • Selena locked this topic