Non-RP driving is getting out of control and needs to be addressed

Trupiano

Without reading all 15 pages of this, ill go off the first original post:

As a cop in-game, I see speeding, failure to yield, reckless, negligent operation, I see it all, twenty four seven, three sixty five.. Now, I understand we RP in a 'Big City' and we have literally, no traffic, but people need to immerse when driving down (for example) San Andreas Boulevard.. Let's remember where that takes you--

From Legion Square > Little Seoul > Vespucci --- it brings you through three major parts of the City, which, someone doing 60 mph, even stopping at red lights to 'yield' - takes maybe.. at most, three, four minutes? Realistically you would be traveling probably like 5-10 miles, even more, that doesn't take two-three minutes.. even in some smaller towns unless you literally just have straight road where you can do 80 miles per hour (farm lands im talking about)..

In my opinion, people need to start driving like they would in real life, but then take in mind, it's a video game... It's not realistic to do 120 miles per hour down Vespucci Boulevard, San Andreas Ave, Eclipse Boulevard, West Vinewood, it's realistic to do 45-60 (60 is pushing it for me, but once again, it's a video game, think we all deserve to go a bit 'faster' then real life).

Very hard topic, as a lot of people have different views on it.. a lot of people see it differently in general compared to others. 

My one big problem that I see (but I deal with Icly) - is now Vespucci driving.. It is the Summer Time, school is realistically about to start getting out more, most Colleges in the USA (Corona Virus or not) would be graduating, this means, we would probably have THOUSANDS on our beaches, walking through Vespucci, but yet, I see people literally (not joking at all) doing 100, busting drifts around the street, then crashing into a pole and going "lol that was so much dsync on my screen" (different topic for a different time)... 

Overall, I don't think we need to 'enforce' more laws, I just generally think people need to bring the immersion to the game.. Yes, we don't have 100000's of people on the street, but we would realistically.. It grinds my gears when someone goes "Oh it's 11 PM, no ones on the roads!" -- well, no one is ever on the roads, nor are they ever busy, because we don't have 1000+ people in the server... But you would be dammed to see the traffic at 11 PM in LA, or other major cities.. Some cities, generally, don't die no matter the time of day. 

Just my thoughts!

1 hour ago, Pillsbury said:

Without reading all 15 pages of this, ill go off the first original post:

As a cop in-game, I see speeding, failure to yield, reckless, negligent operation, I see it all, twenty four seven, three sixty five.. Now, I understand we RP in a 'Big City' and we have literally, no traffic, but people need to immerse when driving down (for example) San Andreas Boulevard.. Let's remember where that takes you--

From Legion Square > Little Seoul > Vespucci --- it brings you through three major parts of the City, which, someone doing 60 mph, even stopping at red lights to 'yield' - takes maybe.. at most, three, four minutes? Realistically you would be traveling probably like 5-10 miles, even more, that doesn't take two-three minutes.. even in some smaller towns unless you literally just have straight road where you can do 80 miles per hour (farm lands im talking about)..

In my opinion, people need to start driving like they would in real life, but then take in mind, it's a video game... It's not realistic to do 120 miles per hour down Vespucci Boulevard, San Andreas Ave, Eclipse Boulevard, West Vinewood, it's realistic to do 45-60 (60 is pushing it for me, but once again, it's a video game, think we all deserve to go a bit 'faster' then real life).

Very hard topic, as a lot of people have different views on it.. a lot of people see it differently in general compared to others. 

My one big problem that I see (but I deal with Icly) - is now Vespucci driving.. It is the Summer Time, school is realistically about to start getting out more, most Colleges in the USA (Corona Virus or not) would be graduating, this means, we would probably have THOUSANDS on our beaches, walking through Vespucci, but yet, I see people literally (not joking at all) doing 100, busting drifts around the street, then crashing into a pole and going "lol that was so much dsync on my screen" (different topic for a different time)... 

Overall, I don't think we need to 'enforce' more laws, I just generally think people need to bring the immersion to the game.. Yes, we don't have 100000's of people on the street, but we would realistically.. It grinds my gears when someone goes "Oh it's 11 PM, no ones on the roads!" -- well, no one is ever on the roads, nor are they ever busy, because we don't have 1000+ people in the server... But you would be dammed to see the traffic at 11 PM in LA, or other major cities.. Some cities, generally, don't die no matter the time of day. 

Just my thoughts!

The reality to people drifting and stuff it's due to boredom, but some people are so addicted to the game itself that they can't get off. Which is why people drive unrealistic etc, it's all due to boredom. If you're bored just logged off and transition to something else. I do it all the time, 2 hrs of playing GTAW. I log off and switch to Netflix or another video game unless it's a normal weekend where corona doesn't exist, I'm out with friends socializing. 

• Upvote 1
  • Selena locked this topic