Fixing the Housing Crisis & Repairing the Economy

eMe

About the auctions.. It seems like a good idea but won't auctioning off every inactivity-sold house just drive the prices up as a whole? If no one's getting the inactivity-purged houses for cheap, then everyone will be throwing money at the auctions, and outbidding any normal players much more often.

As far as taxes, sure it might be a nice money sink/deterrent but it shouldn't apply to every property you own. Maybe it's best to not count multi-interior properties for that tax (since they're difficult to resell, can't be custom-mapped, exterior mapped, and there's plenty of them, etc.)

Anyway, there's an existing 60% price hike on the 3rd home you buy. You could add monthly taxes to those too. To most people, that's enough of a deterrent, unless you have 3m in the bank and five sports cars you park all over the lawn.. Which is the entire reason this is all needed in the first place. The new property rules should fix that soon enough if you give it a little time.

Edited by Havana

Welp, this did screw over a few people who massively overpaid for their house just to get it because it was actually worth that much in that time, but it is what it is. It actually isn't a bad idea to do the 3x mp + furniture thing, with time it'll stabilize house prices, I do agree with one thing though, nice houses wont be sold ever again most likely due to the fact that the owner would just lose way too much money.

This issue is not the properties and taxing them will do little more then harm the players who don't have 4 mil in the bank and twenty cars in the driveway. 

Trailers going for upwards of 200k? I want to see property management and faction management step in and solve that issue together. Let's not beat around the bush, Jamestown closed and a large chunk of their members moved to the county to RP there on new characters, additionally FM accepted a few more factions based out in the county. This created the price surge we're seeing today because the population of that area tripled in a week. If a faction is going to be approved in an certain area, PM should be working with that faction to make sure they have an adequate number of properties they can purchase for a reasonable price, especially if some of the properties in that area are inactive. Factions drive a lot of the area based RP on this server and I think they should receive a little help finding properties to get them started, especially when your dealing with the prices being driven up by OOC variables.

Wipe or partially wipe the assets and money of characters who have existed since mining was removed. Put the money into the governments business grant fund, make people apply for it if then need the cash to open businesses to get them back on their feet. It's very obvious that this money still has influence on the server and it's a cancer that needs to be removed before the economy gets better. Having played on a character for a bit that has had to make all his money post Pfee removal, I think the current system provides a decent enough wage to make a living while still creating enough of a challenge that players can't become rich overnight. Running a successful club isn't easy anymore, running a successful anything isn't easy anymore.

Obviously some characters should be able to keep their assets but I think a lot more people believe they are a part of that group then realistically should.

Edited by Henning
7 hours ago, Henning said:

This issue is not the properties and taxing them will do little more then harm the players who don't have 4 mil in the bank and twenty cars in the driveway. 

Trailers going for upwards of 200k? I want to see property management and faction management step in and solve that issue together. Let's not beat around the bush, Jamestown closed and a large chunk of their members moved to the county to RP there on new characters, additionally FM accepted a few more factions based out in the county. This created the price surge we're seeing today because the population of that area tripled in a week. If a faction is going to be approved in an certain area, PM should be working with that faction to make sure they have an adequate number of properties they can purchase for a reasonable price, especially if some of the properties in that area are inactive. Factions drive a lot of the area based RP on this server and I think they should receive a little help finding properties to get them started, especially when your dealing with the prices being driven up by OOC variables.

Wipe or partially wipe the assets and money of characters who have existed since mining was removed. Put the money into the governments business grant fund, make people apply for it if then need the cash to open businesses to get them back on their feet. It's very obvious that this money still has influence on the server and it's a cancer that needs to be removed before the economy gets better. Having played on a character for a bit that has had to make all his money post Pfee removal, I think the current system provides a decent enough wage to make a living while still creating enough of a challenge that players can't become rich overnight. Running a successful club isn't easy anymore, running a successful anything isn't easy anymore.

Obviously some characters should be able to keep their assets but I think a lot more people believe they are a part of that group then realistically should.

There are only 12 active characters with more than 2,000,000 and 2 with 4,000,000. Trust me these people do not impact your economy at all and they're actually not buying much. There is no "assets" problems on characters, it's actually quite healthy after 3 years. The issue is more the lack of nice housing, thus all the nice houses are sold for a lot. Players also put ton of money in furnitures and wants to get it back, which is normal but drives the prices up a lot.

Seeing the price of the furniture system, a nicely furnished trailer for 200k is no problem. Even if it's not massively furnished. We're not copying IRL prices here, you need to remember that.

1 minute ago, Nervous said:

There are only 12 active characters with more than 2,000,000 and 2 with 4,000,000. Trust me these people do not impact your economy at all and they're actually not buying much. There is no "assets" problems on characters, it's actually quite healthy after 3 years. The issue is more the lack of nice housing, thus all the nice houses are sold for a lot. Players also put ton of money in furnitures and wants to get it back, which is normal but drives the prices up a lot.

Seeing the price of the furniture system, a nicely furnished trailer for 200k is no problem. Even if it's not massively furnished. We're not copying IRL prices here, you need to remember that.

As a player since the start, I applaud how well the economy has been managed. However, I think that there definitely needs to be a lot more houses inserted into the economy to combat the rising population which has begun marketing crime-filled areas like Vespucci as luxurious spaces to live. 

Players should not be able to add the furniture price on top of their house in my opinion. Let the market dictate whether you get the MP or the 3x MP. Homeowners who built their home and sold it later almost always face a loss as compared to buying one that's already been done, adding furniture to a home should not increase your house's value.

Just now, shareef2 said:

As a player since the start, I applaud how well the economy has been managed. However, I think that there definitely needs to be a lot more houses inserted into the economy to combat the rising population which has begun marketing crime-filled areas like Vespucci as luxurious spaces to live. 

Players should not be able to add the furniture price on top of their house in my opinion. Let the market dictate whether you get the MP or the 3x MP. Homeowners who built their home and sold it later almost always face a loss as compared to buying one that's already been done, adding furniture to a home should not increase your house's value.

All houses are already spawned, as for furniture unfortunately if it's not added players will just sell whatever they did and we'll lose all the nice and creative interiors that were done.  Interiors created by players are a great asset to the server and shouldn't be lost.

• Upvote 2

Please even if you add only like the del perro beach houses for now, people who currently own houses, if the rest of my thread is introduced will be selling their Vespucci/Mirror Park houses to afford them!!! 

I am not demanding 100% of houses are added to a free market, but certainly add a more upper class neighborhood so Mirror Park remains a middle-working class suburb and not a replacement for Rockford Hills. + if this income is taken from an auction it gets removed from the economy 

I don't know RAGEMP 1.1 to what extent it is stable but there are buildings under construction that, if possible, could be mapped to make apartments and even the houses in ruins or under construction that we can see in Mirror Park and Vespucci.

While I agree with some of your proposals, particularly auctions, they are not necessary if their only goal is to prevent house-flipping. 

House-flipping could have easily been prevented with a capital gains tax on real estate (this type of tax would tax the difference between the original purchase price and the asking price at the time of sale, at some rate which the government chooses).  

The capital gains tax can be a flat rate or a sliding scale rate depending on how large the difference is. A sliding scale is probably the best approach because it would prevent the seller from marking up the asking price to cover the cost of flat tax.

The out-of-character cap imposed by Property Management could have been a backup option, but I’m confident that a sliding capital gains tax on real estate would have been enough on its own. 

You know what guys, I've been recently thinking and I have thought out a solution to fix the entire system. This system however should make money more dificult to obtain. However you would be able to get loans. How this would work, let me explain.

Property Management would initially be converted into an IC entity. A bank, but separate from government.

This bank (PM) would instead of granting leases would grant loans because money would be harder to obtain. If you fullfill their expectations as in, they see you motivated enough or even have a solid backup plan to carry out this, and pay back then you get the money plus the property. (In the case for businesses)

Now money would be harded to obtain. Yes indeed, it should be harder. How harder? Maybe to the point of getting instead of 4000$ per hour working any paycheck job for RP you'd nwo get paid by the actual business. How would this work? Well basically it would bring both more RP and interaction between owners and employees. 

Take a garage owner as an example. He puts a margin for his employees to earn per work and that's about it. Does he interact further about payments? Maybe some, but most of them don't. Now in my case as a trucking company owner I would take 90 percent of deliveries, yes this can make me get millions, however I am able to give a pay and interact further with my employees. 

This can get a lot of people mad because would get some individuals super rich (motivated people) and other not so motivated. Some companies can pay you more other companies even more. It's very complex just ask me how I think to further make it work but hope you get some of my idea. 

Also if oyu have a lower income, you'll be pushed to a lower income area, hwoever if oyu are dedicated and havea  solid nice plan that someone can help you fund, then you totally deserve to have a nice home. And have in mind that in US about 65% of the people own their own homes. The rest just rents, and that's a possiblity as well. Right now there's many limitations and they feel as OOC interventions which don't go very well with RP, so I'd like to see more IC interaction. And an RP bank is a good solution to that.

TL:DR basically capitalism would help this economy. A capitalism that can be felt just like in the United States.

Edited by Chuck Lee
  • Upvote 3
  • Applaud 2
  • mj2002 locked this topic