Prohibit players from flipping brand new properties after two weeks

Powley

Short description: Prohibit players from buying a property recently added to the server only to flip it within two weeks, or class it under rule 10 (robbing or scamming) 

Detailed description: With the recent addition of the Meteor Complex in Vinrwood, I've noticed multiple rooms purchased by a single person, only to resell a 75k motel room at a higher price, with no additions. I feel as if this is a bypass of the 2 week rule on selling properties, and is just a lazy way to exploit the system to make money. 

Commands to add: N/A

Items to add: N/A

How would your suggestion improve the server? It would help keep down inflation for starters, and it also deters players from buying up tons of new properties only to resell them at double the price with no work put in. 

Additional information:  N/A 

• Applaud 1

From an IC point of view, it’s a completely legitimate way of making money.

Morally bankrupt? Perhaps.

If you can’t flip a property, then will you be required to sell it for the exact same price you bought it for? 

Or if it’s just not being allowed to ‘flip’ from a script(map) purchase, could I not then sell it to a friend to flip?

Not certain how a change in the rules would work, if someone could clarify for me

5 minutes ago, PapaBruh said:

If you can’t flip a property, then will you be required to sell it for the exact same price you bought it for? 

The term of house flipping is to buy a property and to raise the value on it, meaning you sell it for more but while also adding on a significant margin of profit for yourself from it. What's happening currently is a 75k room is being bought, they're waiting two weeks, and then selling a 75k valued room at 100-120k. This is not property flipping. 

To answer your question - no, I don't see why you'd need a rule stating if you can't flip it to sell it for the same price. This isn't about that, it's about abusing the current system in place to line your pockets.

9 minutes ago, PapaBruh said:

Or if it’s just not being allowed to ‘flip’ from a script(map) purchase, could I not then sell it to a friend to flip?

Again if we're talking about "flipping" then the value of the house would have to be increased, otherwise your friend is just abusing the system to make an easy 30-50k depending on the property. 

10 minutes ago, PapaBruh said:

Not certain how a change in the rules would work, if someone could clarify for me

I feel a rule change would stop the lazy flipping massively. Hell, it's an RP server, if you want to flip houses? Atleast hire an interior designer, or set up a company specifically based on it. Don't buy an apartment and just wait for two weeks to sell it on for a higher amount. 

21 minutes ago, PapaBruh said:

From an IC point of view, it’s a completely legitimate way of making money.

Morally bankrupt? Perhaps.

I see your point, but on a realistic standpoint house flipping is when you buy a home and put work into it. For example. You buy a home for 75K and you map it to make the appearance different then what you originally started with which could increase the property by a 30k - 40k etc.

In real life if you were to buy a house and put no work into it then you’d realistically be losing money. Like Powley mentioned it’s just a poor way of abusing the system. There is no proper rp that shows the home has been flipped if it’s the exact same condition that you bought it at market price. 

Support. ? it’d be nice and interesting to see if people bought these for market price. Than mapped the interior or put some ic work into raising the price. 

if your Jim Bob from the convenience store who works a 9-5 or a bartender. I don’t see how it makes realistic sense that these could be bought up by them with no work than walk out with profit. 

I highly agree with this, it's just simply absurd how certain people are hoarding properties which they've bought from the server and selling them for high prices due to lack of houses available to the public. There needs to be a new system added which adds taxes which should not be low when owning multiple properties, it would prevent people from hoarding houses and eventually could fix the prices of the current market we've got. Also there apparently already is a rule which says buying houses in order to flip them is not allowed, but property management is not even close to enforcing it.

The two week rule is kinda stupid tbh. I hate that it's in place but I do understand why. Hoarding multiple houses just to resell them might be seen as a dick move but that's how real estate works in real life too (to some extend) 

The problem lies that some people buy houses with the intention to sell it for a mil or more to the right buyer who's desperate to buy a house in vespucci. 

I'm heavily against taxes to houses! Fuck no! I dont want to be forced to pay taxes for a house I already paid too much for. 

The previous rp community I was at had property slots where you were only able to own a certain amount of properties. Maybe thay could be put in place. Lets say there's a limit of one property per player (with the exception of garage and businesses). If someone wants to buy more properties they could get permission from the admin team for it. If a player would want to RP a real estate company they'd have to apply for a real estate license that allows them to buy/sell properties anytime they want. This would give gov some RP too with the extra license people have to apply for. 

There are a few real estate 'companies' out there that are really trying to provide realistic RP. 

Edited by dionkoffie
  • mj2002 locked this topic