Apt Complex Interiors [G]

On 5/8/2020 at 10:39 PM, icarusfeather said:

Yeah but you guys realize a lot of buildings have different amount of apartments. Therefore you will have to map more/less floors and apartment doors for differing apartments, it's not some play and plug "just make 3 different styles of lobbies" type of thing.

Not saying it's impossible by any means, but it's something to consider.

That wouldn't be a problem if you map for each type of building two things:

A Lobby (Low, medium, high tier)

A floor (Again, Low, medium and high tier)

And put an elevator door in each, just to change floor. The amount of floors could be easily worked just creating a copy of the example interior, and flats amount can be limited by, for example, making these floors just a straight walk and covering it at certain point, depending on the amount of houses per floor.

For the apartments inside the complex, it'd be more than enough to build one and repeat the process of copying it over and over.

Edited by Amellis

@Amellis

That's actually a great idea, I didn't even think of that lol.

Maybe we can make like up and down stairwells instead of elevators in some cases, where it's like a black wall you have to press Y on as a transition. And if it's a one floor building, just have walls where the stairwells would be.

Seems interesting, but it'd be a lot of extra interiors and a lot of extra steps just to get into your property.

I think the Red E executive building had something like this - instead of being a single menu to select a floor/room, you select a floor and then walk around a big empty room with doors in it. I'm not sure if it's still like that, but it was a lot of extra steps just for a tiny chance to get to roleplay in the lobby of a building. You actually have more of a chance to roleplay with people at the point of the multi-interior selection menu, than you would have entering every individual lobby and floor.

More of a hassle than anything..

1 hour ago, Havana said:

Seems interesting, but it'd be a lot of extra interiors and a lot of extra steps just to get into your property.

I think the Red E executive building had something like this - instead of being a single menu to select a floor/room, you select a floor and then walk around a big empty room with doors in it. I'm not sure if it's still like that, but it was a lot of extra steps just for a tiny chance to get to roleplay in the lobby of a building. You actually have more of a chance to roleplay with people at the point of the multi-interior selection menu, than you would have entering every individual lobby and floor.

More of a hassle than anything..

clearly not a hassle when everyone wants it, just because it takes longer to enter ur house than just teleporting doesnt mean its not a good suggestion

On 5/8/2020 at 8:39 PM, icarusfeather said:

Yeah but you guys realize a lot of buildings have different amount of apartments. Therefore you will have to map more/less floors and apartment doors for differing apartments, it's not some play and plug "just make 3 different styles of lobbies" type of thing.

Not saying it's impossible by any means, but it's something to consider.

They can make a hallway for every floor with an elevator to move around the floors. And they'll make the hallway longer or shorter with more or less doors depending on the building. It's really not that hard. I've seen it in LSPD's Vespuccu HQ where you have not only this but stairways too throughout 5 floors.

• MomoIsHere changed the title to Apt Complex Interiors [G]
  • Notbond locked this topic