Quality of Life change for Taxi drivers.

JaycoXO

Short description:

Good quality of life change, to an already commands overfilled script.

Detailed description:

Remove the command /starttaxi and include the taxi shift under /startshift (without the government funds).

Commands to add:

Remove /starttaxi. Include taxi workers in /startshift (without the government payment)

Items to add:

None.

How would your suggestion improve the server?

Additional information:

This will decrease the amount of commands a player must remember on the sever. Also it’s an easy implement and an easy check In the /startshift command. if(vehid == taxi) run_starttaxi_code;

Good quality of life change, to an already commands overfilled script.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Zayyy said:

Pretty simple. Not sure if it's needed.

I have no idea how you look at things. But common logic would suggest, having separate /start[something] command for each job is the "not needed" part.  

Edited by JaycoXO

There are taxi businesses, one of which I manage.

We can /startshift but it forces us to stay at the business. NO POINT

Drivers need to drive around and charge reasonable prices to players. If other businesses get 4k/hour to do their normal work, why shouldn't taxi drivers be rewarded such money for being on duty?

Making /startshift actually useful for taxi driver businesses:

I suggest that taxi businesses get this modification to /startshift. A steady income for drivers that are on duty (it should count the time they stay on /taxistart duty).

It motivates people to actually join taxi business companies and roleplay!

Edited by Fernando
  • Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Fernando said:

There are taxi businesses, one of which I manage.

We can /startshift but it forces us to stay at the business. NO POINT

Drivers need to drive around and charge reasonable prices to players. If other businesses get 4k/hour to do their normal work, why shouldn't taxi drivers be rewarded such money for being on duty?

I suggest that taxi businesses get this modification to /startshift. A steady income for drivers that are on duty (it should count the time they stay on /taxistart duty).

It also motivates people to join taxi business companies.

This, would be nice to be able to drive a cab, make some ok-ish money without overcharging horribly.

I’ve been renting taxis for a while and, at $300/hr, I find it difficult to break even some days, especially if there are several other drivers on duty. A Government stipend would be much appreciated.

Perhaps the job could also be amended such that calls may be accepted without needing to be in the driver’s seat? I’m reluctant to leave the vehicle to enter a convenience store in case I miss one! At certain times of day calls can be extremely rare.

• Upvote 1

IMO a single command should do the trick.

Customers can stop using the /taxi command and instead call on the taxi hotline only. /taxi can be reserved just for drivers, where it would simply open a UI with Start/Stop Duty button, fare settings, average fare charged by other drivers, and a list of pending calls with locations & a button to accept them.

OR

just create an app for the already existing smartphone in-game, where players can simply open the app and start their shift, receiving all the new calls on the phone itself.

Obviously including the hourly payment for sitting idle.

1 hour ago, ibbi said:

IMO a single command should do the trick.

Customers can stop using the /taxi command and instead call on the taxi hotline only. /taxi can be reserved just for drivers, where it would simply open a UI with Start/Stop Duty button, fare settings, average fare charged by other drivers, and a list of pending calls with locations & a button to accept them.

OR

just create an app for the already existing smartphone in-game, where players can simply open the app and start their shift, receiving all the new calls on the phone itself.

Obviously including the hourly payment for sitting idle.

I'm sorry but knowing this server's development team what you just said in italic is absolutely not necessary as it doesn't drastically impact how people request a taxi in any way and how you get on/off duty, so it will likely not be changed.

You can already simply press X in your taxi to go on duty. Many people dont know this.

But yeah the idle payment thing is really critical and needs to be addressed by the devs.

Here's a link to a list of suggestions regarding the taxi job so it's all said in one thread: 

Edited by Fernando
  • mj2002 locked this topic