The decision to not allow "Looking for work: ads.

8 hours ago, Logic said:

I did see the system before and I agree it was flawed. I also do get it, but I don’t think it’s right and no one, including staff has provided a sound reason to argue against my points or my solution. 

I provided a sound argument as to why disallowing it is wrong and relying on using the forums is inefficient. Then, I gave a logical and realistic solution that would solve the issue, which you seem to have not read from my responses. You just reply with “nah”.

Sound arguments to what standard? Your own? Because by that standard every argument you make is the worlds most renowned argument. Personal fields don't belong in the IG advertising system, especially people looking for a "job". Facilitating that type of roleplay is in my opinion disgusting in itself, just use the forums designed for it. That way people who want to do that, can do so without bothering other people. It's an easy solution. 

7 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Sound arguments to what standard? Your own? Because by that standard every argument you make is the worlds most renowned argument. Personal fields don't belong in the IG advertising system, especially people looking for a "job". Facilitating that type of roleplay is in my opinion disgusting in itself, just use the forums designed for it. That way people who want to do that, can do so without bothering other people. It's an easy solution. 

By your standard, we shouldn’t allow any personal ads then. You said that personal car ads are a necessity, because everyone needs a car. Everyone at one point or another needs a job, so by your own argument, that is also a necessity.

We already covered “that” type of advertising could be regulated because of the current rule set that disallows illegal ads disguised as legal ads, so it would already be reported and monitored. Thats not my standard, that’s facts. Read the rules. 

You’re okay with this standard because it fits your narrative of the situation. You’re biased towards that particular kind of ad as evidenced in your post which makes your entire argument very subjective and short sighted. 

I’m thinking objectively for people who enjoy being able to stay in-game rather than having to mix the forums in to legitimately find work. Not everyone wants to alt tab or use a second monitor to go out of the game to find something that could be found much quicker while everyone is in-game. Especially when other personal ads are allowed in-game with selling cars, houses and “items of value”, as designated by the rules. Personal ads selling houses or “items of value” aren’t a necessity, but you’ve made no mention of those being allowed. It’s a double standard that attempts to regulate an issue in the wrong way.

I can see we’re going nowhere on this. Agree to disagree. 

Edited by Logic
2 hours ago, Logic said:

By your standard, we shouldn’t allow any personal ads then. You said that personal car ads are a necessity, because everyone needs a car. Everyone at one point or another needs a job, so by your own argument, that is also a necessity.

We already covered “that” type of advertising could be regulated because of the current rule set that disallows illegal ads disguised as legal ads, so it would already be reported and monitored. Thats not my standard, that’s facts. Read the rules. 

You’re okay with this standard because it fits your narrative of the situation. You’re biased towards that particular kind of ad as evidenced in your post which makes your entire argument very subjective and short sighted. 

I’m thinking objectively for people who enjoy being able to stay in-game rather than having to mix the forums in to legitimately find work. Not everyone wants to alt tab or use a second monitor to go out of the game to find something that could be found much quicker while everyone is in-game. Especially when other personal ads are allowed in-game with selling cars, houses and “items of value”, as designated by the rules. Personal ads selling houses or “items of value” aren’t a necessity, but you’ve made no mention of those being allowed. It’s a double standard that attempts to regulate an issue in the wrong way.

I can see we’re going nowhere on this. Agree to disagree. 

A car is different from “hot young teenie tweenie new in town looking for a job, Maid masseuseeee yasss” ads, sorry but what you are suggesting is a fantasy.

31 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

A car is different from “hot young teenie tweenie new in town looking for a job, Maid masseuseeee yasss” ads, sorry but what you are suggesting is a fantasy.

As you seem to keep ignoring, that is already covered in the rules and it can be regulated just as ads are regulated now. It doesn’t have to be that way. 

If they can kick people for legitimately looking for work, they can kick people for posting stupid ads like that. It’s a pretty simple concept. 

Edited by Logic
1 hour ago, Logic said:

As you seem to keep ignoring, that is already covered in the rules and it can be regulated just as ads are regulated now. It doesn’t have to be that way. 

If they can kick people for legitimately looking for work, they can kick people for posting stupid ads like that. It’s a pretty simple concept. 

What kind of job ads are you talking about then?

57 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

What kind of job ads are you talking about then?

Legitimate ads, not the stupid ads you mention.

People get kicked when they write “Looking for employment as a mechanic, please call ##### for any available work”.   It’s hindering people who are actually trying to find work. Someone who’s new to the city and wants to look for legitimate job opportunities. There’s no need to post your age and gender when doing that, that can be discussed when someone reaches out to you. I should be able to post something like my example above without getting kicked. There’s nothing inappropriate about that and it can be easily regulated. 

Not everyone posts “18 f looking to be your maid” and I agree that shit needs to be kicked lol. 

Edited by Logic
43 minutes ago, Logic said:

Legitimate ads, not the stupid ads you mention.

People get kicked when they write “Looking for employment as a mechanic, please call ##### for any available work”.   It’s hindering people who are actually trying to find work. Someone who’s new to the city and wants to look for legitimate job opportunities. There’s no need to post your age and gender when doing that, that can be discussed when someone reaches out to you. I should be able to post something like my example above without getting kicked. There’s nothing inappropriate about that and it can be easily regulated. 

Not everyone posts “18 f looking to be your maid” and I agree that shit needs to be kicked lol. 

Why not just go to the garage and ask? 

38 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

Why not just go to the garage and ask? 

What if it’s not open? Doesn’t necessarily mean that someone couldn’t get a meeting arranged if an owner or manager is available, even if the place is closed. Could be new to the city and have no idea where to go look. Some people aren’t that forward and just don’t want to show up looking for a job like that. There are a lot of reasons.

My final point is that legitimate work ads are a very realistic thing in real life. The in-game ad medium is not an “official” medium like TV or radio because people are allowed to sell personal items, whether it be cars, houses or items of value. This would mean that the medium being used is more of a classifieds section. Open up any classifieds section in a newspaper, you will find:

- People selling cars

- People selling houses

- People selling personal items (guitars, books, furniture, etc)

- People looking for an apartment / room mate

AND... you guessed it... 

- People looking for work. 

Going back to allowing them in-game, they can be very easily regulated. There’s no justifiable reason to say LEGITIMATE work ads shouldn’t be allowed. Filter out that 18 F crap and kick them with a warning just like they kick people out now for any work ads.

Edited by Logic
  • Thanks 1
On 2/19/2020 at 4:21 PM, Giles said:

What if it’s not open? Doesn’t necessarily mean that someone couldn’t get a meeting arranged if an owner or manager is available, even if the place is closed. Could be new to the city and have no idea where to go look. Some people aren’t that forward and just don’t want to show up looking for a job like that. There are a lot of reasons.

My final point is that legitimate work ads are a very realistic thing in real life. The in-game ad medium is not an “official” medium like TV or radio because people are allowed to sell personal items, whether it be cars, houses or items of value. This would mean that the medium being used is more of a classifieds section. Open up any classifieds section in a newspaper, you will find:

- People selling cars

- People selling houses

- People selling personal items (guitars, books, furniture, etc)

- People looking for an apartment / room mate

AND... you guessed it... 

- People looking for work. 

Going back to allowing them in-game, they can be very easily regulated. There’s no justifiable reason to say LEGITIMATE work ads shouldn’t be allowed. Filter out that 18 F crap and kick them with a warning just like they kick people out now for any work ads.

The IC forums exist for a reason: https://forum.gta.world/en/index.php?/forum/16-advertisements/

Ad’s are invasive to roleplay, it’s just as simple as that. When someone posts an ad, it shows up in the middle of everyone’s RP, you are forced to look at it. That’s fine when it’s a bar or business, maybe a company providing a service. Businesses and ads that provide my character and a wide range of characters RP.

You know what’s annoying and only provides RP to one or two people? Sixteen looking for work ads every hour.

TLDR: The new rule is fine, if your looking for a job use the IC forums instead.

• Applaud 1