The decision to not allow "Looking for work: ads.

18 hours ago, Logic said:

Using the same logic, why are vehicle ads allowed? They have a forum section too. Business ads? Also has a forum section. Property ads? Also has a forum section. Might as well just not use the IG system for anything. It’s poor and inconsistent logic to single out just that form of advertisement when others are allowed. 

Because car sales, while similar to personal listings, are entirely situational and arguably an IG requirement to even be able to participate in the server. Business ads are meant to attract people to a particular business during opening times. The forums would be impractical for both examples, property ads in my opinion don't require to be IG at all. The ad system is being spammed as it is, we really don't need people spamming "YOUNG BLOOD LOOKING FOR A JOB, GOOD AT SUCKING FRUITS" every minute. It's inefficient, unnecessary and outright pointless. 

5 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Because car sales, while similar to personal listings, are entirely situational and arguably an IG requirement to even be able to participate in the server. Business ads are meant to attract people to a particular business during opening times. The forums would be impractical for both examples, property ads in my opinion don't require to be IG at all. The ad system is being spammed as it is, we really don't need people spamming "YOUNG BLOOD LOOKING FOR A JOB, GOOD AT SUCKING FRUITS" every minute. It's inefficient, unnecessary and outright pointless. 

There’s no valid reason that “Looking for a scout SMS me with any offers” is any different than “Looking for a job, SMS me with any offers”. Absolutely none. It can be regulated just as other ads are regulated for quality purposes.

How are the forums more efficient when you’re both already in-game? It’s more inefficient to have to go to the forums, post a job ad, wait for a response, organize a time to both be in-game. Usually it’s never immediate and one person may not even be on the forums, while in-game. So that already hinders any RP at that time. If we are both in-game at the same time and I post an ad in-game, that would be far more efficient.

if they fixed the in-game job posting system, this wouldn’t be an issue. However it’s not. 

Edited by Logic
Guest whoshearts

I just saw someone get kicked for breaking this rule.

What exactly does kicking them do? How did you just help them, anyone else, or yourself? You might have just blown up an entire RP experience for kicking someone who might not have known the rule. You could have just PM'ed them and told them not to do that anymore.

That's aside the fact that it's a silly rule. The argument against it, that ads could be too low-quality could also happen with the currently allowed ad types. Low-quality "looking for work" ads can be punished accordingly. 

Edit: The other argument, that people looking for jobs don't usually publish ads begs another question. What medium are these ads IC'ly even being posted? These could even be free craigslist ads. 

Edited by whoshearts
On 2/16/2020 at 11:13 AM, eTaylor said:

Buying a car from a third part is a necessity? And your example of a LFW ad is comical....

Troll much...

2 minutes ago, Zane_Field said:

Buying a car from a third part is a necessity? And your example of a LFW ad is comical....

Troll much...

You kinda need a car, most people will anyway. And honestly 90% of people using LFW ads are prostitutes and people using the server to live their pedophile fantasy. There’s a reason they’re not allowed. 

31 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

You kinda need a car, most people will anyway. And honestly 90% of people using LFW ads are prostitutes and people using the server to live their pedophile fantasy. There’s a reason they’re not allowed. 

There's a reason that regulation of ads is done. They can be regulated just like every other ad in the rules. Admins have time to kick people for posting ads in the wrong way now, so why would this be any different? Kick them if the ad is posted incorrectly. This isn't an excuse to disallow them completely.

Even better, create a new section for people to post them in-game under /wad (work ad), then use the /bad format to require 3 sections to be written in and nothing else. They then type /wad and it posts it in the format automatically, just like a business ad with a blip, name, text.

• Posting any looking for work ads must be legal in nature and written in the proper format for a business to be able to contact you:
    • Name - Profession desired - Phone number
  • Illegal advertisements are not allowed even if the intent behind them is hidden or attempted to be hidden IC (Covered by existing rules).

Easy & done. If they are written in any other way, they get kicked or reported. No grey areas to deal with. It even uses existing coding from the business ad feature, everyone wins.

Problem solved.

Edited by Logic
4 hours ago, Logic said:

There's a reason that regulation of ads is done. They can be regulated just like every other ad in the rules. Admins have time to kick people for posting ads in the wrong way now, so why would this be any different? Kick them if the ad is posted incorrectly. This isn't an excuse to disallow them completely.

Even better, create a new section for people to post them in-game under /wad (work ad), then use the /bad format to require 3 sections to be written in and nothing else. They then type /wad and it posts it in the format automatically, just like a business ad with a blip, name, text.

• Posting any looking for work ads must be legal in nature and written in the proper format for a business to be able to contact you:
    • Name - Profession desired - Phone number
  • Illegal advertisements are not allowed even if the intent behind them is hidden or attempted to be hidden IC (Covered by existing rules).

Easy & done. If they are written in any other way, they get kicked or reported. No grey areas to deal with. It even uses existing coding from the business ad feature, everyone wins.

Problem solved.

Nah

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Great reasoning. Pretty sure that answers the issue you’ve talked about, so what’s the problem? 

You keep saying the same thing, it’s been disallowed for a reason but you’re not getting it. Probably because it doesn’t bother you or you haven’t seen the system prior.

2 hours ago, eTaylor said:

You keep saying the same thing, it’s been disallowed for a reason but you’re not getting it. Probably because it doesn’t bother you or you haven’t seen the system prior.

I did see the system before and I agree it was flawed. I also do get it, but I don’t think it’s right and no one, including staff has provided a sound reason to argue against my points or my solution. 

I provided a sound argument as to why disallowing it is wrong and relying on using the forums is inefficient. Then, I gave a logical and realistic solution that would solve the issue, which you seem to have not read from my responses. You just reply with “nah”.

Edited by Logic