Realistic Needs

GR_Seb

Its been suggested many times and many good reasons have been given against it.  Most of the time, any stat your character has such has hunger is just a chore that takes you out of roleplay situations instead of boosting roleplay, and its even worse if there are no shops open, should we have mass de-hydration and starvation?

This is what is meant to be role-played. Implementing this will likely just result in people using the script to get rid of their hunger or thirst without roleplay so it makes no difference for having a script for it. People just need to RP better.

I'm against this suggestion as it's pointless.

I support this. With the same line of thought, whey cars run out of fuel, why do you die when you get shot, why do you get drunk when you drink alcohol? We can all rp those. I never seen anyone /me giving fuel u his or her car. Also, its really useless to have restaurants on this server. Lets be honest, every one opens a business to make a profit and so far there is no incentive for one to buy food as it is not necessary. Unfortunately I notice that rp is more like miming which takes out all the fun.

Edited by Paul Wayne

Scripted needs have always been done poorly even in triple A titles. Besides these needs vary from person to person. So infact forcing someone who normally eats twice per 24 hours, to do that every hour per se, is ridiculous. As said scripted needs would only bring more confusion, especially with the "1 roleplayed business active, scripted ones closed" system, where one gas station with staff on duty is in Paleto Bay for example, rendering all other stations to be blocked. I am not against rping such, given I do that actually. But in the end it's all about people.

This doesn't need to be scripted, as it should be role played. If people fail to RP something as basic as hunger or thirst without the script making them, I think there are most likely larger issues with their RP than just that alone.

Supported.

Like another poster said, this topic has been brought up many times and shot down many times.

So, what about an optional system?  When you log in with a character, do a /needs-on command or something to use the system.  That way people who don't like it never have to even see it.

Support

Why not? Should we remove fuel then? I don’t see why we have fuel but not hunger and the argument of that it should be roleplayed it just stupid, yes it should but it helps to make it a script too.     Being shot somewhere should make you roleplay it but having a script that gives you a drawback or something helps a lot in some situations. 

If it is apparently roleplayed by everyone anyway then why would it be such a ‘chore’ ???

• 4 weeks later...