State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 3/9/2024 at 10:18 PM, DLimit said:

Only for them to receive 1 verbal warning, 10 written warnings, 5 ajails, and 3 temporary bans before considering a permanent ban.

Permanent? What... is this word? I'm not familiar. Never heard of it. 

nfWgAJ2.jpeg

• Applaud 1
On 3/5/2024 at 12:30 PM, Barbary said:

Getting cussed out in /b and /pm is half the reason I ended up leaving SD's traffic unit. Basically got flamed every other traffic stop I made.

can confirm, i was responsible for most of the flaming in his pms

i still think we need to make San Andreas Highway Patrol, give them a bunch of buffalos, and tell them to get some in the name of managed democracy but that’s just me 

Edited by radreaper100
  • Applaud 1

yea add highway patrol and you'll see their leadership asking to have their own swat team etc. 

if you can limit highway patrol to a small station with nothing but officers, air and a few k9s then sure. but it's pretty obvious the faction will start asking for more stuff lmfao.

• Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, ondi said:

yea add highway patrol and you'll see their leadership asking to have their own swat team etc. 

if you can limit highway patrol to a small station with nothing but officers, air and a few k9s then sure. but it's pretty obvious the faction will start asking for more stuff lmfao.

so what even if that did happen, even sadcr has two tactical teams rn lol

but no the focus of sahp would obviously be traffic enforcement, motor vehicle investigations and vehicle theft at the end of the day, that’s their bread and butter

Edited by radreaper100

"so what even if that did happen."

my exact point lmfao. you already have enough swat teams with seb and d platoon, you don't need a third team. people in sahp are gonna get bored of doing traffic eventually, at least a chunk and will start nagging to have a swat team added. 

pretty sure state parks has tried that  too 🤷‍♂️

(oh yeah, cant use sadcr as an example. you dont see sadcr members patrolling around, meaning it's basically impossible for them to get involved in situations that  patrol agency swat teams will handle.))

Edited by ondi
(
On 3/9/2024 at 7:18 PM, DLimit said:

Only for them to receive 1 verbal warning, 10 written warnings, 5 ajails, and 3 temporary bans before considering a permanent ban.

And then the permanent ban gets appealed in 1 month, before the entire cycle repeats itself

of course people aren't going to follow the rules when the punishment is this lenient

• Applaud 1
35 minutes ago, ondi said:

my exact point lmfao. you already have enough swat teams with seb and d platoon, you don't need a third team. people in sahp are gonna get bored of doing traffic eventually, at least a chunk and will start nagging to have a swat team added. 

(oh yeah, cant use sadcr as an example. you dont see sadcr members patrolling around, meaning it's basically impossible for them to get involved in situations that  patrol agency swat teams will handle.))

swat teams don’t patrol except in the case of crime suppression patrols SD and PD have but that’s about it, many agencies have tactical teams for situations that’s just the way it is there’s enough crime to go around

Edited by radreaper100
44 minutes ago, ondi said:

The LSPD is a municipal police department, the LSSD is a county sheriff’s department. Both are general purpose all around law enforcement agencies with their own specifications based on their real life counterparts. These two are the only ones you can compare to one another. State Parks fall under a park management system with State Park Peace Officers which operate within their own niche, a much smaller corner of LEO RP. Highway patrol falls within the latter category. 

Contrary to your point of “adding another team”, it would neither add nor detract the amount of police anywhere. The LEO RP playerbase generally remains the same, they naturally fill up where ever their personal interests align. State parks didn’t add 30-40 new officers, players who like that niche naturally filtered out from PD/SD with a frequent rotation and occasional new on-boarding. All a highway patrol agency would do is change aesthetics (cars, uniforms) and allow more people a chance at LEO faction leadership within a niche of LEO RP. You’ll see the same players who you find on the highway now. 

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, radreaper100 said:

swat teams don’t patrol except in the case of crime suppression patrols SD and PD have but that’s about it, many agencies have tactical teams for situations that’s just the way it is there’s enough crime to go around

that's not my point, you can't use the excuse that "sadcr has 2 swat teams" because those teams don't have to deal with the average swat callouts. considering their faction members don't patrol. 

sahp is not something that'll fix traffic, hardening the traffic laws will. the true reasoning for wanting to add sahp is aesthetics, and that'll fall down. sadcr's a great faction with good aesthetics, but it didn't last long till the faction started encountering problems such as lack of members. 

i can see sahp facing the same problem and immediately jumping to "give us swat and detectives!" because of the fact that they're getting bored from sticking to traffic.

sahp isnt the resolution, it's an aesthetics thing. 

but, add the faction under the requirements that it sticks to 1 station with k9 and air attached, then sure. i really doubt it'll stick to that though. 

Edited by ondi
(