State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If we went by real life standards, 99% of the pursuits that happen on this server would be cancelled. Speeds in the city average over 100MPH during these chases and most American police departments don't pursue because of the risk.

But if that happens then all that tells players is if they don't want to be punished for not following traffic laws, the easiest way to avoid it is to break even more traffic laws.

Then we're back where we started.

Edited by Barbary
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Don’t get why we’re pointing fingers instead of holding everyone accountable. That goes both for civilian and LEO rpers. No one is more than the another. The LEO must lead by example is a horrible analogy to go by. Of course they’re held to a higher standard that doesn’t mean that civilian rpers should get away with it while we crucify Leo rpers for their driving. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
On 2/19/2024 at 7:52 AM, Rhelli said:

I recently went on a ride-along with someone from SD's traffic division. They were complaining (in character, but still) about the lack of MVA investigations, vague traffic laws, the driver's test. They also mentioned that drivers with horrendous records will just take the ticket, pay the fine and do the same thing. Money's no issue. Make the fines exponentially grow if you have a lot of points on your license. In the past two days I've been ran over, crashed into, rear ended about six times. The excuse was always the same. "my bad, I'm lagging, desync". If you're lagging, why are you driving at 120 mph through the city?

Install more speed bumps (city council, hello), fixed radars, revoke licenses, seize cars. Right now if someone gets their car impounded for 3 days, they'll just spawn another. Treat them the same way seized businesses are and make the drivers fight for their cars in the court of law.

I honestly wish there was a way for repeated citations in a timeframe to upgrade to a misdemeanour and then felony, or that the process of seizing vehicles repeatedly used in evasion or streetracing was more straightforward. Both would be great tools, and while one technically exists.. nobody knows how to use it. 

Right now, there seems to be a pretty broad agreement that the current way in which people drive is too unrealistic and generally 'too fast'. We established that and now obviously people start pointing fingers at each other because there isn't much else to argue here. Fun, but this achieves nothing of course. This thread should be followed up by a thread where solutions to the problem are polled too. Then we'll see what can feasibly be implemented to solve this.

• Upvote 2
4 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Right now, there seems to be a pretty broad agreement that the current way in which people drive is too unrealistic and generally 'too fast'. We established that and now obviously people start pointing fingers at each other because there isn't much else to argue here. Fun, but this achieves nothing of course. This thread should be followed up by a thread where solutions to the problem are polled too. Then we'll see what can feasibly be implemented to solve this.

Well if we want point system for example, obviously it's only applied to civilians characters. So we need  something to prevent LEO RPer doing the same thing as well. So I think there's still a good point, not the pointing.

17 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

Well if we want point system for example, obviously it's only applied to civilians characters. So we need  something to prevent LEO RPer doing the same thing as well. So I think there's still a good point, not the pointing.

I can surely tell you bad driving is punished internally for PD at least. So it doesn’t go un noticed. And it’s not the slap on the wrist civilians get. 

Edited by Akio
20 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

Bullshit. If you get into a car crash in SD and you're found liable you can get suspended, demoted and even terminated if IA deems fit. People drive like idiots across the board but we've got serious punishments baked in over here.

1 hour ago, Akio said:

I can surely tell you bad driving is punished internally for PD at least. So it doesn’t go un noticed. And it’s not the slap on the wrist civilians get. 

1 hour ago, Barbary said:

Bullshit. If you get into a car crash in SD and you're found liable you can get suspended, demoted and even terminated if IA deems fit. People drive like idiots across the board but we've got serious punishments baked in over here.

I see. However, my chara already got hit by LEO (IDK which one FD SD etc.) and the classic "you didn't load" message was seen.

I also saw plenty of them crossing intersections without stopping, even no roll stop, even when seeing my chara stopping at the intersection. Some players also sounded their opinions about them as well here. They are not exempted from the problem.

It's good that they have internal punishment, but they are still doing it.

3 hours ago, varthshenon said:

I see. However, my chara already got hit by LEO (IDK which one FD SD etc.) and the classic "you didn't load" message was seen.

I also saw plenty of them crossing intersections without stopping, even no roll stop, even when seeing my chara stopping at the intersection. Some players also sounded their opinions about them as well here. They are not exempted from the problem.

It's good that they have internal punishment, but they are still doing it.

I've personally handled plenty of traffic collision investigations, and I really don't hesitate to mark a report as "One or more officer(s) are at fault or share fault for causing the collision and further follow up is necessary." if an officer is at fault.

• Upvote 2