State of San Andreas - State of driving - Public Barometer

State of San Andreas Driving - Public opinion survey  

304 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

26 minutes ago, Airwalk said:

because niche law enforcement factions have historically worked so well right? 😄

Eh SASP and SanFire are pretty solid now. They've had their problems but every faction on this server, legal or illegal, has had them.

7 hours ago, Barbary said:

So what's the solution? Up the restrictions on car upgrades? That'll be a deathblow to mechanic RP. Buff Law Enforcement cars? That's considered Play to Win.

Speed cameras that ticket the driver.

Reduced acceleration for vehicles.

I also like the revocation or suspension of licenses, but that seems like a solution that is supposed to be done ICly.

The majority of players will complain about both though, because they don't want actual consequences that can affect them.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, varthshenon said:

We have plenty of rules but people still PG, MG, etc. Are you saying we should just remove the rules and enjoy the RP the best we can? XD We should (or at least the server) still try to mitigate the problem the best we can.

I was pretty clear on what I said. And even offered actually solutions I think might work. What I am trying to avoid is what I see happen on so many servers which people constantly complain about things and then start making these suggestions that actually haven't been thought through. Then a ton of works get done to implement these changes for them to either not work or create new issues. Harsher enforcement all it does is continue to overwhelm and already overwhelmed court system. Because now a Deputy District Attorney is going to get a prosecution for someone being charged with a Felony Vehicular charge like you guys are suggesting. Now they have to decide do I spend weeks in a trial trying to prosecute this when I got people with way more serious charges being charged with homicides and evading or do I just do a plea deal to a misdemeanor so I can keep my caseload manageable because as a defense lawyer on this server that is exactly what I'm going to suggest when I get a client either privately or as a public defender.

The only suggestion I've seen that has any chance of mitigating is speed camera but I even question that because with the server economy I don't know if fines would be enough to deter anyone. 

Edited by Power

Having RPed a traffic cop for almost a year now, honestly speaking 8 out of 10 drivers don’t care about the laws in general. 

like others mentioned the amount of times you clock people doing almost 40 over in a 60 zone which is typically every where in the city is too much to count. Not to mention if you need to turn around to try to stop them. They’re usually long gone in the distance.

As for MVAs, majority of the people just blast through without any care in the world and that one person who does follow traffic laws becomes a victim , because they can’t be bothered to stop to clear the intersection as there’s one every 10 seconds.

I’d say harsher traffic laws from and IC perspective and more severe punishments oocly for the gta online driving showcased by many of the street racers (not all are bad) but it’s ridiculous enough that there should be some sort of admin intervention to help create some form of deterrent from the type of driving they do. 

as for revoking license? What’s the point with the current system? They’ll just go retake the test right after. There’s not real repercussions for bad driving at present and if they get punished it’s just rinse and repeat cause they’ll do it again once they 1) get out of prison or 2) get out of ajail.   

Edited by Akio
  • Upvote 1
23 hours ago, Power said:

One issue and I've been wanting to make this suggestion for a while is a points system similar to criminal points but for traffic expenses. Systems like this exist is several states NY is the first one that comes to mind. Basically if you rack of points you can lose your license but more importantly the second you get a single point on your license your insurance goes up. So imagine license points is connected to a multiplier. Say you get some points for your fist offense, now your insurance cost on all your cars are 1.2x the normal cost. Get more points its becomes 1.5, etc, etc. 

10 hours ago, Power said:

Like I said it won't work. I'm sure you have to know that it isn't going to stop people. Guess what you take away their license, what happens next? They just drive on their suspended license and nothing changes because driving on a license is just a misdemeanor. And even if you change Driving without a license to a felony which IMO would be excessive but say you do that, they probably still will do it....

People just need to accept you aren't going to get people to behave the way you want all the time on RP servers because the consequences don't exist like they do IRL its a game where people can just create a new character or name change and erase all the consequences of their actions. It is what it is at this point, its the nature of RP servers you will never get rid of. Just enjoy the RP the best you can and don't let the perfect me the enemy of the good. 

I see that you suggested a license revoke at first but then you backtracked and disagree on someone who have the same opinion lol. That's why I said that. But I agree with the point system.

What if everyone played car incidents more seriously? I mean, I have experienced many times where somebody is crashes into me, then just says something like "Fuck off" and rides away. But what if every small accident became a serious RP event, leading to car repairs or tow truck call. Personally, I haven't seen at least one tow truck throughout my whole experience on this server.  (Even though I haven't played much) 

Maybe it's easier to simply adjust the level of damage to the car, making it visually unappealing or, in some cases, unfunctional.
However, this could cause a lot of other issues, so it's not the best option. The best approach is to encourage players to take car accidents seriously.

If everyone were to play car crashes more seriously, it would discourage them from reckless driving and speeding.
Additionaly, street racers would drive more carefully too, because if they crash their car, they would need to repair it in IC for at least a few days or even weeks. 

8 hours ago, Jolagh said:

I really like the idea of replicating IRL with points on your license leading to either license revoked for a period of time, leading to increased insurances and then having to reapply for your license (redo a driving test - it would need to be revamped though).

100%, and I believe 7 days is too weak on these offenses. It should be 14 days, and then permanent, where they have to appeal through a lengthy court process to regain their license back... or NC, like most people do, which generates wealth for the Panda.

1 hour ago, arven4you said:

What if everyone played car incidents more seriously? I mean, I have experienced many times where somebody is crashes into me, then just says something like "Fuck off" and rides away. But what if every small accident became a serious RP event, leading to car repairs or tow truck call. Personally, I haven't seen at least one tow truck throughout my whole experience on this server.  (Even though I haven't played much) 

Maybe it's easier to simply adjust the level of damage to the car, making it visually unappealing or, in some cases, unfunctional.
However, this could cause a lot of other issues, so it's not the best option. The best approach is to encourage players to take car accidents seriously.

If everyone were to play car crashes more seriously, it would discourage them from reckless driving and speeding.
Additionaly, street racers would drive more carefully too, because if they crash their car, they would need to repair it in IC for at least a few days or even weeks. 

So this is more an OOC problem we are talking about then an IC one of stricter enforcement. I 100 percent agree this is a problem. Just yesterday I had a dude crash into me while I was parked claiming I didn't render. So now my choice is now either say its all good and let him on his way or make a fuss of it and either force him to RP it and likely get admins involved. I've had guys not even have the courtesy to even say it was lag or even try to lie they just drive away. So my only recourse is would be to forum report them for them to say more than likely they were lagging and get leniency from the admin. IDK how you fix that because the other day I was playing on Hotel Wifi which was really crappy and I could of easily crashed into someone so you don't want to be punitive to people with legitimate lag because of the AH who crash into people and either lie or just refuse to RP car crashes. 

1 hour ago, DLimit said:

100%, and I believe 7 days is too weak on these offenses. It should be 14 days, and then permanent, where they have to appeal through a lengthy court process to regain their license back... or NC, like most people do, which generates wealth for the Panda.

Glory to the panda. All hail the panda