The future of medical roleplay

Also while i'm at it - as we have a pharmacy, currently we're stuck making pills that weigh a lot (we can't make pills that weigh mg), Also the containers they go in, are also oversized.

It's also a complete pain to create 10x pills then move them into a container so we can sell branded legal drugs for players.

Having an easy script where we can say, create a box of 10 x 400mg ibuprofen rather than all the manual work would make the process a lot less laborious!

3 minutes ago, honeyburger said:

i think the vaccination idea is great. once u get two vaccines, ur immunity stats can level up from level 1 to level 2. for level 3, maybe we can add an xp meter so it keeps track of ur total vaccinations and if u have enough xp, u'll get rank 3 immunity

afaik as ur idea for the player randomly falling, i think whether u fall or not should depend on how much points u put into dexterity/strength when u made ur character.

one good idea is also to add a sleep meter to account for insomnia and whatnot. if u don't sleep every 8 hours at your designated sleep location (house/rental, etc) then u might get a sleep deprivation effect which gives -25% health debuff

As for the sleep thing, as I see it, players sleep every day; they also eat and do things passively, canonwise. 

When you log out, I see your character go back home and do their things, such as eat, take a shower sleeps, we want the players to have some inconvenience and force them to 'treat' their characters, but we also don't want them to be unplayable, it's still a game where we all enjoy after school/work/whatever you guys do, so perhaps after a few hours of inactivity the character shows up back inside their house or around random green-zone street based on where they left (so if you roleplay your character being paleto bay based, they don't spawn in los santos....)

If we make health care too expensive people are either gonna kill themselves and fixrevive or go for PKs instead of paying. It has to be more expensive but gotta find a balance and make treatment readily available. Account for all time zones.

Maybe the implementation of a more organised medical school at ULSA and resident doctors working in Pillbox to beef up the number of people active in the hospital on a daily basis. Illnesses also might be a good addition. Maybe to tie illegal rpers into it too, we could have Medicare fraud scripts, maybe for prescription fraud schemes the applicant might need to have a registered doctor involved in order for it to get accepted. I'm happy to see this area being expanded on because I've always been interested in rping around it.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Amellis said:

If we make health care too expensive people are either gonna kill themselves and fixrevive or go for PKs instead of paying. It has to be more expensive but gotta find a balance and make treatment readily available. Account for all time zones.

The controversial solution to this is adding permanent health damage when you're PK'd after receiving some types fo damage (Gunshot, stabbing, fists), so people can't just get away by killing themselves (Also to discourage people from recklessly DM'ing each other). So permanent health damage can only be cured through Methods(TM) at a hospital or so.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Anubis said:

As for the sleep thing, as I see it, players sleep every day; they also eat and do things passively, canonwise. 

When you log out, I see your character go back home and do their things, such as eat, take a shower sleeps, we want the players to have some inconvenience and force them to 'treat' their characters, but we also don't want them to be unplayable, it's still a game where we all enjoy after school/work/whatever you guys do, so perhaps after a few hours of inactivity the character shows up back inside their house or around random green-zone street based on where they left (so if you roleplay your character being paleto bay based, they don't spawn in los santos....)

I'm pretty convinced that was all satire.

• Upvote 2
25 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Former HL2RP player here.

One of the issues characters in HL2RP face is when they get randomly sick.

How do they get sick? It's random.

You can either be next to a sick person, you can 'wake up' and feel sick, and the effect is coughing - it's the common cold.

So when your character gets sick, he'll cough randomly every few minutes, with a /melong - it'll alert others, and over time if the character doesn't get any treat - he'll have a fever, making him unable to stand for too long (forced animation or ragdoll every few), it should be treated easily - so it won't force players to skip a day or two with their characters, but it should be a thing to worry about in-game;

When a character becomes sick, he has to visit a clinic and get some medication; he should take this for some time until he gets better.

Illegal roleplayers will be unable to do illegal stuff properly being sick; imagine the 'Nah homie, I feel bad today; I think I have a fever; let's rob that house tomorrow.'

The legal and the SWAT officers can be sick, too, forcing them to take care of themselves before anything.

And the ultimate cure because nobody likes to have the odds of being sick?  

Vaccine.

Admins should be able to (re)set the illness for a character too.

Pros:

+ More RP for the clinics 

+ Characters will be 'forced' to take care of themselves, less robotic RP

+ Imagine finding someone because you heard a cough??? 

Cons:

- I can see gangs attack each other with sick characters

- It'll require an active clinic if we want to do it player-based.

- the vaccine must be super-expensive.

clockwork-based hl2rp moment 💀💀👎

11 minutes ago, honeyburger said:

i think the vaccination idea is great. once u get two vaccines, ur immunity stats can level up from level 1 to level 2. for level 3, maybe we can add an xp meter so it keeps track of ur total vaccinations and if u have enough xp, u'll get rank 3 immunity

afaik as ur idea for the player randomly falling, i think whether u fall or not should depend on how much points u put into dexterity/strength when u made ur character.

one good idea is also to add a sleep meter to account for insomnia and whatnot. if u don't sleep every 8 hours at your designated sleep location (house/rental, etc) then u might get a sleep deprivation effect which gives -25% health debuff

I think this is a great idea honeyburger

Lord this thread is massive already, it's only been an hour.

I support the addition of illness statuses, but it should be limited to common and very treatable illnesses (Cold, flu, so on) and it shouldn't impose a status. Just have a text that says 'you currently have X, visit a clinic or a pharmacy to treat your symptoms.'

I also support the addition of an advanced medical system like ArmA has for ACE. One of the big reasons why people disengage with medical RP in my experience is because it's boring for them. When your time is demoted to only doing '/do is conscious, /do has a BP of 'Y', /do is not breathing' it gets monotonous for people. If we had a more in depth system that actively told Medical personnel the details they needed to know, it'd cut a lot of chaff. Especially if an animated suite was added to this so the EMT and Paramedics just have to interact with the system instead of having to /me everything, it would let them be able to RP directly with each other, bystanders and the victim themselves.

While I do support a persistent injury system in theory (Broken legs, damaged organs from GSWs and stab wounds) I wouldn't be surprised if this only encourages people to PK even more. PKs are often abused by players (ALL players, before someone turns this into an Legal v Illegal debate again) to get out of consequences. While I would very much encourage people to RP persistent, debilitating injuries, it also requires players to not /acceptdeath as soon as they can when they get downed.

With that in mind a long term hospital ward would also be pretty cool. It would give PHMC staff some RP to do with people who, after being physically injured, have to be interred a day or two to heal.

As for paying for medical treatment, I once again echo my sentiment that this should only be added alongside some kind of Health Insurance system that's either provided by employers or the state. 9/10 Americans have insurance, guys. Unless you're living in bumfuck Alabama where the State Government thinks all Welfare is Communism and the local businesses can't/won't provide plans.

Same goes for private ambulances. I am 100% for it, but let's focus on helping out the existing medical factions before we throw even more into the mix.

26 minutes ago, Anubis said:

My intention is not to force players to be hospitalized; they need to be cured; they just can be sick.

I don't mind if the proper solution will be some tables from 24/7, but the 'real' cure will come from the clinics, and the ultimate will come from PHMC with a vaccine. 

I just do think it'll add to the general roleplay, still - and I'll agree thinking out loud, there's quite a few issues with that.

This isn't some medical simulator. We roleplay... in order to again get a "vaccine" which in all honesty, is prolly the goofiest shit I've heard suggested yet (im not trying to be rude, but it's just me being blunt) by far is the furtherest we've went away from positive suggestions. It leads to the more low end tier of RP rather than heavy RP that's supposed to be surrounded by player's creativities and not a system to force another player to go and get some vaccine to not get the common cold which they'll inevitably get with RNG for a script AGAIN THAT SHOULDN'T DEPICT SOMEBODY'S ROLEPLAY.

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1