The future of medical roleplay

7 minutes ago, Twentybyte said:

@Sharvit

I do have some script suggestions from before that were forwarded to LFM ages ago.

A working stretcher script that allows us to place patients on top of the stretcher and load them into the ambulance without needing to prompt them.

A lifepak animation.

An injection script that gives a drug effect when Paramedics or Nurses inject script drugs into patients like fentanyl, narcan, ketamine (with varying doses) I put down an entire document and this was forwarded to LFM awhile ago.

A better injury system to keep track of injuries. And allow certain injuries to inhibit movements.

An illness script for patients to put down illnesses and more interactably with providers. I have a few ideas for this, feel free to DM me.

Noting this for myself! 

6 minutes ago, Smurf said:

Not even bashing, there's a problem that needs fixed. So let's fix the problem instead of trying to put a band aid over a problem that clearly needs more than a band aid to fix it.

A lot of activity issues are starting from lack of RP, lack of support and lack of involvement by the community in this RP. 

For every 1 player that plays with them, 10 others either disconnect, don't respond, ask to skip, say that they "have to go" and then log back in 5 minutes later. 
This RP, as it stands nowadays, is boring and less attractive for both sides that are involved in it.
The reasoning behind this topic is to develop this RP, make it attractive and interesting, and with that activity will raise too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
1 minute ago, Peak. said:

I imagine that this thread is not here to highlight problems but give solutions. Advising that a faction needs activity does not help anything. 

In order to have something for MEDICAL ROLEPLAY the faction being mentioned needs activity, wouldn't you think that? So if we're trying to seek medical roleplay and improving that side of things, wouldn't you think that we need to have activity in this field of roleplay that's stable?

I'm heavily against adding any sort of RPG/MMO aspect to a roleplay based game. What happened to the players creativity for roleplay? If a person wants to RP sick, they can. If they want to RP the common cold, they can. If they want to RP getting cancer, they can. Why do we need server sided scripts to ROLEPLAY? It's just annoying to deal with. Most of the time, people don't even roleplay out their duration of time for injuries, it's just a timeskip, because we don't want to spend time being inside, bed bound trying to recover from a genuine sickness. We hop on the game to ROLEPLAY.

The only time I've ever roleplayed being sick, is probably when I'm sick IRL due to not being able to get in game and focusing on not hacking up a lung or feeling like I want to ram my face into a bucket of cold water to not be so damn hot.

Why are we suggesting RPG/MMO aspects to a text based game like we're playing Conan Exiles or WOW? If we're just talking about medical scripts, I'm all for improvement in that, but it really comes down to just roleplay and not needing a script for any of this. Let the players roleplay how they want around X, Y and Z.

There's a reason why I'm saying you have to look in the medical field of activity that being FD, PHMC, Life Guard; now I don't really know much about any of the three legal factions but I know they all have fields of medical training. But the one that you honestly need for the real medical roleplay is PHMC and each time I've went to Pillbox, it's just myself and like whomever is with my character that comes there. We AFK for like maybe 30-40 minutes, then either timeskip or log out to wait for somebody to roleplay with.

THAT is why I said there needs to be more activity within this field before implementations are put into this field of roleplay.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Monster. said:

Forcing random diseases on random players is incredibly stupid and I’ll never get behind it.  Although, sure, some sort of symptoms should show on those who go out near-naked expecting zero repercussions in extremely cold weather.

Introduce debuffs to players after injuries. Car crashes can have RNG’d injuries to various bodyparts depending on the speed of impact.  Gunshot wounds should be actively bleeding unless controlled.  Those untreated injuries should decrease the sprint speed, introduce an absurd recoil, or even cause the player to pass out or fall down in case of injury.

Healthcare needs to be charged for.  Start making it as unreasonably expensive as the American healthcare system is.

gtaw players trying to not hate every suggestion without a good reason just because it gets in their way of erp'ing (impossible difficulty):

Diseases and illness scripts, if implemented, should be self-applied by the person themselves who wishes to roleplay it just to not have some arbitrary randomness to it. This way if you want to roleplay having a flu, you have the script support to apply it to yourself. If you want to roleplay having another kind of illness, you'll have the script support to do it. But it won't force people not interested in having any of that. 

The key is serving people who are interested in it without forcing that sort of roleplay and script onto people through some random chance.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, CertifiedKiller said:

People are going to bring up the argument of a in depth medical script making it too 'RPG' ish, let me shoot that down right away. 

This is a roleplay server.

A script will help you facilitate your roleplay and avoid power gaming your injuries. If you don't wish to deal with the hassle of having to find treatment for gunshot wounds/ fall injuries or other such things you should probably go play on a deathmatch server. 

"Why should I have to roleplay my injuries if it was caused by a bug/fall?"

Bugs won't be happening 100 percent of the time. You can always /report also refund requests exist for a reason.

I'm sorry if this sounds like bashing or sarcastic, no offense. But I really envy people who lives in EU, has good internet, has good PC, so that they don't really have to deal desync/bugs issues on daily basis, or never interacted with people with these issue, so they can reeally eaasily say "Bugs won't be happening 100 percent of the time. You can always /report also refund requests exist for a reason."

Lemme send you a streamable link over what I experience on daily basis: https://streamable.com/r072kx

Please, forcing people to go /report over reoccurring things that needn't be more complicated is just not helping with the already long response time of /report and /breakin or any admin-needed requests. And this will just increase their workload over some people opinions of what should be and what shouldn't be.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Sharvit said:

Noting this for myself! 

A lot of activity issues are starting from lack of RP, lack of support and lack of involvement by the community in this RP. 

For every 1 player that plays with them, 10 others either disconnect, don't respond, ask to skip, say that they "have to go" and then log back in 5 minutes later. 
This RP, as it stands nowadays, is boring and less attractive for both sides that are involved in it.
The reasoning behind this topic is to develop this RP, make it attractive and interesting, and with that activity will raise too. 

This! 100% this. As someone who has done medical RP for a decent chunk of time on this server, we can only do so much, a good 80% of our patients outright refuse to acknowledge that we are anything more than a taxi to the ER. 

• Upvote 2

On the topic of private EMS, if FD and PHMC are struggling with activity, how can a private EMS faction expect to be more active? Medical roleplay, especially at the paramedic level, is a niche and there's only so many people that know how to do it right, or are willing to learn it. Surely another medical faction would only spread the other faction's activity even thinner?

Edited by Bauer
  • Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Smurf said:

There's a reason why I'm saying you have to look in the medical field of activity that being FD, PHMC, Life Guard; now I don't really know much about any of the three legal factions but I know they all have fields of medical training. But the one that you honestly need for the real medical roleplay is PHMC and each time I've went to Pillbox, it's just myself and like whomever is with my character that comes there. We AFK for like maybe 30-40 minutes, then either timeskip or log out to wait for somebody to roleplay with.

I come with nothing but data to show that FD and Lifeguards does actually have solid activity compared to the overwhelming call volume we deal with. 

244e539ffe.png 

This is a historical chart of what we deal with on a month to month basis. We deal with a lot but our overall responses are for this year, higher than last year

Data wise we have over 100 people in the LSFD, 70% of them are Non Commissioned leaving about 10/15 people as Supervisory and Faction Leadership, respectively. 

Here's a heat map of the calls we had in January - 

1447464892.png

For those who are interested in the LSFD, we are hiring on the 19th to the 26th of Feburary. https://lsfd.gta.world/viewforum.php?f=316

• Upvote 5

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but being in the fire department and getting calls for things like a heart attack or difficulty breathing was such a nice treat over the typical gunshot wounds. I'd love to see people get creative with it.

• Upvote 6
Just now, Kyleb said:

I'm sure it's already been mentioned, but being in the fire department and getting calls for things like a heart attack or difficulty breathing was such a nice treat over the typical gunshot wounds. I'd love to see people get creative with it.

Yes!!! We have a few frequent flyers that pop up now and they are some of the better interactions we have

• Upvote 2