Stop the "evidence will be handed to handling admin" on reports.

1 minute ago, Dark Wizard said:

This is a “i scroll the report section daily and want to see other people’s clips’ moment.

-1, discretion is allowed and it should stay that way, not everyone wants to make everything public, imagine if you were doing some stuff in ur recording that could 100% get you clowned / bullied on this server? 💀

4 minutes ago, Shaderz said:

I have the feeling this will simply discourage people from reporting other players because they might feel uncomfortable sharing certain videos or images. 

Let's give an example, let's say you're getting reported and you don't remember what happened, you're gonna want to see the evidence to help you write a clear response on the report. If you feel comfortable sending it to an admin, there shouldn't be any issue sending it to the reported party. It takes 5-10 minutes to crop out whatever you need if it's money or the chat. As @PeopleKind said, only staff members should be able to send their evidence to the handling admins.

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, debo said:

Let's give an example, let's say you're getting reported and you don't remember what happened, you're gonna want to see the evidence to help you write a clear response on the report. If you feel comfortable sending it to an admin, there shouldn't be any issue sending it to the reported party. It takes 5-10 minutes to crop out whatever you need if it's money or the chat. As @PeopleKind said, only staff members should be able to send their evidence to the handling admins.

idk man if its some embarrassin shit i’d rather not post it, just discourages u from reporting alltogether because that evidence contains stuff you might not want out there 

1 hour ago, Dark Wizard said:

idk man if its some embarrassin shit i’d rather not post it, just discourages u from reporting alltogether because that evidence contains stuff you might not want out there 

Ok then send the evidence to the reported player AND the handling admin. Problem solved. You should have the right to view the "evidence" of your accused wrongdoings lol

If they dont want it public, turn the reports into the same system as the ban appeal & RPQM reports. Where only the admin & the players directly involved can see them.

Edited by PeopleKind

-1, I disagree as well with this suggestion in agreement with the points that others have brought up. When I made a report I saw that it got hundreds of views very quickly. People are nosy and love to know about everything, even when it doesn't concern them in the least. It gives metagamers a way to get information that they can use and abuse. I think reports should be private tbh which would mitigate all of that it also wouldn't encourage friends and acquaintances of the person being reported to jump into the thread and say "I've known so and so, they're good I swear, they would never do that you have it wrong!" etc. 

I don’t think a player report is anyone’s business other than those involved and a handling admin. In fact, I think complaints should be entirely private, the only relevant part is having a public ruling which would balance both privacy and maintaining transparency. If you’re so concerned about someone’s admin record you can ask for it, most factions do. Otherwise it’s literally none of your business. Focus on your roleplay, not the meta beyond the game. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Dark Wizard said:

So you'd rather send something embarrassing to the admin who is also a player? Doesn't make sense dawg..

• Upvote 1

9/10 times the evidence will be posted on the report unless it involves information that can be crucial for future RP / staff information.

Transparancy is important and especially on reports, if it doesn't contain staff information / PD/SD investigation material or any material that can be metagamed in the future they are forced to post the evidence on the report if I'm the handling admin myself, I can say I speak for most of the admins.

• Applaud 1
4 hours ago, PeopleKind said:

Ok then send the evidence to the reported player AND the handling admin. Problem solved. You should have the right to view the "evidence" of your accused wrongdoings lol

If they dont want it public, turn the reports into the same system as the ban appeal & RPQM reports. Where only the admin & the players directly involved can see them.

I dont think that u get what rpqm reports are….. and what stops the reported player from leaking the evidence? If an admin leaks it there’s actual consequences, but if a player leaks it, then what? He should get punished? And under what should the said player get punished for then?