PK Investigation Evidence

24 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

You're right, and you can proactively solve this issue by practicing in character solutions to this in character problem. We don't need more rules because you didn't practice some basic common sense steps of the criminal world.

Criminals are not normal people.

You have several people here saying quite the opposite.

Telling people that their attempts to help you resolve this IC issue via IC means is them playing to win, probably isn't going to earn you any favors. Jusssayin....

I'm not really in the criminal world. There's nothing IC about it. The character's phone is not the phone that would be at the crime scene involved an NPC.

+1

I'm honestly baffled it's allowed to begin with. A PK-d dead body is supposed to be treated as a dead NPC, it makes zero sense to be allowed to access contents of a phone on a PK-d player and use it to gain information about things completely unrelated to said PK.

• Thanks 1

Can't wait for this to be allowed. I'll just PK out of every encounter with police to ensure they'll never get evidence from my phone. Just text the most incriminating stuff possible without worry, because a homie can easily hit me "on accident" if it looks like the burner phone is going to end up in police hands.

+1, I’ve never heard of a PKed player phone being used in an investigation for other unrelated crimes. There’s an argument to be made about using info for the murder itself but in all honesty, it’s in incredibly poor taste. There’s about a thousand different ways for you to find and connect criminal activity digitally. Fishing it off dead bodies is absolutely not it

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, DasFroggy said:

Can't wait for this to be allowed. I'll just PK out of every encounter with police to ensure they'll never get evidence from my phone. Just text the most incriminating stuff possible without worry, because a homie can easily hit me "on accident" if it looks like the burner phone is going to end up in police hands.

It’s a slightly valid concern, but seems like it would also violate deathmatching by not having a real IC reason for them to PK you, no? 

I don't even remember phones being lost/dropped when you are player killed unless you deliberately /dropitem. They are one of the few items retained unless you go for a full character kill in which then it becomes a non-issue to discuss that matter.