60FPS Cap to level out competitive gameplay

The FPS isn't even linked to your PC specs in the end, it's a lot more about your ping and how far you are from the server. I've tested it myself, low graphic vs max graphic in single-player, I can achieve almost 300 FPS with the lowest graphic and around 200 FPS with max graphic. On the server? If I'm alone in an area without any props and all, between 100-150 FPS, either with low or max graphic, it doesn't change anything. So it all come to one thing, are you lucky enough to be close to the server, because even with the fastest internet connection, you gonna have a high ping (Over 200) if you are not in Europe basically. And the moment you had a lot of people, vehicles and props to load, the server need to send you where they are all the time and that just get your FPS lower and lower, even if you have the PC for it, you can throw thousand of dollars to it, it won't make a difference.

I understand those who says it's a RP server and it shouldn't matter, and in the most case it doesn't, but there is a competitive part to the server depending what you doing, obviously racing is one of them and it's growing bigger and bigger in the last year. Most people who gonna complain about the 60 FPS cap will be the players that know they have an advantage, but they won't say it like this of course. In the end we need to even the play field for everyone, it's just a game but it's still unfair right now toward players who can't achieve those high FPS, because the difference is indeed huge. And not just in racing.

It's achievable on FiveM and most servers use it now because like we said, it make a huge difference. Question is, is it achievable on RageMP? If it's the case, there is no reason to not use it, GTA5 itself is optimize to run at 60 FPS anyway since it's a old game, try it yourself, the game just feel smoother that way anyway. Like that everything would be more fair for everyone. If there is a way to simply force it through a command or example in a dim, at least it would give the options for the people who want to use it for their events, leaving the rest of the players untouched by this.

3 minutes ago, joshua said:

jeopardizing 90% of the server's playerbase just to appease the 10% that are involved in competitive racing? the advantage for gunfights is barely noticeable, you just shoot a little faster with higher FPS. fist fight advantage is non-existent with the new sync. this is a bad suggestion.

You just said it yourself, it gives you an advantage, why people should be advantage because they have more money to throw at their PCs or because they are closer to the server?

1 minute ago, Mytrix said:

You just said it yourself, it gives you an advantage, why people should be advantage because they have more money to throw at their PCs or because they are closer to the server?

the "advantage" is you can shoot your gun like 0.01 seconds faster than someone with a lower fps LOL it REALLY isn't that deep. the racing issue is irrelevant because it affects literally 10% of the server. no way EVERYONE's experience should be deteriorated just so the 10% can have a slightly better racing experience.

• Upvote 3
26 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

tell me you can't drive/shoot without saying you can't drive/shoot

sorry bud, get a 4070 and join the club 😎

Well I've a 4080 and sadly because I'm far from the server, anytime there is a lot of people inside a dimension, my FPS drop around 70-80 FPS. Only way for me would be to move closer to the server! 😅

Everyone saying it's a roleplay server and laugh about the competition side of it but everyone here is competitive like hell, just the fact you don't want to even the play field for everyone shows it 🤣