60FPS Cap to level out competitive gameplay

After organizing competitive gameplay on the server for few years now, I've noticed that FPS has a significant impact on it.This has been highlighted as of recent during competitive racing on the server, where even a difference of 10-20fps can give a major advantage to someone. From what I've been told, shootouts etc. suffer from the same phenomenon. This also translates directly to PD pursuits as well. 

In order to level out the playing field for such activities, I'd propose the following;

1. Cap the entire server at 60fps.

or

2. Make a "competition mode" where a certain dimension/player can be capped at 60fps temporarily. This being visible to others with a marker along their name tag.

Doing so would make certain avenues of rolepay more accessible, and more importantly fairer to partake in. I'd consider 60fps a reasonable level of performance, which is achievable pretty much with all systems. And before someone comments that hundred FPS is easy to achieve in-game, it is not in a crowded event interior or downtown LS without having considerable specs. 

Edited by RennSportAMG
  • Upvote 10
  • Applaud 2

Server-wide seems a bit too much, maybe for events only, but I am skeptical about that too because the lag would be unbearable with how many people are sometimes at these racing events or events in general.

Edited by Zenko

I'm not playing at 60fps when I have equipment to run the game well over a hundred FPS. Don't know if this is even possible. We're a roleplay server at the end of the day, while the community might be overly competitive, the server and script shouldn't reflect this.

Edited by phixion
  • Upvote 8

Ngl half of the time it isnt specs. Clean ya pc, play on a SSD or sum. I had very bad lag spikes, etc until I cleaned all the BS off my computer and I can run a solid 100+ FPS at peak server times and my fans dont even spin anymore.

and besides 60 fps still looks like its lagging if your use to having a high frame rate

• Upvote 3