60FPS Cap to level out competitive gameplay

6 hours ago, RennSportAMG said:

After organizing competitive gameplay on the server for few years now, I've noticed that FPS has a significant impact on it.This has been highlighted as of recent during competitive racing on the server, where even a difference of 10-20fps can give a major advantage to someone. From what I've been told, shootouts etc. suffer from the same phenomenon. This also translates directly to PD pursuits as well. 

In order to level out the playing field for such activities, I'd propose the following;

1. Cap the entire server at 60fps.

or

2. Make a "competition mode" where a certain dimension/player can be capped at 60fps temporarily. This being visible to others with a marker along their name tag.

Doing so would make certain avenues of rolepay more accessible, and more importantly fairer to partake in. I'd consider 60fps a reasonable level of performance, which is achievable pretty much with all systems. And before someone comments that hundred FPS is easy to achieve in-game, it is not in a crowded event interior or downtown LS without having considerable specs. 

before replying further to this nigga just know that this is the setup he is posting from

rate-my-setup---8300826.jpeg?ex=65c9b194

• Upvote 5
6 minutes ago, Mytrix said:

The number of replies that quickly just show how sensitive people are when we want to take away an advantage they have 🤣

yeah lets force ppl whom actually invested in their computers to match ur doodoo specs, makes sense bro +1

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1
1 hour ago, Mytrix said:

If I play right after they restarted the server, I've an easy 60-70 FPS. 3-4 hours later, same server? I start my game, log in and I can barely get to 30 FPS.

That's because when their systems restart, it cleans out all the random objects in the server. Yet after playing for 3-4 hours. Ships have blown up. People have died and lost their items. It's caused by their LTP system and the fact server meshing isn't in, leading them to load their entire world + objects into your RAM at once. It's why their RAM requirement is so high. Their server meshing system is meant to mitigate this by only loading portions of the game and seamlessly switching servers. That's why so many people are so excited for server meshing, because of what it means not only for server shard performance, but also for client performance as a whole.

It's a similar principle with GTAW. More people = more stuff in the world. Peds, external furnishing, cars, bikes, planes. Faction vehicles are spawned. So on and so forth. It's not solely caused by your connection to the server, because the higher your ms is, the worst your connection is due to the fact it takes # ms for you to get a response. It's why someone from the US, with 120-170 ms ping, could still play at stable 120 FPS. It's even in the name.. Frames per second.. The frames that are rendered, aside from the CEF stuff, which is affected by your ping (e.g waiting before /hub shows up, etc.), are provided by the game files on your PC. It's why you have to download the server resources before the game is launched, and it's why you have to download and install the game before you go in-game too. 

FPS is solely dictated by your computer's ability to render the game. This is dictated by a combination of your CPU, your GPU and your RAM/SSD. It's not affected by your connection to the server. The weight the server is putting on your computer, that IS an effect it could have. The way your statement is put, it's simply impossible, because your connection cannot effect your FPS, due to both handling different things and being handled by different hardware.

An FPS cap on the server is going to bring about VERY MINIMAL benefit for a small portion of the server. As someone else mentioned here, it'll help maybe 10%, compared to the 90% who have nothing to do with those avenues of RP it does affect. 

Edited by Vindicator
7 hours ago, RennSportAMG said:

After organizing competitive gameplay on the server for few years now, I've noticed that FPS has a significant impact on it.This has been highlighted as of recent during competitive racing on the server, where even a difference of 10-20fps can give a major advantage to someone. From what I've been told, shootouts etc. suffer from the same phenomenon. This also translates directly to PD pursuits as well. 

In order to level out the playing field for such activities, I'd propose the following;

1. Cap the entire server at 60fps.

or

2. Make a "competition mode" where a certain dimension/player can be capped at 60fps temporarily. This being visible to others with a marker along their name tag.

Doing so would make certain avenues of rolepay more accessible, and more importantly fairer to partake in. I'd consider 60fps a reasonable level of performance, which is achievable pretty much with all systems. And before someone comments that hundred FPS is easy to achieve in-game, it is not in a crowded event interior or downtown LS without having considerable specs. 

absolutely not, if you don't have a good enough pc to run the game at over 60 FPS that's nobody else's problem except your own

3 hours ago, Mytrix said:

Yeah, it's called fairness, and not giving an advantage to someone because he just has more money to throw on his PC than the others, or because one live more away from the server which can also dictate how much FPS you have.

But since everyone here saying they aren't competitive, nobody should care about losing that high FPS advantage, right?

cope harder man, this is a roleplay server not a dm server

if you can't afford a good enough pc to run the game then that's your own problem, nobody should have to play locked at 60FPS because a bunch of broke dudes are crying about getting smoked in shootouts and pursuits

get a job and buy a better pc