60FPS Cap to level out competitive gameplay

16 minutes ago, Mytrix said:

Well I've a 4080 and sadly because I'm far from the server, anytime there is a lot of people inside a dimension, my FPS drop around 70-80 FPS. Only way for me would be to move closer to the server! 😅

Everyone saying it's a roleplay server and laugh about the competition side of it but everyone here is competitive like hell, just the fact you don't want to even the play field for everyone shows it 🤣

I'm happy for you, or really sad to hear that.

People pay thousands for their PC only to be capped at 60 fps because others can't afford it as well? And really, competitive roleplay? If you want competitive shootouts and racing I recommend Forza Horizon and Squad... -1

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1
16 minutes ago, Timzii said:

People pay thousands for their PC only to be capped at 60 fps because others can't afford it as well? And really, competitive roleplay? If you want competitive shootouts and racing I recommend Forza Horizon and Squad... -1

Yeah, it's called fairness, and not giving an advantage to someone because he just has more money to throw on his PC than the others, or because one live more away from the server which can also dictate how much FPS you have.

But since everyone here saying they aren't competitive, nobody should care about losing that high FPS advantage, right?

Edited by Mytrix
26 minutes ago, Mytrix said:

Yeah, it's called fairness, and not giving an advantage to someone because he just has more money to throw on his PC than the others, or because one live more away from the server which can also dictate how much FPS you have.

But since everyone here saying they aren't competitive, nobody should care about losing that high FPS advantage, right?

Well, this problem is not a new one, and the fact that you are far away from the server means your ping is higher, not necessarily your FPS is low and that's again a very troubled thing because, idk if you ever heard of demon grabs, they are caused by high ping and lag. Again, if we implement a cap to events only, for example, that wouldn't solve the abyss of other problems that we currently have for example extreme lag with cars that have emergency lights turned on/off within these events, or the props usage that eats a lot of that said RAM, or again, the lag that is created by loading names/vehicles.

As I want to end this replay, lowering the FPS and putting it as a cap, the 60FPS cap will make competitive events sluggish, to say the least. I was affected by the same circumstances but I would never suggest something like this because, at the end of the day, it's not only me or twenty people that are racing or playing, but there are hundreds who enjoy playing on an RP server. Competitive or not, this is an RP server, if you feel like you are not shooting faster, then try to use cover, or if you can't drive faster than someone, just drive and accept your fate or develop your character in another direction. I know the cap would in theory solve problems, but in practical circumstances, it would emphasize the current ones. ( lag with names/cars, many props that eat ram, demon grabs etc )

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2

Absolutely not. If you have ever played at 120+ Hz refresh rate you know how bad it is to play at 60 frames per second. This is just not viable for anyone (except people who have always been 60Hz players). You couldn't pay me to play this game capped at 60.

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Mytrix said:

So in all fairness if my internet connection is bad and below 5mbs we should also implement a cap otherwise everyone else has and advantage.

This is not a worldwide tournament of cs go. I dont see any other competitive games being FPS capped either under the excuse of "fairness". 

People invest money in set-ups. Why would they need to downgrade to 2018 and forced to 60 FPS?

Many high end rigs suffer from performance loss on world as is, let alone a downgrade and playing on a slide-show presentation.

Its fine as it is.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mytrix said:

The FPS isn't even linked to your PC specs in the end, it's a lot more about your ping and how far you are from the server. I've tested it myself, low graphic vs max graphic in single-player, I can achieve almost 300 FPS with the lowest graphic and around 200 FPS with max graphic.

This is scientifically incorrect. Frames per second is a measurement stating how many times a frame is rendered per second, providing you with the view you have. Each frame is individually rendered and sequenced by your graphics card, producing the fluent "video" you're used to seeing. Your frames are not provided by the server, but rather by your hard drive or SSD, on which the content of the game is stored. Hence why an SSD provides a more fluent gaming experience AND can help combat texture loss.

Your ping denotes the delay between you and the server (e.g a measurement for your connection, measured by how long it takes for a server to respond to a ping in miliseconds..) It could affect rendering the CEF windows of scripts, and in some cases the sync of other players, but it will not affect your FPS in and of itself. Too many players in 1 small space for example would, but that is not caused by the server, but rather by the load the individual peds put on your system.

If you had less FPS in GTAW than SP. That's simply because of the amount of vehicle mods, player peds, and other things your game has to render when it's in RAGE. Which is also dependent on the optimization of RAGEMP as a client. Things you don't have to load when you're in SP. Hence why SP will always have vastly better FPS than RAGEMP.

--

That put aside, I disagree with limiting the many for benefit of the few. A competitive mode would be a solution to this, if such a thing would be possible server-side by developers. That said, it seems like a rather big effort for a small win, I don't see this benefitting a vast majority of the server, seeing as how it's already been said that shooting isn't massively affected by being locked to 60 fps vs unlocked. 

I'm going to -1 this seeing as how it's a big effort for very little gain. How many players would use this and benefit from it vs how many players would be hurt by a server-wide FPS gap is too great imho. Devs' time could be better spent on other, more urgent features/bugs.

Edited by Vindicator
41 minutes ago, Zenko said:

Well, this problem is not a new one, and the fact that you are far away from the server means your ping is higher, not necessarily your FPS is low and that's again a very troubled thing because, idk if you ever heard of demon grabs, they are caused by high ping and lag. Again, if we implement a cap to events only, for example, that wouldn't solve the abyss of other problems that we currently have for example extreme lag with cars that have emergency lights turned on/off within these events, or the props usage that eats a lot of that said RAM, or again, the lag that is created by loading names/vehicles.

As I want to end this replay, lowering the FPS and putting it as a cap, the 60FPS cap will make competitive events sluggish, to say the least. I was affected by the same circumstances but I would never suggest something like this because, at the end of the day, it's not only me or twenty people that are racing or playing, but there are hundreds who enjoy playing on an RP server. Competitive or not, this is an RP server, if you feel like you are not shooting faster, then try to use cover, or if you can't drive faster than someone, just drive and accept your fate or develop your character in another direction. I know the cap would in theory solve problems, but in practical circumstances, it would emphasize the current ones. ( lag with names/cars, many props that eat ram, demon grabs etc )

Okay you are mixing a lot of stuff together right now, I know about ping, demon drag, desync and all that. But putting a 60 FPS cap wouldn't affect the ping, the demon drag wouldn't be better or worst and it wouldn't affect the ram and the props and all that. The game just doesn't feel sluggish at 60 FPS, we aren't talking about 30 FPS here, 60 FPS is smooth. Stop with the fact 60 FPS is unplayable, cmon now. 

A better ping give you one advantage, which is again, better FPS when there is a lot of stuff and players, because the server need to send that to you everytime they are loading, you can have a 4090 with the best CPU and 32gb of ram, if you are far from the server, it will basically lock your FPS low because it cannot send it fast enough, that's pretty much how RageMP work, sadly,l.

60 FPS cap wouldn't fix all the desync issue and all that, of course. But since the performance of the cars, the speed you can shot and pretty much anything you can do is all linked to your FPS, it would even the playfield a little bit more.

All we asking is the devs to have a look if it's even possible on RageMP and if it's possible, can it be toggled only for an events and not server-wide.