Input lag and client side chat freezing

liq

What's up with it? It's like you go in a clothing shop with 5 people and you get hella input lag. You step away from there and suddenly you can type again.

In high density areas you end up stuck thinking the server's dead without being able to get your input in for 5 minutes while players roam around you.

I can't be the only one noticing this so wondering if anybody else has?

• Upvote 4

I've yet to ever witness this issue, I believe this is a client <> server problem where your client is not able to properly handle all the information it's receiving. But it's hard for us to be able to work on it as we can't reproduce it.

8 minutes ago, Nervous said:

I've yet to ever witness this issue, I believe this is a client <> server problem where your client is not able to properly handle all the information it's receiving. But it's hard for us to be able to work on it as we can't reproduce it.

If they're talking about the same kind of lag that I think it is, it happens a lot at a bar of ours, easily reproducible just takes some time.

just speaking anecdotally, it seems to happen for me when there's a been a lot of activity in one area for a while, and there's lots of vehicles/people. i remember it used to happen for me behind "the iron horse" a lot in the summer, especially when there were a lot of bikes. i've had it more recently around "wagon ranch", similar circumstances.

one symptom i get is that, while i'm typing in the text field, it takes typing inputs and makes them regular keybinds (such as space bar = jumping, and R = melee attack). not sure if that helps narrow anything down.

when you reload it does fix it at least for a period.

I seem to get this randomly. But often when the server is at peak population.

This has been happening a lot more often recently, and the only fix is to just restart GTA:World.

I've probably got recordings of the lag. It also sends my GPU into overdrive where usually my game is at about 20 to 30% 3D operations, it suddenly just maxes out when the lag happens.

10 hours ago, Nervous said:

I think it may happen more fewquently within interiors with high furniture count and/or performance intensive lights

Happens a lot with garages, when you chill around the garage for too long your keyboard and chat will start lagging. Unless if you restart your game or leave the garage zone it'll fix it. However I find it annoying sometimes at clothing stores too when there's a random lag.