House market

eTaylor

1 minute ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I recall it very well, that those houses were introduced as house-request early on and no criminal could ask for them, no idea how it is today but IRL very successful criminals who launder enough fortune find ways to buy such housing via legitimate means.

As soon as you mentioned it I thought of it, I've tried to find the announcement but I haven't been able to find it. But from the sounds of it, policy has already changed.

Just now, Vash Baldeus said:

I recall it very well, that those houses were introduced as house-request early on and no criminal could ask for them, no idea how it is today but IRL very successful criminals who launder enough fortune find ways to buy such housing via legitimate means.

That is, frankly, horrible if that is the case.

But yes, no matter your roleplay type, you're able to get a house as long as the character is suitable and you hit the minimum activity and administrative record requirements.

If you earn your money via illegal means, we need to see evidence of the money laundering. We then just check in with IFM and make sure that in terms of position or rank, this all makes sense, money flowing through is realistic etc etc. IFM are such an invaluable tool for us, but we have several members of the team who roleplay in illegal factions too, so we are quite diverse in knowledge.

For legal roleplayers, it's about the same. No director that's been in a faction for a month is getting some giant Richmond house just based on position. No artist with AI art making 15 items a month and selling them for 100k and claiming millions is getting one either. Equally, business activity is checked. If people want to justify millions, we expect to see that reflected in activity. For example, if you claim your bar makes 40k a day, we're looking at how long you owned it, and how often it opens. But equally, 40k script money is not 40k irl. 

That policy is LONG since gone I would assume, thank the lord. When I applied for a house two years ago it wasn't a thing, in fact since I joined PM so I think perhaps more needs to be done to try and keep the community up to date with what's changed. We try our best, the discord announcements mainly because that's the most central place for updates to come. We post in there all the time, new complexes, changes to apps, polls for changes etc :)

• Selena locked this topic