How do you guys feel about voids?

kane

I think they are a needed tool in roleplay. I feel bad for LEOs who have to deal with a disproportionate amount of voids. I've had LEOs come to me to get a warrant signed for them on my Judge account for them to prepare and be on standby to execute the warrant for the situation to end up be voided. It sucks its just one of those things you have to live with on a RP server. 

Voids are something I'm used too. Whilst the rules state, admins need to void things. It's pretty common for people to throw it out there during a car crash or such thing. And in reality, some car crashes need to be voided due to lags or what have you. So, in those moments, I'm pretty cool with voids. Even when it's a situation that an admin has to void, it's usually a pretty good reason for it. So I've not had much reason to ever dislike a void. Without them, my character and others would probably be crippled.

Me personally I think voiding anything should be the last possible option not the 1st. 

It’s just so confusing as a player because everything is admin discretion. So one admin might understand that’s how shit goes down IRL and is a realistic reaction to another character’s actions. 

but then another could just void a situation and ruin all the RP that comes from it. I really don’t fuck with the current standard for voiding at all. It seems like everything gets voided, every fac conflict, every hit and players can even weaponize voiding.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

I switched from 3 years of legal RP to some illegal RP and gotta tell you. I am just taking the L really often as it's just a game, more people should. I don't report often, especially not on the forums, unless a admin advises me to. The void situations can suck of course, because you might have taken it IC and talked about it with people, and a week after it gets voided while IC characters aren't aware of the situation being voided. 

59 minutes ago, The Plug said:

Me personally I think voiding anything should be the last possible option not the 1st. 

It’s just so confusing as a player because everything is admin discretion. So one admin might understand that’s how shit goes down IRL and is a realistic reaction to another character’s actions. 

but then another could just void a situation and ruin all the RP that comes from it. I really don’t fuck with the current standard for voiding at all. It seems like everything gets voided, every fac conflict, every hit and players can even weaponize voiding.

Agreed

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

Punishments should be dished out without having to void a scene unless it’s something extremely unrealistic or if majority of people involved agree to a void. 

reminds me of this helicopter being stolen by someone, lots of rp for 15+ people, but admin deemed it a rule break and voided the rp for all those folks. I think in that instance a punishment for the rulebreak and continuing ic for the char to face consequences there would’ve been better. 

too many voids for scenes that shouldn’t be voided. 

Only void if a rule break has happened. No other option. Both parties can't decide to "void" things. 

You break rules? You get ajailed etc and the situation is also voided since it stemmed from a rulebreak.

• Upvote 1
On 3/8/2024 at 12:39 AM, Anders said:

Only void if a rule break has happened. No other option. Both parties can't decide to "void" things. 

You break rules? You get ajailed etc and the situation is also voided since it stemmed from a rulebreak.

agreed